IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, it looks like I've taken over this thread - look at all my posts. That's a little embarrassing.:blushing:

I hope you guys come back soon - it's lonely here without you.

Yikes, it looks like I've taken over this thread - look at all my posts. That's a little embarrassing.:blushing:

I hope you guys come back soon - it's lonely here without you.

Don't be embarrassed I do it all the time, lol. Besides your doing a good thing by keeping our forum going strong.:rocker:

By my response? I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything bad by it. Why are you taken aback?

Oh no! I meant i was taken aback by Tony Thompson's response to my question. I thought of anyone, he would answer the question. He hasn't been shy about talking about the case.

I think a lot of people wonder how they would handle things given the same situation. Thankfully I don't have to put myself in her shoes. I only know how I have dealt with the things in my own life.

As far as Heather not screaming justice at the top of the roof one can only wonder why?
Many years ago I was put in a situation where all eyes were on me. My first husband had a very bad accident, I had three children. This in no way even comes close to what Heather is going through, but I remember holding my head up and not wearing my heart on my sleeve because the whole family was waiting for me to have a break down. I had three small children under five, I could not afford to have a break down, they needed me to be strong. Heather has more children and she has to find some sense of balance for the sake of their well being. I think if it were me I'd want to be put in a straight jacket. I'd want to go after everyone that looked suspicious. But then how constructive or helpful would that be to the remaining children.

I also understand some not all of the religious aspect, (Grandpa and Dad ministers), when she puts in in God's hands I can sort of understand, it's a burden that is way to much to bear so it's easier to take some of the load off by doing this. I have used this theory but along with it have also used the "god helps those who help themselves", meaning yes put it in God's hands but find a way to help yourself get the answers you need. Don't know if what I am saying is making sense, just some random thoughts.

I believe there was an interview where heather said that she needs to hold it together for her other children. I'm sure at times, her kids feel overwhelmed by heir mothers focus on Elizabeth. But she does share pictures on facebook of the other kids, so that's good. One recently celebrated her 5th birthday.

Your situation sounds like something very hard to bear. Im glad you found your way through it. My dad died of cancer when I was 3. Five kids, 3 to 18, and I can remember her being strong, even at 3. I saw her cry once. She had to figure out how to take care of her family. Somehow, she did. And she was not a religious person, so I'm not sure how she got through it.

Thanks for sharing!

I believe there was an interview where heather said that she needs to hold it together for her other children. I'm sure at times, her kids feel overwhelmed by heir mothers focus on Elizabeth. But she does share pictures on facebook of the other kids, so that's good. One recently celebrated her 5th birthday.

Your situation sounds like something very hard to bear. Im glad you found your way through it. My dad died of cancer when I was 3. Five kids, 3 to 18, and I can remember her being strong, even at 3. I saw her cry once. She had to figure out how to take care of her family. Somehow, she did. And she was not a religious person, so I'm not sure how she got through it.

Thanks for sharing!

I will take a guess and say that because you saw that strength in your mom, that you are also a strong person. I am glad that she is posting pictures of the other children and trying to show some sense of normalcy.

I will take a guess and say that because you saw that strength in your mom, that you are also a strong person. I am glad that she is posting pictures of the other children and trying to show some sense of normalcy.

Thank you. Three years ago, before she died, I probably would have disagreed. But you know, she helped me through her own death, I'm sure of it. She helped us all.

Maybe Elizabeth is doing the same.

Thank you. Three years ago, before she died, I probably would have disagreed. But you know, she helped me through her own death, I'm sure of it. She helped us all.

Maybe Elizabeth is doing the same.

And I hope Lyric is helping her family too.

I know what you mean about your mom helping you through her own death. My husband did the same thing for me.

How long do our threads get before starting a new one? Just curious as this one is getting rather long and I don't know who we let know that we need a new one started?

How long do our threads get before starting a new one? Just curious as this one is getting rather long and I don't know who we let know that we need a new one started?

It is getting pretty long. You can PM a mod - I think they are listed at the bottom of the page under forum leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseTM