IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fyi, I see that the house on the corner of Elmer and Gilbert is for sale. I think this is the day care house, although I could be wrong. It has a fenced in back yard, so I am assuming it is. Just makes me think that they would prefer to move from that particular spot. Also, I drove down Arbutus, and there are several houses for sale in one block. Drove on Brogan to look for surveillance cameras, and i didn't see any on the trucking business' building, which quite honestly surprises me.

I wonder how many times we have crossed paths driving around Evansdale looking for clues? :floorlaugh:

Could you please provide a link stating that the children were found on private land rather than at Seven Bridges Country Park.

Here is a map of the park and surrounding private properties. Could you please identify which private land you are referring to.

7bridgesprivateland.jpg

I can provide a link to a video of a reporter who interviewed locals who then took a trip out there. You can decide for yourself whether or not the old guy has the right spot but I have seen the maps and it looks right to me, and it is my opinion that he, like Mr G and Mr C before him, has exactly zero ulterior motive to make up a bunch of inaccuracies or pretend knowledge.

If I could edit your map I would be able to point out exactly where the girls were allegedly located, in the bend of the river. The title number is obscured but it would be map reference I4 assuming your map is on a A-Z 1-10 grid. Right under the little pink dashes (bridge?) , on the 25 acreage where it abuts public land.

MISSING NO MORE: Readlyn man hunted near site where Evansdale cousins were found - YouTube

This video is long and somewhat tedious but it is worth watching IMO. It gives a great insight to the spot they were found therefore the mind of the person who chose such an unlikely type of place to attempt to -what - hide his crime? He could've buried them and they never would've been found, but he just dumped them out there like he didn't care if they were found or not.

The area also seems far more maintained than I expected, and with more traffic too (or maybe I'm just used to Aussie Outback roads :D). It's not what it used to be but it's still fairly regularly used, the tracks are well worn and there are many cleared areas where picnic tables used to be.

Wierd. They were far more likely to be stumbled across than I had believed.

The facebook for the girl's has an interesting post. Some guy who knows both Dan and Misty it appears has a warrant for violating his parole or something. Mittimus, he's wanted by authorities.

This guy posts TM the person reporting on this man wanted, he seems to know D & M but doesn't quite follow up with answers to questions asked so don't know. Curious as to what it's all about though.

BD's fb link, post by TM, Saturday. (you guys probably already know this)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272135809553049/

CVM for comments too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2183184.-2207520000.1362287391&type=3&theater

Oh and there's a woman who was in CFCourier's news for leaving her baby in a vehicle in hot weather in I think 2011 who has been arrested. She has the star tattoo on her thumb. It was talked about here after the young boy who's father rescued him from a male & female in a white van tried to abduct him. The white van and a woman with a tattoo of a star on her hand. I forget the man's description. I'll have to look for that tomorrow. Use the same fb link to BD fb.

I can provide a link to a video of a reporter who interviewed locals who then took a trip out there. You can decide for yourself whether or not the old guy has the right spot but I have seen the maps and it looks right to me, and it is my opinion that he, like Mr G and Mr C before him, has exactly zero ulterior motive to make up a bunch of inaccuracies or pretend knowledge.

If I could edit your map I would be able to point out exactly where the girls were allegedly located, in the bend of the river. The title number is obscured but it would be map reference I4 assuming your map is on a A-Z 1-10 grid. Right under the little pink dashes (bridge?) , on the 25 acreage where it abuts public land.

MISSING NO MORE: Readlyn man hunted near site where Evansdale cousins were found - YouTube

This video is long and somewhat tedious but it is worth watching IMO. It gives a great insight to the spot they were found therefore the mind of the person who chose such an unlikely type of place to attempt to -what - hide his crime? He could've buried them and they never would've been found, but he just dumped them out there like he didn't care if they were found or not.

The area also seems far more maintained than I expected, and with more traffic too (or maybe I'm just used to Aussie Outback roads :D). It's not what it used to be but it's still fairly regularly used, the tracks are well worn and there are many cleared areas where picnic tables used to be.

I have watched that video numerous times and the man in the video is not real sure where the girls bodies were found. The reporter irks me because she focuses the camera mostly on the man instead of the area in front and around her. The video is great for giving us an idea what the areas terrain is like but poor for the exact location of the bodies.

BBM
Could you please link the maps that you reference.

It sounds like you're thinking that the children were found on private land North of Seven Bridges County Park.

Do you have a link stating that the children were found on private property, or are you assuming that someone with a video camera has better information than investigators?

According to MSM, the girls were found in the wildlife area, not adjacent to it on private land:

An autopsy confirmed Monday that two bodies found last week in a wildlife area are those of missing Iowa cousins Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, police say.

snip

Hunters found their bodies last week in the Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County, about 25 miles from where they were last seen. Authorities closed the park while they searched for evidence connected to the case but now have reopened the area.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...nfirms-bodies-found-are-missing-iowa-cousins/

BBM

Nothing is said about them being found on private land near/abutting the wildlife area.

me too! I like the biographies too which is on same channel as Snapped. Local poster had commented about going to eat at Waterloo the same day the girls disappeared. I guess with Waterloo being the larger city in the area, you have a bigger and better selection of restaurants. I was startled to learn that John Wayne Gacy had managed a restaurant in Waterloo, Iowa. Learn something every day.

My apologies! I realize this is off topic.

I lived next door to the ex Mrs. Gacy....I did not know it at the time. Gacy's daughter lives in that house now.

I lived next door to the ex Mrs. Gacy....I did not know it at the time. Gacy's daughter lives in that house now.

I was under the impression that they tore that house down. You mean it is still there? Someone lives in it? :what:

I was under the impression that they tore that house down. You mean it is still there? Someone lives in it? :what:

Gacy never lived in the house that I lived next to. I just recently found out that his wife lived there when I was living next door, and now his daughter lives there. I know somebody that is friends with the daughter.

Well apparently they started the construction of the park (clearing the island) last week, assuming before we got a foot of snow! Sounds like progress is being made, and the family is very pleased. Ill drive by today and take some pictures.

I certainly hope and pray that LE has scoured that island and park thoroughly for evidence. For the girls' sake I sincerely hope that key evidence has not been lost. :please:

According to MSM, the girls were found in the wildlife area, not adjacent to it on private land:

An autopsy confirmed Monday that two bodies found last week in a wildlife area are those of missing Iowa cousins Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, police say.

snip

Hunters found their bodies last week in the Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County, about 25 miles from where they were last seen. Authorities closed the park while they searched for evidence connected to the case but now have reopened the area.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...nfirms-bodies-found-are-missing-iowa-cousins/

BBM

Nothing is said about them being found on private land near/abutting the wildlife area.

Have you watched the video I linked? :dunno:

Either way, it's a fairly unimportant detail and as there have been complaints about "nit picking" I'm not going to get into another bunch of right fighting about it.

I came across it and thought I'd share.

The difference is a matter of feet between public and private land and my point really was that the area is completely accessible by ordinary car and far, far more well used than I had originally thought.

ETA: Here's what I originally said -

By the way I found a youtube clip of the area they were found, it is very gloomy and out of the way. It is also on private land, has a house within easy walking distance, and is completely accessible by ordinary car because it is kept mowed right up to where the woods begin so someone could easily have driven right up then walked the girls in or possibly even carried them although this seems unlikely as the undergrowth in the wooded area was very high at the time.

I find it quite disappointing that only one irrelevant detail is being ripped apart (even though we have no way of knowing for sure if it's actually wrong!) yet the rest of what I said has been overlooked.

Either way, it's a fairly unimportant detail and as there have been complaints about "nit picking" I'm not going to get into another bunch of right fighting about it.

The difference is a matter of feet between public and private land and my point really was that the area is completely accessible by ordinary car and far, far more well used than I had originally thought.

