IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lyric-c...ns-death-details-kept-confidential-by-police/

LE originally said they would be tight-lipped and they have stuck to that promise:

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock told The Des Moines Register on Wednesday that the causes and other details about the deaths of 8-year-old Elizabeth and 10-year-old Lyric will be kept confidential in order to protect the investigation.

Smock says "the only people that are going to know this information are the people who are responsible."

Just hope that LE is close to solving this one.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=42.470894,-92.290993&spn=0.033301,0.084543

This map shows that shoes were found, it does not say whose shoes they found and I can not find any articles connected to these addresses that talk about the shoes being found. None of these locations are near seven bridges though, but it's still strange that I can't find any articles on the shoes.

If you'll look at the posts from 12/5 or shortly thereafter, you'll see posts by ollipop, who lives near the lake and is related to the Collins family through marriage (I think). IIRC, he confirmed that shoes were found.

I believe there was something in MSM also, but I don't have time to search right now. If I run across it later, I'll post it for you.

If you'll look at the posts from 12/5 or shortly thereafter, you'll see posts by ollipop, who lives near the lake and is related to the Collins family through marriage (I think). IIRC, he confirmed that shoes were found.

I believe there was something in MSM also, but I don't have time to search right now. If I run across it later, I'll post it for you.

Didnt that poster vanish?

Sad he.she claimed to know a fair bit.

Yes Marilyn thank you....i said I was going to assume no bindings were found.

If anyone knows differently pls share!

I remember Heather confirming it in an interview. I can't remember which one right now, but if I find it I'll post it. I think it was in one of her first interviews after the girls were found.

'Don't remember reading that investigators expanded their search for EC & LC beyond Iowa, July 22, 2012.

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said Saturday that authorities strongly believe 10-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins have not been killed.

"We believe," Breault said, "these girls are alive and we are not discouraged by the passage of time since their disappearance."

She refused to say what led authorities to that conclusion, but told reporters that investigators are expanding their search beyond Iowa.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabe...orities-believe-missing-iowa-girls-are-alive/

Imo, 'this BBM is a very ridiculous statement by chief deputy Abben on December 18, 2012 , if true'..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabe...irl-8-says-police-are-eyeing-specific-people/

ELIZABETH COLLINS, LYRIC COOK-MORRISSEY UPDATE: MOTHER OF DEAD GIRL, 8, SAYS POLICE ARE EYEING SPECIFIC PEOPLE

"...They (police) are looking for some people, but they can't give us the exact, because they don't want to leak anything out. But there are people they are looking at," Collins told KCCI.
Due to a lack of evidence, ELIZABETH COLLINS, LYRIC COOK-MORRISSEY UPDATE: MOTHER OF DEAD GIRL, 8, SAYS POLICE ARE EYEING SPECIFIC PEOPLE reportedly said they can't even come up with a profile of the killer.

Imo, 'this BBM is a very ridiculous statement by chief deputy Abben on December 18, 2012 , if true'..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabe...irl-8-says-police-are-eyeing-specific-people/

ELIZABETH COLLINS, LYRIC COOK-MORRISSEY UPDATE: MOTHER OF DEAD GIRL, 8, SAYS POLICE ARE EYEING SPECIFIC PEOPLE

"...They (police) are looking for some people, but they can't give us the exact, because they don't want to leak anything out. But there are people they are looking at," Collins told KCCI.
Due to a lack of evidence, ELIZABETH COLLINS, LYRIC COOK-MORRISSEY UPDATE: MOTHER OF DEAD GIRL, 8, SAYS POLICE ARE EYEING SPECIFIC PEOPLE reportedly said they can't even come up with a profile of the killer.

All I can hope (at this point) is that that statement doesn't ring true today -almost 1 year to the day later.

All we can do is hope...:please:

I have completely lost faith in this investigation. They need to go back to the stores where they were first SEEN.

I have completely lost faith in this investigation. They need to go back to the stores where they were first SEEN.

