Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

The video said criminal investigators involved but now the video is gone, did anyone else see it???

ETA: Regardless,
Snipped...
...Matt Hoffmann that David was found in a farmer’s field and he was identified by the boots he was wearing.

David’s body was reportedly found 1.5 miles west of where his truck was located...

quoting myself -- the video i mentioned is still here:

Schultz's wife, Sarah, tells KCCI that her husband's body was found in a farmer's field and that Sac County Sheriff's Office identified him by the boots he was wearing.

The body was allegedly not far from where searches were held, she said.

I don’t understand how the dogs could have missed him, though!

Also, as an Iowan, i recollect that the farm fields would have been harvested at the time he went missing. There would have been stubble, nothing tall or overgrown!
This has been discussed a number of times on this thread and on a number of other threads of missing person. There was no grid search, no shoulder to shoulder walking of the the fields. There are numerous pictures online and posted on this thread showing tall grasses and men riding ATV. Some of the fields were "mowed" and had short vegetation but that does not matter. It is simply not possible to thoroughly search outdoors without forming a line of people. A dog will not smell decomposition from afar unless conditions are perfect at that moment. That training is to alert to decomposition, to show a dead body had been in a car, room, etc. Walking along the ground, a buried dead body could be found if the dog was near it. They are most useful for finding evidence and remains if there is a good idea of a general area that needs searching. They don't simply put nose to the air and smell any dead humans within a mile or even a block. MOO, retired LE

Rest in peace, David. I'm so sad for his family, especially his young boys. At the same time, thankful they can now stop wondering where he is. I hope they can find the cause of his passing.
ETA-I'm not really surprised they didn't find him right away. A lady with dementia went missing in Iowa several years ago. They searched right where she was found and the also didn't find her until months later.

Authorities are responding to a scene in northwest Iowa where officials say a body has been found.

According to KCCI, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation says a body was found in Sac County, Iowa Wednesday afternoon. KTIV has also confirmed this with the United Cajun Navy.

This is the same county where David Schultz went missing in November 2023. As of right now, there has been no confirmation of the identity of the body.

I’m literally in shock.

I checked the area on google maps, and most everything in a 1.5 mile radius to the west of the trucks location looks like corn fields to me. (IMO,JMO,etc.) I’m no farmer, and have no clue about how and when crops are harvested… but I imagine if they were super tall/overgrown at the time of his disappearance, it would be pretty easy to miss a body out there.
At the time of his disappearance, almost all of the fields were harvested. Farmers have been working the land for the past few weeks and started planting. We live in Sac county and my husband just started planting corn today. IMO, if his body was found in a field, it was likely a farmer working the land for planting. If that is true, I pray for the poor farmer that made that discovery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back