By the way I found a youtube clip of the area they were found, it is very gloomy and out of the way. It is also on private land, has a house within easy walking distance, and is completely accessible by ordinary car because it is kept mowed right up to where the woods begin so someone could easily have driven right up then walked the girls in or possibly even carried them although this seems unlikely as the undergrowth in the wooded area was very high at the time.

I find it quite disappointing that only one irrelevant detail is being ripped apart (even though we have no way of knowing if I'm actually wrong!) yet the rest of what I said, far more relevant imo, has been completely overlooked.

This video was discussed quite a bit back in December. Attached is a post that includes a map showing the discrepancy between where the video focuses and the actual location of the remains based on MSM pictures of the recovery. :moo:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #24

:
Gacy never lived in the house that I lived next to. I just recently found out that his wife lived there when I was living next door, and now his daughter lives there. I know somebody that is friends with the daughter.

Oops, I thought you meant Gacy's murder house. Sorry,.:blushing:

Are you referring to the house on Fairlane??

I find it quite disappointing that only one irrelevant detail is being ripped apart (even though we have no way of knowing if I'm actually wrong!) yet the rest of what I said, far more relevant imo, has been completely overlooked.

But the "irrelevant detail" actually isn't, IMO. If the girls' bodies were found on private land, it could indicate a little more about who put them there. Did they deliberately choose private property over the adjacent public land and if so, why? Some past association with the landowner? Did the perp know it was private property and assume the bodies wouldn't be found by hunters on the adjacent public land?

So your statement that the bodies were found on private property raises a few different issues than if the bodies were found on public land. JMO, and not intending to be nit-picky, just fact finding.

But the "irrelevant detail" actually isn't, IMO. If the girls' bodies were found on private land, it could indicate a little more about who put them there. Did they deliberately choose private property over the adjacent public land and if so, why? Some past association with the landowner? Did the perp know it was private property and assume the bodies wouldn't be found by hunters on the adjacent public land?

So your statement that the bodies were found on private property raises a few different issues than if the bodies were found on public land. JMO, and not intending to be nit-picky, just fact finding.

So "nitpicking" is actually "fact finding" depending on perspective. :floorlaugh:

Fact finding would include some facts, so if anyone has something regarding the exact placement of the bodies other than something a journo said, please share!

As far as I know LE have never publicly confirmed the exact spot the girls were found, it has all been "sources say". Obviously I've missed something again! :seeya:

But the "irrelevant detail" actually isn't, IMO. If the girls' bodies were found on private land, it could indicate a little more about who put them there. Did they deliberately choose private property over the adjacent public land and if so, why? Some past association with the landowner? Did the perp know it was private property and assume the bodies wouldn't be found by hunters on the adjacent public land?So your statement that the bodies were found on private property raises a few different issues than if the bodies were found on public land. JMO, and not intending to be nit-picky, just fact finding.

This is what I had hoped to discuss.

I had hoped a local would jump in with an actual "fact" re the exact dump spot.

What I was trying to convey in my clumsy way is that after watching the video, I was immediately trying to figure out what was going through the mind of a person to choose that particular spot.

The fact that they were just discarded, like so much litter, and in such a lonely place (regardless of who actually is on the land title) really struck me as being important.

Another indicator the perp is a local :cow:

Unless police release a detailed map and photographs of where the girls were found I guess we will all just have to make our own assumptions. Either they were found in Seven Bridges park as the media released or they were found on private ground as a youtuber suggests.

Based on the photographs in the media from when the girls were found, it looks to me like they were in Seven Bridges, as has been released in the media. JMO

Unless police release a detailed map and photographs of where the girls were found I guess we will all just have to make our own assumptions. Either they were found in Seven Bridges park as the media released or they were found on private ground as a youtuber suggests.

Based on the photographs in the media from when the girls were found, it looks to me like they were in Seven Bridges, as has been released in the media. JMO

They were definitely in 7 bridges, and that is where the local took the journalist.

The spot was (he said) on private ground but as we know from Otto's maps, the bodies could literally have lain across both public and private land as they share a common border and there is no fencing or signs to indicate exactly where one ends and the other begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TammySue