IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
:what: Omg that gives me the heebie jeebies! That means he has likely been reading here!

Hi to my #1 suspect! :seeya:

No, I think it's because so many strangers have been asking him questions. JMO

I always have a lot of faith in LE but questions are starting to be raised about the capabilities of the FBI.

There are so many missing kids in the last couple of years who have just disappeared, the FBI moves in, and that's the last you hear of it.

I really don't think its good enough. Your taxes are paying these people, in most cases there are very strong suspects but they are never so much as named as POI.

The suspects involved are not exactly rocket scientists either...surely nowhere near capable of pulling off a "perfect crime" and flummoxing the (arguably) worlds best investigation organisation, with all their technology and knowledge? Is it simply a matter of funding? What?

:banghead:

Not funding. . .attorneys!. . .defense attorneys, prosecuting attorneys and civil litigation attorneys.

I always have a lot of faith in LE but questions are starting to be raised about the capabilities of the FBI.

There are so many missing kids in the last couple of years who have just disappeared, the FBI moves in, and that's the last you hear of it.

I really don't think its good enough. Your taxes are paying these people, in most cases there are very strong suspects but they are never so much as named as POI.

The suspects involved are not exactly rocket scientists either...surely nowhere near capable of pulling off a "perfect crime" and flummoxing the (arguably) worlds best investigation organisation, with all their technology and knowledge? Is it simply a matter of funding? What?

:banghead:

It's really more a matter of life and death, if you consider that they must assume one or both girls could still be alive. With that in mind, and other factors that seem to glare in this case, publicly stating a POI could jeopardize the safety of those girls. Also, there is the collection of enough to convict in the end. We pay taxes, we don't do the investigation. Walking on egg shells here, I'm sure. Agents of the FBI, and other LE, are professionals, but people too. I still have faith in expertise.

That would actually make him a half brother rather than a step, but are you sure about that? I thought Misty was mother to both?

Nope, not sure about it at all, obviously I was wrong.:blushing:

Tell me about it! I just got a $826 electric bill!

OMG!!!

I know it's off topic but I cannot stop myself.

Please ignore if you don't feel comfortable answering... how large is your house?

I think my largest electric bill ever was $220 and I was so embarrassed. It's one of the lovely side effects of having scar tissue that is most easily measured in units of square footage, I'm no longer able to effectively regulate my body temperature. But I can't explain that to all the nice people at the electric company, who I imagined were tut-tutting over this profligate electric user.

I just hoped that they thought from my address that I was using a grain bin dryer that month.

It's really more a matter of life and death, if you consider that they must assume one or both girls could still be alive. With that in mind, and other factors that seem to glare in this case, publicly stating a POI could jeopardize the safety of those girls. Also, there is the collection of enough to convict in the end. We pay taxes, we don't do the investigation. Walking on egg shells here, I'm sure. Agents of the FBI, and other LE, are professionals, but people too. I still have faith in expertise.

I sincerely hope you're right.

Personally I have the terrible feeling the girls are no longer alive.

If it were a suicide attempt, they would admit here for sure and not let her go home. Insurance or not.

Not necessarily.

I used to work for a social services type agency and on occasion had contact with clients who voiced suicidal ideation or had actually attempted suicide right before they called me. I drove many of them to the ER and, at least in the 1980s, it wasn't that easy to get admitted to a psych unit. Even for people who had actually attempted suicide before showing up at the ER.

There was and still is a huge shortage of psych unit beds. Even in Iowa City which has three different psychiatric units. If the suicidal person tells the doctor that they were suicidal but had re-considered, they were most often released with a referral to get an appointment with a psychiatrist.

An attempt serious enough to be admitted to ICU would, I hope, be taken much more seriously. But it's not a sure thing by any means.

Did they send her home? Or is she just no longer at that facility?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

She could be there, using a different name. I would, under her circumstances.

I know from personal experience that at Mercy Hospital in Iowa City, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Grinnell Regional in Grinnell, Skiff Hospital in Newton and Marshalltown Hospital in Marshalltown don't give out patient names or room numbers over the phone. If you call and want to speak to a patient, you have to give your own name and relationship to the patient to the switchboard operator, then the operator rings the patient's room and asks the patient if they want that phone call.

If the patient says no or if there is no such person in the hospital, all the switchboard operator will tell you is "you cannot reach that person at this time." They won't tell you if the patient was released or transferred to a different facility or if the patient decided not to accept your call.

Perhaps they do things differently in Waterloo.

OMG!!!

I know it's off topic but I cannot stop myself.

Please ignore if you don't feel comfortable answering... how large is your house?

I think my largest electric bill ever was $220 and I was so embarrassed. It's one of the lovely side effects of having scar tissue that is most easily measured in units of square footage, I'm no longer able to effectively regulate my body temperature. But I can't explain that to all the nice people at the electric company, who I imagined were tut-tutting over this profligate electric user.

I just hoped that they thought from my address that I was using a grain bin dryer that month.

Not big! Lol! It's a typical CA ranch house with high ceilings and exposed beams (no insulation!) and walls of glass. I think it's 1800 sq. ft. It's been over 100 degrees here every day for a month. And in LA we get our bill 6 times a year, so that's for 2 months, not 1. But still, I was shocked!

They won't give you a disability discount? I think they do that here.

Such a racket!

I have not been able to check in here for about two weeks, are there any new developments?

Maybe they are attempting to gather more evidence on a POI and don't want to alert the POI that he or she is a POI.

Again....
LE has had over 5 (FIVE ) weeks to
gather information, to gather evidence, to test
evidence, to search for the little girls and to
find a POI and even make an arrest.

IF LE had a clue where the girls were ---LE would have rescued them.
You can bet on that.

If LE had a poi in mind he'd either be watched like a hawk or arrested.
LE would not take a chance of the creep running free and abducting AGAIN.

I'm beginning to think LE has nada.
Time will tell.
IMO

Not big! Lol! It's a typical CA ranch house with high ceilings and exposed beams (no insulation!) and walls of glass. I think it's 1800 sq. ft. It's been over 100 degrees here every day for a month. And in LA we get our bill 6 times a year, so that's for 2 months, not 1. But still, I was shocked!

They won't give you a disability discount? I think they do that here.

Such a racket!

Aha! My house is about the same size but we probably only had 3 days of 100 F or over in the past two months. It's the humidity that makes the heat here so unbearable (according to my beloved the California Boy).

You did me a favour today. It never occurred to me that there might be a disability discount and I will look into that tomorrow. Thanks!

In other cases the media was able to get a doc dump of all kinds of things like search warrants, subpoenas, tips, witness statements etc. Why haven't we seen anything like that?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I am not a lawyer nor do I aspire to be one.

All I know is that if I were TG, I'd be consulting a lawyer right now to find out how expensive it would be to serve a subpoena on the owner of WS to discover the IP addresses of some posters.

My next step would be to have my lawyer send those people "cease and desist or else" letters.

I agree here. All TG is, is a potential witness to something, which I personally have only questioned just as I have Mr. C's, and in relation to overall accuracy. The timeframe in question, however, does seem to narrow down to OTHER scenarios than an abduction just at that lake, if witness reports are to be considered.
LE has no official POI, nor do I have one, I simply have an opinion as to a potential timeline. I still tend to think that is very important from the vantage point of whoever did abduct those girls. For all we know, TG may very well be more instrumental in solving this case than he realized when he stepped forward. THAT makes me look at his statements more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member