Huckaby's Family Speaks

I have not seen a report one that says Melissa was not volunteering as a Sunday School teacher at the Clover Baptist Church by the family or anyone else. Everything I have read or heard from LE says she was and I believe them.

I hope we eventually hear statments from the ex husband. He probably has much he could tell, such as the reason for the ambulance bills and other medical costs.

i think i'm viewing this the opposite of what most here are ....this press conference made me angry. i don't agree with them doing it, don't even understand what they were trying to accomplish besides asking the media to "respect their wishes" about church services and i most definitely despise the throwing of church filigree on everything. like quoting some passage is going to make this all ok. it seemed he was up there with self serving intentions and i can completely understand why Sandra's uncle would want to punch them out. it's like the guy is up there talking about a corporate merger or something, just his smug face..:banghead: maybe i am just mad about the whole situation, but that presser really set me off.

I think it's hard not to throw "church stuff" into it when it involves a church, a Sunday school teacher, and a pastor and his family.
I know it is hard not to hate the family of the accused but unless something comes out about them causing Melissa to become a child molester, abuse growing up etc... they had no part in hurting Sandra. I think it would be wise of them to not talk to the media too much. This is about justice for Sandra and not MH being "a good sweet mother and person". I'm just glad we haven't heard anything about a rotting pizza!

I have not seen a report one that says Melissa was not volunteering as a Sunday School teacher at the Clover Baptist Church by the family or anyone else. Everything I have read or heard from LE says she was and I believe them.

Hi SS, I wanted to try and understand what you meant by raising the point that Melissa was volunteering at the church. Volunteers should be held to the same standard as a paid worker in my opinion. Maybe more so because with a volunteer we do not always find out a person's specific training. I was a Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Girl Scout leader over a 10 year time period and I also volunteered at the school store in my childrens elementary school. Are you saying because she was a volunteer and not a paid employee of the church that she should be overlooked? Just trying to understand your post.

Again I must reiterate that any person can be a wolf in sheep's clothing...know who your children are with.

i think i'm viewing this the opposite of what most here are ....this press conference made me angry. i don't agree with them doing it, don't even understand what they were trying to accomplish besides asking the media to "respect their wishes" about church services and i most definitely despise the throwing of church filigree on everything. like quoting some passage is going to make this all ok. it seemed he was up there with self serving intentions and i can completely understand why Sandra's uncle would want to punch them out. it's like the guy is up there talking about a corporate merger or something, just his smug face..:banghead: maybe i am just mad about the whole situation, but that presser really set me off.

you are not viewing it the opposite as me....just wanted to tell you I echo your thoughts and you are not alone.

Wow those are eerie similarities! Thanks for that post. I knew there was a woman who's name was similar but I didn't know all that other stuff too. Poor woman

Hi SS, I wanted to try and understand what you meant by raising the point that Melissa was volunteering at the church. Volunteers should be held to the same standard as a paid worker in my opinion. Maybe more so because with a volunteer we do not always find out a person's specific training. I was a Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Girl Scout leader over a 10 year time period and I also volunteered at the school store in my childrens elementary school. Are you saying because she was a volunteer and not a paid employee of the church that she should be overlooked? Just trying to understand your post.

Again I must reiterate that any person can be a wolf in sheep's clothing...know who your children are with.
Of course not. I was only relaying the facts as presented by the media and by LE. It was not a paid position, but she was indeed working at her grandfather's church and not her father's church as some had mentioned. I know we all believe now he should not have entrusted her with his church members or the open door he provided to her either as a paid employee or a volunteer.

Why on earth would anyone think that I would not want her held accountable because she was only a volunteer?!

I've never heard of any Baptist's being paid to teach sunday school. They're all volunteers. I think it needs to be verified though, because some churches wouldn't let a divorced woman teach sunday school and especially one who had recently been charged with stealing from Target.

Just curious what others make of this statement (bolded part):

Sandra's uncle, Joe Chavez, said the arrest of his sister's neighbor had allowed some of his rage toward Huckaby's family to surface.

"I want to go over there and beat the crap out of those people, but I'm not going to do that," he said as he stood at the entrance to the mobile home park where the little girl lived with her mother. "I just want to vent my anger, but it's not in me."

It wasn't "the arrest brought up anger" or anything else... it was "allowed to surface" implying it had been brewing under the surface for a period of time. I'm telling you, LE and the Chavez family (Sandra's) know more that we do. They suspected her all along, is my guess and perhaps have warranted animosity toward the family in general.

