Hurricane Ian, Sept 2022

I have a friend on the east coast (Jupiter). Even there it's awful. She posted several pictures of damage from the feeder bands and tornadoes. These are a couple.

Attachments

• 308860383_5438207786229034_5531004539800314382_n.jpg
    308860383_5438207786229034_5531004539800314382_n.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 309422573_5438207026229110_3305053331009710864_n.jpg
    309422573_5438207026229110_3305053331009710864_n.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 30
Been watching grandkids. Is Reed okay?
Sadly, I don’t know.

I saw an *uncut* raw video of him. Or so it said. It was part of the same one I linked, but this one was much longer.

The end of that video is what deeply concerns me. What I hear him saying is “ow”, twice towards the very end end but he cannot be seen as he says “ow” on the *uncut* video.
IMHO the “ow’s” sounds pretty painful ones.

At min 7:51 is where you can hear him and the video cuts out.

EBM: changed wording from bad to painful.

Sadly, I don’t know.

I saw an *uncut* raw video of him. Or so it said. It was part of the same one I linked, but this one was much longer.

The end of that video is what deeply concerns me. What I hear him saying is “ow”, twice towards the very end end but he cannot be seen as he says “ow” on the *uncut* video.
IMHO the “ow’s” sounds pretty painful ones.

At min 7:51 is where you can hear him and the video cuts out.

EBM: changed wording from bad to painful.
He posted on Twitter 3 hours ago. Is this before or after you lost track of him? I'm guessing there is no cell signal any more, either.

WINK news in Fort Myers was forced off the air a hour or so ago because their station building started to flood.

Thoughts for everyone affected and those still in it's path.

Take care

ETA - Video of the Lee County Sheriff's Mobile command center floating down the street. 5th video down the article.

Last edited:
So sad for my fellow Floridians. We're getting outer bands and winds only up to 65 mph here. Ian turned in sooner than expected so we're a lot safer in the Cedar Key outer area. Probably lose power as usual but nothing compared to what the central and southern Floridians are experiencing. Hoping Ian fizzles like the Wicked Witch of the West.

I LOVE some Ryan Hall Y'all. I have been following him for I think about a year now or maybe a little more. He is really awesome at what he does. I feel like he keeps us more informed than MSM.

We are in transportation and a lot of times my guys are in areas he reports on. When the tornados broke out this past spring early summer in Texas he is the one I followed live in order to report back to my guys on the road who were in the area. Reed Timmer was right ahead of two of my guys and I was able to get my guys to pull over before hitting live wires. The word THANKFUL will never be enough for that night alone for everything this man and his team does.
OT: I too have been watching Ryan Hall Y'all and his team since the tornados in Texas. I live in a tiny town in East Tx. and we were in the path. i don't have cable any longer and I could not find very good reporting on the net. I stumbled upon Ryan somehow and watched for hours. I really appreciated his reporting. It was so scary. I have been in earthquakes before but I think tornados are scarier.

SHELBYVILLE, Ind. (WISH) — Indiana National Guard soldiers, flight crews and mechanics with the 38th Infantry Division’s aviation brigade will leave Thursday morning from Shelbyville to help Florida recover from Hurricane Ian.
The personnel and two UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters will provide logistics and perform reconnaissance missions...

Wow. Been swamped with work, just tuned in. This is worse than predicted. 1.5 million out of power in Southwest Fla. My kids and grandkids live there. Not in evacuation path, but close. I asked them to come up here, too late now. They are hunkering down and staying. PA electric utilities are preparing our “mama” (mutual assistance) crews to head down to help. Prayers for all.

He posted on Twitter 3 hours ago. Is this before or after you lost track of him? I'm guessing there is no cell signal any more, either.

This is the same video. There have been no other videos of him or from his crew and team, since.

I don’t know if you have Fb but if you do Reed had been doing lives since yesterday and even this morning and early afternoon. And then nothing after the “ow” video.

Edit to add: The public hasn’t heard anything from Reed since 1pm (the last video).

Last edited:
Our crew got the 25 generators delivered today, they are now in the hands of men who will operate those generators. They were heading to a hotel for tonight and will await order tomorrow to see where they will be dispatched with those so they can power the stations.

As for my crew, they left Florida as soon as they were all unloaded and are this evening in Alabama where they will be loading tomorrow and heading elsewhere. We were told these generators were going to Murphy Oil Company stations which is Walmart. If you are in FL, watch your gas buddy if you can, to see which of those stations will have power and fuel. I am not sure how many more generators were ordered but I know there were a LOT. I have no idea if other oil companies or gas station brands ordered, I only know in all a few hundred went down last night to position up to be dispatched where needed.

OT: I too have been watching Ryan Hall Y'all and his team since the tornados in Texas. I live in a tiny town in East Tx. and we were in the path. i don't have cable any longer and I could not find very good reporting on the net. I stumbled upon Ryan somehow and watched for hours. I really appreciated his reporting. It was so scary. I have been in earthquakes before but I think tornados are scarier.
We do not have cable or satellite either. So, I relay on everything else I can get my hands on to monitor situations. It makes for long days and nights when my guys are in harm's way but I appreciate so much being able to see and track things in real time to help protect them. All of my crew is now out of harm's way and safe for the night so I can work on my second job now LOL.

Honesty...thoughts and prayers..hang in there!
My guys are all to safety now thankfully. And they have no more requests as of now to go back down there this week. I have a feeling that will change over the weekend when it is determined what needs there are for supplies in the coming weeks.

My grandmother is in FL but so far she is ok. I have a feeling she will lose power soon though. They are getting some tough winds in her area and a lot of cell towers are down. So communication is slim.

As of 7 p.m.,[about an hour ago] Ian’s center had moved inland about 25 miles from Punta Gorda and 100 miles south-southwest of Orlando with sustained winds down to 125 mph, still a Category 3 hurricane, moving north-northeast at 8 mph. Hurricane-force winds extend out 50 miles with tropical-storm-force winds extending out 175 miles.
“As it moves inland, you’ll see the eye start to diminish but don’t let that fool you,” said acting NHC Director Jamie Rhome. “It will still pack a formidable punches and moves across the state of Florida.”

He warned the storm surge threat on the coast will continue to torment the coast with Naples levels starting to recede, but Fort Myers picking up.
Gov. Ron DeSantis spoke after landfall noting that some who stayed behind in the evacuation zones are calling for rescue now, but he warns the response will be delayed.
He said the intensity of the storm will only fall behind the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935, 1992′s Hurricane Andrew and 2018′s Hurricane Michael in the state of Florida, saying that on review, the NHC may even upgrade it to a Category 5.

“At a minimum, it’s going to be a very strong Category 4 that’s going to rank as one of the top five hurricanes to ever hit the Florida peninsula,” he said.

Ginormous Ian is going to dump a whole lot of water on Florida and it's packing some heavy winds on top of it. By comparison Andrew was a terror but it was smaller and moved so fast that the damage most of us suffered was from wind and tornadoes. Bad enough but Ian's flooding, as some of you already know, will likely cause long-term damage, leaving behind homes covered in mold and weakened structures. Ian is nasty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer
Back