Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

Authorities are responding to a scene in northwest Iowa where officials say a body has been found.

According to KCCI, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation says a body was found in Sac County, Iowa Wednesday afternoon. KTIV has also confirmed this with the United Cajun Navy.

This is the same county where David Schultz went missing in November 2023. As of right now, there has been no confirmation of the identity of the body.

The video said criminal investigators involved but now the video is gone, did anyone else see it???

ETA: Regardless,
Snipped...
...Matt Hoffmann that David was found in a farmer’s field and he was identified by the boots he was wearing.

David’s body was reportedly found 1.5 miles west of where his truck was located...

First, deepest condolences to David's family and loved ones, especially Sarah and his children.

Also, interested to know if David was found during part of an organized search, given that the article above says that the Cajun Navy was also consulted to verify the finding of this being David, or did someone just stumble across it?

Personally, I always believed that it was highly probable that David's body was within a 2 mile radius of his vehicle, and despite all the claims of extensive searching, that he had just not been found. Bodies can be incredibly difficult to find, even for the most experienced searchers. I do not believe that this was a case of foul play, but the investigation will now of course, begin with a new focus.

I am so shocked, because I can't imagine how they missed his body if they searched that area?
Same… it makes me wonder if he was initially taken from that area and then moved back at a later time.

When David first went missing, LE had dogs that tracked his scent only a short distance from the truck, and went no further.

This all seems very suspicious.

Last edited:
So sad to hear this . My heart breaks for his wife and family . And wondering what happened ..did he just get out and walk? I can't stop thinking about how the one twin son didn't get a kiss before he left. I don't know what I want the outcome to even be ,they all suck.

Timeline for reference...lest we forget.

Same… it makes me wonder if he was initially taken from that area and then moved back at a later time.
I checked the area on google maps, and most everything in a 1.5 mile radius to the west of the trucks location looks like corn fields to me. (IMO,JMO,etc.) I’m no farmer, and have no clue about how and when crops are harvested… but I imagine if they were super tall/overgrown at the time of his disappearance, it would be pretty easy to miss a body out there.

I checked the area on google maps, and most everything in a 1.5 mile radius to the west of the trucks location looks like corn fields to me. (IMO,JMO,etc.) I’m no farmer, and have no clue about how and when crops are harvested… but I imagine if they were super tall/overgrown at the time of his disappearance, it would be pretty easy to miss a body out there.
I don’t understand how the dogs could have missed him, though!

Also, as an Iowan, i recollect that the farm fields would have been harvested at the time he went missing. There would have been stubble, nothing tall or overgrown!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back