IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandabanana

Reaction score
The Lake View Police Department requests the public’s help locating a missing Sac County man. According to law enforcement, family and friends report last hearing from 53-year-old David Schultz of Wall Lake during the early morning hours of Tuesday, Nov. 21. Schultz, who is a trucker, was en route from Eagle Grove to Sac City to deliver hogs, but did not complete the delivery or pick up his next load. The semi-tractor trailer he was driving was located yesterday (Tuesday) on U.S. Highway 71 near Sac City, but there was no sign of Schultz. Law enforcement asks anyone who has seen or heard from David Schultz to contact the Lake View Police Department by calling 712-657-2513.

David-Schultz-1024x576.png

Lake View Police are looking for David Schultz, 53, who was last heard from Tuesday.
Schultz was supposed to unload his truck in Sac City with hogs. He never made it to his destination to pick up the next load.
His semi-truck was found at 71 North of old 20, but he was not found with it.
Schultz may be in need of medical assistance.
Law enforcement used thermal planes as well as a K9 unit to search for Schultz throughout Tuesday night.

"Schultz, who is a trucker, was en route from Eagle Grove to Sac City to deliver hogs, but did not complete the delivery or pick up his next load. The semi-tractor trailer he was driving was located yesterday (Tuesday) on U.S. Highway 71 near Sac City, but there was no sign of Schultz."

What happened to the hogs?

"Schultz, who is a trucker, was en route from Eagle Grove to Sac City to deliver hogs, but did not complete the delivery or pick up his next load. The semi-tractor trailer he was driving was located yesterday (Tuesday) on U.S. Highway 71 near Sac City, but there was no sign of Schultz."

What happened to the hogs?
They must have been hanging out in the travel trailer by the side of the road.
I wonder for how long?

They must have been hanging out in the travel trailer by the side of the road.
I wonder for how long?
It seems he was last heard from in the early hours (whatever that means) of 11/21 and then the semi tractor trailer he was driving was also found on 11/21, but we don't know what time. The distance from his starting and ending point is a little over an hour's drive. It seems he was noticed as missing rather quickly - was that because his truck was found (full of hogs?) or because he didn't show up as expected?

It seems he was last heard from in the early hours (whatever that means) of 11/21 and then the semi tractor trailer he was driving was also found on 11/21, but we don't know what time. The distance from his starting and ending point is a little over an hour's drive. It seems he was noticed as missing rather quickly - was that because his truck was found (full of hogs?) or because he didn't show up as expected?
Maybe both.

Lake View Police are looking for David Schultz, 53, who was last heard from Tuesday.
Schultz was supposed to unload his truck in Sac City with hogs. He never made it to his destination to pick up the next load.
His semi-truck was found at 71 North of old 20, but he was not found with it.
Schultz may be in need of medical assistance.
Law enforcement used thermal planes as well as a K9 unit to search for Schultz throughout Tuesday night.

BBM
Old 20 is 255th St./Main St., so assuming he took US 20 from IA 17 south of Eagle Grove, his truck was found along this stretch of 71:

Mod Reminder:

To ensure that factual information is discussed on Websleuths, approved links to MSM reports or LE statements are required when posting information as fact. The exception to this rule is when we have a Verified Insider that is a family member or friend of the missing person.

The Verified Insider process is completely confidential and details can be found here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Several posts have been removed from the thread, but may be reinstated upon completion of the verification process.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to use the report feature on this, or any post, if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mad

This article alludes to it possibly being a medical issue.

He may well be found in the bushes near where he left the truck.

Hope he is located quickly.

They have used scent dogs and airplanes with thermal imaging. I don’t think it’s possible for him to be in the area.

LAKE VIEW, Iowa (KCAU) — The wife of a missing Wall Lake man is asking for her husband to be found.

David Schultz’s wife, Sarah Schultz, told KCAU 9 that she last saw her husband Monday around 7:30 p.m. before he left their Wall Lake home to go to work. David works as a truck driver, a husband and a father. Sarah said she last saw David wearing Wrangler jeans and cowboy boots. She couldn’t remember what shirt he was wearing. She also added that she believes he was wearing a Peterbilt hat.

“The next day I hadn’t heard from him, which is not unusual, you know I don’t know when he’s loading and unloading. The guy he hauls for knocked at my door saying hey we can’t find david have you heard from him. He said he didn’t unload the hogs I said so he’s loaded? And that alerts me right there cause he would never pull over to sleep load, he just wouldn’t,” said Sarah.

Sarah said that David’s boss arrived at her house Tuesday morning saying that they couldn’t find David. David was supposed to deliver a load of hogs from Eagle Grove to Sac City. After a search between the two cities, his truck was found Tuesday morning on the road, not pulled over, on northbound Highway 71 about five miles north of the Old Highway 20 intersection.

Sarah said the police called her from his phone Tuesday afternoon. She added that a friend of hers had nearly hit the truck earlier around 5:30 a.m. His wallet and phone were in the truck as well.

Wife pleads to help find husband who went missing in Sac County

So this header says the CAB is found which technically is just the tractor/truck, not the trailer, tho they just might mean the entire thing, truck and trailer.

The story says semi-truck was found...

(I'm sure journalist are also not up on hog hauler lingo or even hauler lingo) just saying.

Wow, so David didn't even pull his truck off the road? What could have happened that he would do that? If it was a medical emergency, he would have been found. Did he stop because he saw something, then exited his truck? Maybe he wasn't even driving to begin with, as in - he was intercepted at the location he loaded the hogs?

Here's his Facebook page - David Schultz
His wife is posting on her own page about him, easy to find. Interesting comments on her posts :oops:

Last edited:
Last edited:
LAKE VIEW, Iowa (KCAU) — The wife of a missing Wall Lake man is asking for her husband to be found.

David Schultz’s wife, Sarah Schultz, told KCAU 9 that she last saw her husband Monday around 7:30 p.m. before he left their Wall Lake home to go to work. David works as a truck driver, a husband and a father. Sarah said she last saw David wearing Wrangler jeans and cowboy boots. She couldn’t remember what shirt he was wearing. She also added that she believes he was wearing a Peterbilt hat.

“The next day I hadn’t heard from him, which is not unusual, you know I don’t know when he’s loading and unloading. The guy he hauls for knocked at my door saying hey we can’t find david have you heard from him. He said he didn’t unload the hogs I said so he’s loaded? And that alerts me right there cause he would never pull over to sleep load, he just wouldn’t,” said Sarah.

Sarah said that David’s boss arrived at her house Tuesday morning saying that they couldn’t find David. David was supposed to deliver a load of hogs from Eagle Grove to Sac City. After a search between the two cities, his truck was found Tuesday morning on the road, not pulled over, on northbound Highway 71 about five miles north of the Old Highway 20 intersection.

Sarah said the police called her from his phone Tuesday afternoon. She added that a friend of hers had nearly hit the truck earlier around 5:30 a.m. His wallet and phone were in the truck as well.

Wife pleads to help find husband who went missing in Sac County
This same article says his jacket was found in a ditch near the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann