How to Start a Missing Person Thread and other thread edits

I can't start threads yet but Ashland county Ohio released a drawing of a 2005 murder victim. I have the picture of the bust and need to learn how to access Ohio missing women for 2005

I have never posted but lurk here daily. I saw this missing person news story and it made me extremely sad. I have searched for it here but I don't believe there is a thread for Megan Huckaby. I am unable to start one for her because I haven't posted (somewhat of an introvert) but would really be thankful if someone could start a thread for her. I don't know her personally but from what I've read, she has a family who really loves her and wants to find her. Here is a link to a news story. http://5newsonline.com/2018/04/07/family-asks-for-help-finding-missing-loved-one/

I have never posted but lurk here daily. I saw this missing person news story and it made me extremely sad. I have searched for it here but I don't believe there is a thread for Megan Huckaby. I am unable to start one for her because I haven't posted (somewhat of an introvert) but would really be thankful if someone could start a thread for her. I don't know her personally but from what I've read, she has a family who really loves her and wants to find her. Here is a link to a news story. http://5newsonline.com/2018/04/07/family-asks-for-help-finding-missing-loved-one/
Welcome to Ws Gingersuzie!
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?371132-Megan-Huckaby-(Rogers)-22-ARKANSAS-7-July-2017&p=14054330#post14054330
[h=2]Megan Huckaby (Rogers), 22,ARKANSAS, 7 July 2017[/h]

I read this post too late. I started a Missing thread and used the incorrect format for the title. I could NOT figure out how to edit the title of the thread. So I started another thread ... The problem is, I can't figure out how to DELETE the first thread that I made. I went to the "edit" tab on the first post in the thread, but I cannot see any option for deleting this. Please help?

I read this post too late. I started a Missing thread and used the incorrect format for the title. I could NOT figure out how to edit the title of the thread. So I started another thread ... The problem is, I can't figure out how to DELETE the first thread that I made. I went to the "edit" tab on the first post in the thread, but I cannot see any option for deleting this. Please help?

Hi Nosey Neighbor!

As far as I am aware, you cannot delete a thread once it is created, only edit or close it. So I went to your profile to find the threads you were discussing and alerted the mods to deleted the original, incorrect thread. They will resolve this for you.

If you ever need assistance, you can alert by clicking the red triangle at the end of each post, type your message and a mod will help you.

Thanks for starting the thread for Shane. :)

Hey there! I dont seem to have the Post new threat button and i am trying to post a new thread about a missing person from the Toronto area. Any tips? My account has been activated already.

Thanks!

Hey there! I dont seem to have the Post new threat button and i am trying to post a new thread about a missing person from the Toronto area. Any tips? My account has been activated already.

Thanks!

Welcome to Ws faithamberlee!
It takes a certain amount of posts before one can start a thread, not sure how many, but in the meantime, i can start a thread for you, who is missing?

I found an article of a girl missing in 1979 in Texas, she isn't in any missing persons databases and I can't find any articles saying she was found safe, just a follow up article saying police called off the search assuming she ran away. The article is from newspapers .com which I've seen both quoted before and also seen it flagged bc it's a pay site. Can someone help me with this?

I found an article of a girl missing in 1979 in Texas, she isn't in any missing persons databases and I can't find any articles saying she was found safe, just a follow up article saying police called off the search assuming she ran away. The article is from newspapers .com which I've seen both quoted before and also seen it flagged bc it's a pay site. Can someone help me with this?

Hi Two for the road

What is her name? Can you link us to the article? I will try to help you with this :)

Her name is Micki Bailey, 15, missing from Liberty City, Texas in 1979.

The article about her missing:
26 Jun 1979, Page 1 - Longview News-Journal at Newspapers.com

Article of her search being called off: 26 Jun 1979, Page 1 - Longview News-Journal at Newspapers.com

Says in the article that her mother and her just moved to Texas from CA and that her horse was supposed to arrive soon after she went missing. She went out for a walk in a pasture near her house and never came home.

Please delete if inappropriate. I don't mean to violate ToS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180530-183412.jpg
    Screenshot_20180530-183412.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 7
Her name is Micki Bailey, 15, missing from Liberty City, Texas in 1979.

The article about her missing:
26 Jun 1979, Page 1 - Longview News-Journal at Newspapers.com

Article of her search being called off: 26 Jun 1979, Page 1 - Longview News-Journal at Newspapers.com

Says in the article that her mother and her just moved to Texas from CA and that her horse was supposed to arrive soon after she went missing. She went out for a walk in a pasture near her house and never came home.

Please delete if inappropriate. I don't mean to violate ToS.

Thanks. I'm flagging this for a mod to see if the "Newspapers" link is enough to start a thread :)

Please note: Once you publish a post, you'll have only a limited amount of time to edit it. Once the timer has expired, you will need mod assistance to make any changes.

To edit a post:

1. Click the Edit Post button at the bottom of your post.

2. Make desired changes to your post.

3. Add a reason for editing, if you wish.

4. Click the Save button.

To edit a thread title:

1. Click the Edit Post button at the bottom of the opening post.

2. Click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the post.

3. Make desired changes to your title.

4. Add a reason for editing, if you wish.

5. Click the Save button.

BBM above to say that as far as I can tell the directions (To edit a thread title) seems to no longer apply, wondering how we now edit a thread title ???? (within the allotted time of course)…

TIA.

Hi, I came across a missing person case on twitter, who may have possibly been sex trafficked.
Unfortunately I can not find any MSM, all there is so far is information, photos and tweets from her sister. I’m assuming I can’t start a thread with just this information?

Thanks for any help :) and I hope I have posted this in the right place

No, you cannot. I know you want to help but we have to go by the strict rule that there has to be a police report. When a police report is made then families can go to missing persons non-profit sites and make posts about their missing loved ones. That's how our incredible members find all these missing people. Thru alerts from other organizations or simply good old-fashioned detective work. By that I mean going through local papers, searching on Facebook or Twitter like in your case.

You should ask this person if they have made a missing person's report on their loved one. Even if she is a sex worker that doesn't mean they shouldn't look for her. They absolutely should look for her no matter what she does for a living.

If you can get a police report and send it to me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com then I can start the thread.

Thanks for caring HayLouise.
Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592