On NG last night, Sgt. Tony Sheneman stated that Melissa Huckaby would have been arrested soon with or without the statements she made to the press. NG specifically asked him if TPD had been building a case against her already (or something like that).

It is quite possible due to the line of questioning of the Chavez/Cantu family that they had an indication the investigation was pointed in Melissa's direction. This could account for the animosity Uncle Joe was brewing towards Huckaby and her family.

On NG last night, Sgt. Tony Sheneman stated that Melissa Huckaby would have been arrested soon with or without the statements she made to the press. NG specifically asked him if TPD had been building a case against her already (or something like that).

It is quite possible due to the line of questioning of the Chavez/Cantu family that they had an indication the investigation was pointed in Melissa's direction. This could account for the animosity Uncle Joe was brewing towards Huckaby and her family.

Yes, from the search warrants and locations searched, they knew pretty much after finding Sandra and the suitcase who was involved. Again, I cite the round the clock police presence at the hosptial for MH's "suicide" attempt. I am just wondering why his rage was at the family, not just Huckaby. It makes me wonder if the family (grandparents) was giving the impression to the Chavez's or LE that they were protecting MH or not forthcoming with knowledge that they had of this crime. If this is the case, I would have a hard time having any pity for Lane and Connie Lawless.

Is anyone finding MH's family's defence of her a bit tepid, if nonexistent?

I mean, if my son were accused of this I would be in everyonen's face screaming his innocence. Because I know he would never do anything like this. As an innocent parent I didn't think my little boy was capable of anything bad. But when I caught him lying to me at eight years old I realized he was a normal kid who didn't walk on water. I wised up and kept my eye on what he did. Nothing creepy, but I always kept him in the corner of my eye. I learned what his faults and weaknesses were and expected that more would show as he got older. That's why I would be on TV, in the newspapers, at the public defender's office, grabbing people on the street even, screaming that he didn't do this.

MH's family doesn't seem to have that kind of faith in her. They seem to trust LE more than they believe in their own flesh and blood. I'm thinking they must have a good reason. Considering all the lies she's told the media and LE, she must have been lying to her own family so much that in their hearts they think she's guilty. Lord, who knows what else they know about her. Ugh. Her family must not be all monsters. Eyes for Lies thinks Connie Lawless is naive and innocent. I pity and pray for Sandra Cantu's family, but I also truly pity MH's innocent family members.

Gah. I can imagine what Melissa's daughter is going to go through and it's going to be awful.

Is anyone finding MH's family's defence of her a bit tepid, if nonexistent?

I mean, if my son were accused of this I would be in everyonen's face screaming his innocence. Because I know he would never do anything like this. As an innocent parent I didn't think my little boy was capable of anything bad. But when I caught him lying to me at eight years old I realized he was a normal kid who didn't walk on water. I wised up and kept my eye on what he did. Nothing creepy, but I always kept him in the corner of my eye. I learned what his faults and weaknesses were and expected that more would show as he got older. That's why I would be on TV, in the newspapers, at the public defender's office, grabbing people on the street even, screaming that he didn't do this.

MH's family doesn't seem to have that kind of faith in her. They seem to trust LE more than they believe in their own flesh and blood. I'm thinking they must have a good reason. Considering all the lies she's told the media and LE, she must have been lying to her own family so much that in their hearts they think she's guilty. Lord, who knows what else they know about her. Ugh. Her family must not be all monsters. Eyes for Lies thinks Connie Lawless is naive and innocent. I pity and pray for Sandra Cantu's family, but I also truly pity MH's innocent family members.

Gah. I can imagine what Melissa's daughter is going to go through and it's going to be awful.

I personally think that MH's family is walking a very fine line. I believe they love and support her but have seen the evidence and are trying to come to terms with what they know on paper and what they know in their heart.

If you do not have an astrology thread posted for this case, please do so, and keep it there.. most of us, don't like tihs part of the investigation, including me. However, you have a right, just keep it in yer own spot. If there is not an astrology thread for this case, please start one, keep that dicussion there. TIA.

:blowkiss:

I've never heard of any Baptist's being paid to teach sunday school. They're all volunteers. I think it needs to be verified though, because some churches wouldn't let a divorced woman teach sunday school and especially one who had recently been charged with stealing from Target.

The more I read about this case, the more I think there was no Sunday School class, period.

I realize this is a developing case still in its early stages, so I'm not making any firm conclusions here. It's just a feeling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130
Back