I did a follow-up interview with the new case manager with new information

1. No one claiming to be his sister called shortly after his death.
2. No one claiming to be his mother had recently submitted a DNA sample.
3. They are confident he was NOT from VA.
4. They do not think the faint tattoo is a Grateful Dead dancing bear.
5. They did not check the contents of his stomach after he died.
6. They cannot do isotope testing on his teeth to see where he spent his childhood because he was cremated.
7. They are confident that he was no older than 21; most likely a teenager.
8. I asked if they were surprised that he had no drugs in his system with JD being a deadhead and he said he was not. I asked if that was because JD probably couldn't had afford drugs and he said that was likely.
9. I asked about the Amish theory and he said he does not believe JD was Amish.
10. I asked him about my theory that he could have been reported missing but the report was not available or lost. He said that they routinely use Namus as their primary source for possible matches but most missing person cases before Namus was created have not been uploaded. In other words, he probably was reported missing but the report was never uploaded on Namus.
11. The case was never publicized on a national level in the beginning but more in VA.

HE HAS BEEN POSITIVELY I.D. BY HIS MOM. THE GRATEFUL DOE, GRATEFUL DEAD FAN AND JASON ARE THE SAME PERSON. SEE PAGE 2 -- https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ob5TlUkOnrD_-_gvT81k-OX-MWrngURG69kIGNzJg4/edit#

HE HAS BEEN POSITIVELY I.D. BY HIS MOM. THE GRATEFUL DOE, GRATEFUL DEAD FAN AND JASON ARE THE SAME PERSON. SEE PAGE 2 -- https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ob5TlUkOnrD_-_gvT81k-OX-MWrngURG69kIGNzJg4/edit#

I guess this section needs to be renamed so people know he's been identified.

See this article ‘Grateful Doe’ Is Identified 20 Years After Road Trip Death By Katie Rogers Dec. 11, 2015

Jason’s name had been circulating among online communities of Deadheads, as well as among online sleuths.

The anonymous user greymetal began circulating the composite on Imgur a year ago and posted an update after someone provided photos of a former roommate and Grateful Dead fan named Jason who looked very similar to the composite.

The roommate didn’t know Jason’s last name, but the case was also helped along by people on Facebook, Reddit and Websleuths, a site dedicated to unsolved mysteries. A Grateful Doe Facebook page created in 2012 had drawn more than 13,000 followers who were interested in identifying the crash victim. On Reddit, more than 3,000 sleuths had joined a subReddit of the same name. Many users circulated sketches and composites of Grateful Doe within online Deadhead communities and local media outlets.

Identified! SC - Jason Patrick Callahan, Myrtle Beach, missing since 1995

I agree. There is a forum called Unidentified Grateful Dead that should be changed too. I am relieved the family found their son.

I agree. There is a forum called Unidentified Grateful Dead that should be changed too. I am relieved the family found their son.

I'm relieved they found him too. It was pretty horrible to see. Everything happened so fast after greymetal joined here. I can't even imagine how his mom feels. It took forever for the DNA to process and be done (10 months). If you read some of the posts; I forget which one but people that knew him from concerts were here; told us he had a back pack that must have gotten left in a car. Jason was most likely going home after losing his stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back