Huge Fire In Malibu (ca) *merged threads*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest news, the Del Mar Fairgrounds, where they have been housing people's pets and large animals, is on the boundary of a recommended evacuation area. If they have to evacuate the fairgrounds, it will be a disaster.

They are taking horses in Laguna Woods, right off of El Toro and Moulton. I hope they got the animals from Modjeska Ranch Rescue. I'm sure she did. She was looking for donations of leashes and collars earlier this year. Also, all of the animals at that place out there where people have weddings....what is the name of that place???

FWIW the 5North up here is wide open and moving. I am at the first Dana Point to PCH exit.

man oh man... so sorry you guys out there are having to deal with this. stay safe and thank you for keeping us informed. you're in my thoughts.

Hey Gang,

Well this has been a nightmare. I live off Santiago Canyon (I take that exit from the 241 to/from work) and work in Foothill Ranch. That portion of the toll road has been closed for two days so it's taken me an hour to get to/from work.

We were evacuated from the office yesterday, but my house was OK.

I'm at work now, just got all the systems up and running (I run the technology dept) and NOW I hear my home is in possible danger. Only I can't leave because I'm the most senior person in the office and will have to organize another evacuation if the flames, that are less than a block away, (on two sides of us) get any closer.

I have a headache. Seriously.

God, I just got back from the store and hoped things would have taken a turn for the better. I guess not.
What if they have to evacuate the places that are housing evacuees? This has been on my mind since last night? I have these horrible visions of people being stuck on highways trying to get out.
Many prayers coming your way.

Hey Gang,

Well this has been a nightmare. I live off Santiago Canyon (I take that exit from the 241 to/from work) and work in Foothill Ranch. That portion of the toll road has been closed for two days so it's taken me an hour to get to/from work.

I'm at work now, just got all the systems up and running (I run the technology dept) and NOW I hear my home is in possible danger. Only I can't leave because I'm the most senior person in the office and will have to organize another evacuation if the flames, that are less than a block away, (on two sides of us) get any closer.

I was wondering where you were. I remember you saying you lived out there last year. I think it's when we had the little fire off of the Ortega. I hope you and your home are safe.

I have co-workers that are in Trabuco Canyon. I think he needs to go home and get out of there.

Hey Gang,

I can see the smoke from where I'm at. Be safe mesnowmom :blowkiss: .. your safety is more important than your work

Hey Gang,

I have been waiting for you toweigh in mesnowmom. The last fire impacted you out off the 241.

let me know if there is anything I can do to help. That fire is not looking good right now. But that can always change.

SO 2 weeks ago 2 of my kids were displaced from their home because theri apartment building was sliding down the hillside.
this week my 2 San Diego sons are facing fire danger.
I am in one of the few safe places left lol.
What if they all move home? :eek:

Second death confirmed from burns at the santa Clarita fire. civilian.

This morning's fire map and evacuation map:
http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/newsreleases/102307_0530_Evac_FirePerim.pdf

They've improved it with page numbers on the squares so you can more easily figure out where a particular spot is.

Witch fire looks like it will make the coast - Del Mar fairgrounds is in a pretty brushy area - they're definitely in a little trouble. Harris fire has moved a ton since last night. I think until the Santa Ana winds blow themselves out (this never happens, that they last this long), all the firefighters can do is try to slow it and protect houses, nothing more.

Oh, and the hotels are saying they're full up - all of them. And with new evacuations in Del Mar, at least one hotel has had to evacuate.

Can you imagine - all the hotels in a tourist town are full - San Diego has tons of hotels.

Like many builders, we have standing inventory in Yucaipa. I cannot sell them to save my soul. These are not my own inventory, but rather a builder I am consulting for.
if anyone wants an OUTRAGEOUS deal on a beautiful family home in Yucaipa, pm me. Not kidding.

http://www.prestigecommunities.com/MorningRidge-Features.aspx

I think Tom's Girl was asking about fire danger to your Yucaipa properties. As far as I know, Yucaipa is still upwind of the fires currently burning.

SO 2 weeks ago 2 of my kids were displaced from their home because theri apartment building was sliding down the hillside.
this week my 2 San Diego sons are facing fire danger.
I am in one of the few safe places left lol.
What if they all move home? :eek:

One of my co-workers just went through an apartment slide a couple weeks ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member