Hunt for Madeleine could be shelved within 3 weeks - 11 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Hunt for Madeleine McCann could be shelved within three weeks: Missing girl's parents fear search may end abruptly as funding runs out with no new leads to chase

The parents of Madeleine McCann fear the costly police hunt into their daughter's disappearance could be shelved within three weeks by the new Home Secretary.

As funding is set to run out at the end of this month it has been revealed that detectives have still failed to unearth any significant clues during their latest trips to Portugal.

As yet no fresh request has yet been made for more money from the Home Office, as another 'D Day' looms for embattled Kate and Gerry.

Hunt for Madeleine McCann could be shelved within THREE WEEKS fear the missing girl’s parents | Daily Mail Online

I fear that they will never know what happend to their daughter..to be honest

Very possibly, but the taxpayer cannot simply keep expending unlimited amounts of public funds when all leads have been exhausted. IF credible new information comes to light then the file maybe dusted off and additional funds provided, but police cannot dig up the entire Algarve to keep the parents happy.

Very possibly, but the taxpayer cannot simply keep expending unlimited amounts of public funds when all leads have been exhausted. IF credible new information comes to light then the file maybe dusted off and additional funds provided, but police cannot dig up the entire Algarve to keep the parents happy.
Yes that's what I meant..nothing panned out
So it doesn't suprise me that the case will be shelved untill some new tips/leads have a promising lead
And I don't think that Madeleine,if be found,it will be in Algarve

I wish very much that Madeleine could be found and that there would be answers as to what happened/who...

But if you keep doing the same thing, you get the same results? So what exactly have they been doing all these years, and what could they look at in a different way? If they can't answer those questions well, then maybe it should be shelved for now. But I would still like to know the answers, and I think a lot of the British public would like to know.

Unfortunately, I do not think that precious child is alive :(

Me neither, and I think that this epic, world wide goose chase should come to an end now.
The parents should be able by now to keep the legend of Madeleine's abduction alive without making others pay for it, since they have 11 years of practice. Just my personal opinion.

Well,this does feels tricky to me..as.. I am.. a mother,myself!
And children/ life vs money....Aiiiii

When Madeleine went missing,it was and still is huge news.
Not every missing child would hit the headlines (that is sad,unfortunately)
So they had that going,it must be a living nightmare to -not- ever know what happend with your child,always thinking..what if...who took..what have they done to her? Is she alive..?
No answers..so many years in the dark

Without funding ,it does not mean that the search will stop!
But I do hope that Madeleine's siblings will get the centre/ focus in their lives..it must be so hard for them,as well...

No funding, does not mean,forgotten!

Ouders Maddie McCann vrezen dat onderzoek naar mysterieuze verdwijning definitief afgesloten wordt

Completely agree. What could £11m have meant to the NHS or our emergency services instead? I get that this is (allegedly) a missing person/child but there are so many other missing people that need attention. It's time to start focussing on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim