Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blissful12 said:
My father is a retired police officer, so I’ve heard warnings my whole life and I’ve always been aware of my surroundings, however in the town where I grew up, everyone knew everyone and most were related to one-another. I would have been extremely comfortable accepting a ride from a nice man that was a friend of the family.

I’d be looking at someone in late forties to early fifties. The reason is because I think for a young girl, a father-figure is much less threatening than a younger man when it comes to accepting a ride. Someone could appear so kind and have obsessive uncontrollable feelings that an unsuspecting girl wouldn’t even notice. JMO

This post from Blissful12 is very possible, in my opinion.

If Mollie locked the dogs up and left the house to walk to her mother's house to get the car before work that morning, I think this is a strong possibility.

It would explain the fact that the dogs were in the basement, her cell phone was with her and there was no evidence of a scuffle in the residence.

Mollie could have left very early that morning - perhaps to have breakfast with her Mom before she took the car to work.

Could Mollie have entered a vehicle voluntarily or involuntarily before her brother contacted her that morning to see whether she needed the car?

It is possible that this was a crime of opportunity.

I've had other theories but this one seems to be the one that makes sense to me.

JMO

And add to that the severe storms that morning. She could have accepted a ride to escape hail or strong winds - from an acquaintance or someone she thought was harmless.

"Zencompass said,

Thanks for reminding me about the rain.

Is it possible that she didn't take her wallet but put money and her driver's license in her cellphone holder? I do that at times when I don't want to take all my credit cards, other i.d. with me.

Last edited:
Yes, she could have, but it's been said that she made the one-mile walk often. I'm wondering if there was maybe a break in the rain and then she got caught in it or something? I go back and forth between something happened in the morning inside the home and something happened outside...possibly on the way to her mom's.

According to Mitch Mortvedt, spokesman for the Iowa DCI, there were no signs of a struggle.

"One avenue of thought is that if it wasn't a struggle, and we have found no signs of a struggle, then maybe it was someone she was familiar with," Mortvedt said. "But then the other avenue of thought is it could have been a stranger who simply overpowered her or tricked her. We just have very little to go on."

Boyfriend of missing Iowa college student cleared as suspect
I was wondering if the break in at the True value hardware store was connected. Was anything stolen, and what ? I think she was surprised by someone in the house,but jmo.

Thanks for helping the search. So they have active search teams working? Volunteers?

The people that were out there today were the local fire & ems personnel from Brooklyn’s fire deptarment and then neighboring counties’ fire & ems personnel. I have a feeling that the investgators didn’t want the public to know they were going to be out searching again just yet (possibly to perserve evidence—though I don’t know that for sure)...That s why I dont want to say too much about the search before the press conference tomorrow—I’d rather wait & see what the investigators say about it so I know I’m not giving out details they don’t want anyone to know about yet.

I know LE has been searching around this area quite a bit, but I can't help but wonder if the increase in the reward didn't help get them more tips to go on.

I was wondering if the break in at the True value hardware store was connected. Was anything stolen, and what ? I think she was surprised by someone in the house,but jmo.
They called it vandalism and not a burglary so I highly doubt it. Definitely possible that she was taken from the house.

Thanks for reminding me about the rain.

Is it possible that she didn't take her wallet but put money and her driver's license in her cellphone holder? I do that at times when I don't want to take all my credit cards, other i.d. with me.
not possible beclause she did not have her contacts or glasses on

I'd be very careful about assuming location = perp at this point. The timing is a huge red flag as too coincidental, WC's on the spot interview hits the internet yesterday (or day before, can't remember) enlightening everyone to his past, if I'm the perp and have been looking for a way to deflect suspicion away from myself, I couldn't have been handed a better one on a silver platter. So what do I do, of course I go and plant the red shirt everyone has been talking about near there...<mod changed to initials>

Very good point!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. That’s similar to what I think happened, except I think a ride was to pick her up, she put the dogs down the basement and then let them in while she finished getting ready, and they grabbed her. That would account for her red shirt being gone, cell phone and fit bit on her, but not glasses/contacts-she was still getting ready and hadn’t put them in yet. Her wallet would still be there too, since she hadn’t left yet.

A lot of young adults just take their driver's license and debit card and put it in their phone case or in a case on their lanyard. She might have had a key or work i.d. lanyard she could have stuck license in. I'm not too concerned about the left behind wallet/purse. Kids don't seem to carry them much anymore.

It was a video a news station had done interviewing the resident with a history of stalking. He had been questioned by LE in regards to HT's disappearance and the News station interviewed him. They removed that video today.

Whoa!!! Thank you.

I'm watching the live stream. I'm sure y'all are discussing it. Search is at Highway 21, two searches today in the area. Farmer there says area, about one square mile radius and spans several properties, has been searched NON-STOP since Mollie went missing, so something keeps drawing them back.

Yesterday divers searched a pond in that area. And others have been searched.

Search today is down the road form the hog confine searched previously.

It is not near where Mollie was jogging.

A canine is being used in the current search in the wooded area.

Oh they've got info. I wonder what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daz1975