Cherry, imo, if investigators have hit a wall. They should release more information to the public. The public is a very valuable resource that has been squandered throughout this investigation, imo.

Releasing additional information would not only provide awareness and possible tips for this investigation, but would be a reminder to others that abductions can happen to anyone, anywhere, and at anytime.

The silence is due to the ongoing investigation.

LE simply do not need more public input.

For those who think this is going FAR TOO SLOW Id just like to point out it took prosecutors 14 months to charge Melanie Maguire for the murder of her husband Bill despite a mountain of evidence, motive and opportunity.

The reason is it takes time luck and a lot of hard work to build a solid case for trial even when it seems a slam dunk.

The silence is due to the ongoing investigation.

LE simply do not need more public input.

For those who think this is going FAR TOO SLOW Id just like to point out it took prosecutors 14 months to charge Melanie Maguire for the murder of her husband Bill despite a mountain of evidence, motive and opportunity.

The reason is it takes time luck and a lot of hard work to build a solid case for trial even when it seems a slam dunk.

SS, it has been my experience that abduction investigations, where there is silence by investigators frequently go unsolved, imo.

Unless I can find something to prove the two sets of shoes that were found, and the sandal that was found belonged to the girls, I'm going to assume the shoes they did find have nothing to do with Lyric and Elizabeth. I've been looking for two days to find an actual article that references this information with no luck.

Watching my grandson decorate the tree I couldn't help but think of the girls and feel for the families. Wish we knew who did this, wonder if this person has family that they will be enjoying their Christmas with or if this person will be alone.

Unless I can find something to prove the two sets of shoes that were found, and the sandal that was found belonged to the girls, I'm going to assume they did find have nothing to do with Lyric and Elizabeth. I've been looking for two days to find an actual article that references this information with no luck.

Watching my grandson decorate the tree I couldn't help but think of the girls and feel for the families. Wish we knew who did this, wonder if this person has family that they will be enjoying their Christmas with or if this person will be alone.

I wish I could provide you with an MSM link regarding the shoes, but I don't think there is anything out there. My knowledge of the shoes stems from the posts by Ollipop, who is related by marriage to the Collins family. I've also read FB posts by family members re: the girls' shoes being identified.

If I ever have any spare time, I'll try to locate Ollipop's posts regarding the shoes. I know he posted at least one comment about them.

ETA: Here's what I've found:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

I could swear there was a more specific post regarding the shoes, but it isn't there now. So maybe I just have faulty recall!

I remember shoes too.

I'll power up my poor abused laptop and see what I can find.

This is the closest I've found re: the shoes. My heart broke all over again reading this.

http://www.kttc.com/story/20310851/...beth-collins-speaks-about-her-daughters-death

"Heather says authorities showed them items removed from the crime scene at the 7 Bridges Wildlife area in Bremer County, about 25 miles north of Evansdale. "

It doesn't look like the video is available anymore, but I think the "items removed from the crime scene" were their shoes or at least one girl's pair of shoes, IIRC. I'll keep searching...

This article discusses a meeting which recently attended by Drew and Heather Collins. The topic was child abduction.

http://www.communitynewspapergroup....cle_8105fa96-6bec-11e3-b7f3-001a4bcf887a.html

CEDAR FALLS TIMES - Drew and Heather Collins talk about preventing child abductions at a community event at Shell Rock United Methodist Church on Dec. 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtJBzyWogE&feature=youtu.be

https://www.facebook.com/cedarfallstimes

CEDAR FALLS TIMES Facebook

Here is a link to the post where in the video Heather and Drew stated they identified the shoes. Post #902

Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23 - Page 37 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The video is no longer active since it's so old, but that's where there is discussions on the threads about the video and the mention of identifying the flip flops.

I believe that was the only interview where Heather mentions it. It was a one on one interview with Ron Steele...not a press release of sorts.

Hope that helps clarify.

When the local news reported on the anniversary of the girls being found, that Klunder was neither able to be either linked or excluded, that spoke volumes to me and really made me afraid that they just have no. idea. at. all.... So disheartening.

I really hope that I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member