CO Human Remains Recently found Pueblo County, Rye. Need help identifying clothing.

If you click on the Namus site, there is a location link. It takes you to the site where the remains were found. Very interesting little view. It seems to be right near the High School and close to the highway. Makes me think it might have been a young person.

Last edited:
Kim Remmel went missing in Colorado about ten years ago, her NAMUS page says they believe she may have been wearing hiking boots.

She went missing in late May. But maybe she was out and about for months before she died in that final location?

Here NAMUS description makes it sound like she might have been traveling on a long road trip?

The possible locations for Kim Remmel are pretty far from Rye- not an impossibility, but if her vehicle is also missing it seems unlikely someone would not have spotted that in the area. It's a small community, the kind where there are tourists that come and go but locals all know each other.

It's interesting to me that the first reports say remote area, and then the location pin is not. Rye is small, yes, but the pin appears to have been dropped just in the center of town. I was envisioning somewhere in the mountains, which that is decidedly not.

(My boyfriend's family owns land in Rye and we go there frequently; if remains were found at that pin they would have either had to have been concealed in a man made structure, or placed there very recently. Those areas are mowed frequently.)

The possible locations for Kim Remmel are pretty far from Rye- not an impossibility, but if her vehicle is also missing it seems unlikely someone would not have spotted that in the area. It's a small community, the kind where there are tourists that come and go but locals all know each other.

It's interesting to me that the first reports say remote area, and then the location pin is not. Rye is small, yes, but the pin appears to have been dropped just in the center of town. I was envisioning somewhere in the mountains, which that is decidedly not.

(My boyfriend's family owns land in Rye and we go there frequently; if remains were found at that pin they would have either had to have been concealed in a man made structure, or placed there very recently. Those areas are mowed frequently.)
on the website for the google location, it says you can change the date of the google video.

I clicked on it for 2008, and it was much less built up on that site compared to now. Perhaps they built there on the burial and it was accidentally dug up recently with some new construction?

Krista Bowman went missing in 2017 while driving from CA > CO to visit her boyfriend. She last contacted her family "while in southern Colorado." According to Charley Project, her official last known location was Fort Garland which is only about an hour away from Rye.

1673671933408.png

If you click on the Namus site, there is a location link. It takes you to the site where the remains were found. Very interesting little view. It seems to be right near the High School and close to the highway. Makes me think it might have been a young person.

The location on the map in Namus is often not the exact place where remains were found. It's often just a point somewhere in the middle of a town. LE also said the remains were found in rural Pueblo county.

Is there a tag in the coat?

Size 8 Levi's? Did I miss the size of the boots, the coat?

Agree with @Bit of hope on the map pin. We have a couple threads with locals who know where the remains where found -- and not at the map pin.

But, the map does give you an idea of the area & I do appreciate NAMUS including them. (I would prefer them to be spot on the coordinates, though.)

Coin purse, but no ID? Younger person, pre-driver's license & credit cards, or was a larger wallet stolen?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose
Back