IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a local to this case. I have been on this website and others for years. Just never registered.

I was confused on the fence thing so I walked the trail yesterday. There is a fence that separates the highway and the trail. There is tall grass between the fence and highway.

At one point (still around the lake), there becomes 2 fences. The second one separates the lake and trail. That is where the purse was thrown. It was not thrown over the highway fence.

Any questions, just let me know.

does the fence end, like you can walk around it eventually and get to the road or vice versa?!

I am a local to this case. I have been on this website and others for years. Just never registered.

I was confused on the fence thing so I walked the trail yesterday. There is a fence that separates the highway and the trail. There is tall grass between the fence and highway.

At one point (still around the lake), there becomes 2 fences. The second one separates the lake and trail. That is where the purse was thrown. It was not thrown over the highway fence.

Any questions, just let me know.

Another local who was out searching said that it WAS thrown over the fence leading to the highway. How am I supposed to know which is correct?

It has been reported that the fence leading to the highway was damaged. Did you see this?

Didn't someone say that the girls were last seen in town riding their bikes behind a ' Big n Tall' mens shop? That sounds a bit ominous, imo. Could they have been taken from the parking lot?

Thats true. I wish LE would put out a picture of the girls flipflops because if she was abducted her flipflops would have fallen off. IMO

Praying for the family of these two young ladies and the community as a whole.

I also expected them to be found by now. I thought maybe they got lost while riding their bikes. Evansdale is close here too. About an hour maybe hour and half. My sister and I are planning to help search tomorrow.

What part of Iowa are you from???

Didn't someone say that the girls were last seen in town riding their bikes behind a ' Big n Tall' mens shop? That sounds a bit ominous, imo. Could they have been taken from the parking lot?

The fact that nobody saw them riding to the lake has bothered me. I know school is out and seeing children riding bikes is common, but still they were not seen riding through town, or, as I understand it, at the lake. The bikes were seen at the lake but as far as we know the girls were not. On the other hand, it does look like someone dumping bikes at the lake would have been seen. But if they were BEHIND the store that worries me.

The fact that nobody saw them riding to the lake has bothered me. I know school is out and seeing children riding bikes is common, but still they were not seen riding through town, or, as I understand it, at the lake. The bikes were seen at the lake but as far as we know the girls were not. On the other hand, it does look like someone dumping bikes at the lake would have been seen. But if they were BEHIND the store that worries me.

There is a road right behind the store and one girls house is behind the store on that road

does the fence end, like you can walk around it eventually and get to the road or vice versa?!

Yes the 2nd fence ends and it is not a very long fence. Shortly after that fence ends, you can get off and go on the street in town. I don't believe they were on the part of the trail that kept going to the next town.

But if you put a knife to the 8 yr olds throat, you can probably control the 10 yr old long enough to get her in the car. Then you are home free if you zip tie them and put them in the trunk.
This has been done numerous times. The pervert can say just about anything especially about hurting the families, or threatening to. Wasn't Shawn Hornbeck taken along with his friend? BOTH OUT RIDING BIKES. Link, www.shawnhornbeck.com

does anyone know if Grandma was also watching the other siblings, of the girls, that day too?

Is there a list of verified locals yet?

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just to clarify, is there a way to tell where it was thrown from? Like was it thrown from the trail and not the highway?

It was not thrown from the highway. The purse was found over the 2nd fence. The 2nd fence separates the trail from the river.

The 2nd fence is put there for drainage or something? It is not very long. I think the bikes were found on the trail in between the 2 fences. The person riding his bike on the trail around 12:20ish had to swerve to not hit the bikes.

KD, AFAIK, no one but their GM says they even saw them in the area behind the men's clothing store.. As another poster has written, no one saw them biking through the town. AFAIK, none of the guys working on the highway ever saw them ?

Sounds very plausible that they could have been abducted from behind the store. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee