Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

Thank you for posting.

With all respect to Jake Rowley, comments like this are why I don't really like "experts" such as him. It was the same with Peter Faulding in the Nicola Bulley case. Even if JR turns out to be correct, statements such as this aren't helpful at this stage. Let LE do their job. He should at least wait to see what the autopsy shows before second-guessing everything.
I agree 100% However, it doesn’t look like LE did a very good job. MOO

A harvested corn field is not bare ground. There can be enough remnants of the corn stalk to make it harder to see a body. It's also possible he may have used some of the remaining vegetation after harvest to cover himself.
As time goes on, the remaining portions of the corn stalk may begin to break down, but they could have been a foot or more tall at harvest.
^^^^EXACTLY....

This one was pretty obvious. Searches miss people all the time and he would be found when the farmers were back in the fields. RIP David.
I 100% agree. I have thought since day 1 that David took off on foot from the truck and ran until he couldn't run anymore and would be found in the vicinity of the truck. As another poster said, they almost always are. I'm all but certain no foul play was involved and the UCN spokesperson is just trying to get attention.

IMO, the foolish public comments and constant drama will render the various iterations of the Cajun Navy persona non grata to LE. It's already happening. In the future I expect them to be stonewalled by LE if not outright asked to leave.

Just seeing the news, so very sorry it's ended like this but for me it was expected he would be close by and just blended in with the terrain when it was (not grid) searched.

Even though it was a mild winter for the area, it was still cold and that would tend to slow the rate of decomp (sorry to say that, David!), so JR should hold his opinion until the ME has released results.

Mooooo

Well, they would have needed the people and resources to do a massive grid search. IMO that is easier said than done. ETA: That is why this happening isn't rare. But it's awful for the family. At least he was located.
True that the grid searches require a lot of resources. But instead, they used a lot of resources to cover miles and miles of terrain. The same amount of people could have begun with a grid search over several days. Six of one, half dozen of the other, really.

Exactly. Jake Rowley needs to zip it and let the medical examiner do their job. Since when is he an expert? I don't like how he is deflecting.

Reminds me of those Adventures with Purpose guys that fueled the conspiracy bonfires with their speculation in the Kiely Rodni case.

Also, do people really think about how difficult it is and what kind of person would find it easy to move a decomposing body? I don't want to get too graphic but there's a lot of body fluids, disarticulation, etc. And why exactly would anyone do that? You're just creating the possibility of more contamination and evidence tying the body to you, rather than in a field, where the elements have eroded a lot of evidence.

The only case where I know that actually happened is Gannon Stauch, and his poor little body was inside of a suitcase. And don't get me started on the crazy that is Leticia Stauch!

I am so shocked, because I can't imagine how they missed his body if they searched that area?
It’s very normal for bodies to be missed during searches. Think of the area they would have to cover to go over all the ground in a 1.5 mile circle from the truck. Plus a lot of it will be private property where permission may not be given.

I never consider an area “cleared” with no possibility of a body being there just because it’s searched, unless it is a very small area, yards maybe, but not miles.

Moo

Reminds me of those Adventures with Purpose guys that fueled the conspiracy bonfires with their speculation in the Kiely Rodni case.

Also, do people really think about how difficult it is and what kind of person would find it easy to move a decomposing body? I don't want to get too graphic but there's a lot of body fluids, disarticulation, etc. And why exactly would anyone do that? You're just creating the possibility of more contamination and evidence tying the body to you, rather than in a field, where the elements have eroded a lot of evidence.

The only case where I know that actually happened is Gannon Stauch, and his poor little body was inside of a suitcase. And don't get me started on the crazy that is Leticia Stauch!

I refer you to the Victoria Butler and Jillian Kelley thread in Kansas/Oklahoma on the handling of bodies by incited killers.

. I have thought since day 1 that David took off on foot from the truck and ran until he couldn't run anymore

And why did you think he would park there and take off running?

IMO it needs further investigating. It may have been a medical or psychological reason. But if it involved a reaction to an illegal substance, there may have been a crime committed (not by him. By the person who sold him something... ) JMO.

Then again, the likelihood that he’s been laying right there the whole time unnoticed is pretty slim too.
I disagree. I think it is very likely he was there, obscured by what was left from the corn stalks after harvest.
Once a corn filed is harvested, it would unusual for anyone to be in that area until time to prepare for spring planting. The exception might be if a hunter was in the area.

I have always felt that this was a medical episode. He may have had symptoms like stomach pain, a severe cramp, or pain in an arm, or even sudden blurred vision. He might have pulled over, and stepped out of the truck with the hope that a walk in the fresh air or a stretch would relieve the symptoms. Heart attack, a stroke or an aneurysm may be what happened here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back