Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

It was justed reported on the local news that the area where the body was found was not searched ny the Cajun Navy searches because they were told that area had already been searched. By who? It never said.
I remember that also, but I can't easily find one of the early articles - which showed LE out searching the area around the truck. I remember they used a helicopter, dogs and searched on foot, expanding outward from where the truck was parked.

If he was lying in a field, I have a hard time believing they missed him?

Thank you for posting.

With all respect to Jake Rowley, comments like this are why I don't really like "experts" such as him. It was the same with Peter Faulding in the Nicola Bulley case. Even if JR turns out to be correct, statements such as this aren't helpful at this stage. Let LE do their job. He should at least wait to see what the autopsy shows before second-guessing everything.

Agreed; JR's opinion is just that - an opinion.

Time will tell; hope we get answers soon.

JMVHO.

I remember that also, but I can't easily find one of the early articles - which showed LE out searching the area around the truck. I remember they used a helicopter, dogs and searched on foot, expanding outward from where the truck was parked.

I'd have a hard time believing it also, if bodies weren't missed all the time. However searchers manage to miss what is right in front of them, they regularly do.

1701908792089.png

From the article:
"Rowley also claimed that Schultz's body was in a state of decomposition inconsistent with having been out in the elements for more than five months; the body, he said, was not as decomposed as it should have been under the circumstances, implying that "it got dumped later," he said.
"The decomposition does not line up with 186 days, from what I understand," Rowley said. (Schultz was actually missing 155 days.) The place where Schultz's body was discovered, Rowley said, was not within the vast area searched by the United Cajun Navy. This, he said, was because it fell within an area that authorities said at the time had already been searched " end quote

Outrageous that someone that did not see the body and is not a forensic pathologist is making these statements to stir controversy and alarm the family. He didn't do a proper grid search either, the gold standard exists because it is the only way to actually see the ground in those fields.

Body of missing Wall Lake trucker David Schultz found in Sac County

The video said criminal investigators involved but now the video is gone, did anyone else see it???

ETA: Regardless,
Snipped...
...Matt Hoffmann that David was found in a farmer’s field and he was identified by the boots he was wearing.

David’s body was reportedly found 1.5 miles west of where his truck was located...

I hope they identified him by more than just boots.

I can't believe LE (DCI) let Jake Rowley stroll into their crime scene and view the body to determine the state of decomposition.

JMO
BBM: EXACTLY!!! I don't think Mr. Rowley should be implying that the body was dumped later. Bodies get missed during searches, that is just a sad fact, but to say the decomposition didn't match the number of days he was missing among other things is just wrong. He shouldn't be offering his opinion on anything at this point, in my opinion.

RIP David.

JMO.

Thank you for posting.

With all respect to Jake Rowley, comments like this are why I don't really like "experts" such as him. It was the same with Peter Faulding in the Nicola Bulley case. Even if JR turns out to be correct, statements such as this aren't helpful at this stage. Let LE do their job. He should at least wait to see what the autopsy shows before second-guessing everything.
I definitly agree. His statements here may seem true to him, but it stirs more up that most likely isn't necessary. The likelihood that he was dumped after the fact is slim.

BBM: EXACTLY!!! I don't think Mr. Rowley should be implying that the body was dumped later. Bodies get missed during searches, that is just a sad fact, but to say the decomposition didn't match the number of days he was missing among other things is just wrong. He shouldn't be offering his opinion on anything at this point, in my opinion.

RIP David.

JMO.
Agreed. Especially as a professional in that field.

I agree, hard to believe he could have been missed . I know all the statistics' etc. But this wasn’t a wooded area, with mountainous terrain, or a river or lake, or anything even close. Those wide open fields are almost bare . And wouldn’t they have been just about as bare in November?
Video at link.

I'm surprised LE couldn't locate David sooner. If LE did a thorough job of searching, then they should've been able to find him. That area around the time of David's disappearance was open, flat and crops had been harvested already. Also there had been no snow on the ground.

I agree, hard to believe he could have been missed . I know all the statistics' etc. But this wasn’t a wooded area, with mountainous terrain, or a river or lake, or anything even close. Those wide open fields are almost bare . And wouldn’t they have been just about as bare in November?
Video at link.

A harvested corn field is not bare ground. There can be enough remnants of the corn stalk to make it harder to see a body. It's also possible he may have used some of the remaining vegetation after harvest to cover himself.
As time goes on, the remaining portions of the corn stalk may begin to break down, but they could have been a foot or more tall at harvest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77
Back