Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure the FBI has access to the Dark Web though and would already know by now if there was chatter about Mollie there....?
Hummm now maybe. Sex traffickers want $$$ so now that I think about that one maybe the huge reward would 'speak to evil'.
I'll have to think on that one!

What is everyone thinking here?

Alive or not? and why?

Any particular reason they are thinking she is alive?

Unless it's someone with an established property that LE hasn't searched, it's hard to hold a victim captive for long periods without detection.

I have hope but the likelihood that she's still alive is not great. I'm going by odds and stats.

Leaning toward alive. FBI has the father saying what he said- coming out of the father's mouth versus FBI's- imho to put the abductor slightly more at ease. I think the abductor could simply have been someone she waved at once, smiled at in passing. Or could be someone she knows from Uiowa, though I think a random student holding her this long is pretty unlikely. I guess ultimately for me this case feels so different how it's unfolded that I just don't think the FBI would have the father saying what he said without things strongly leaning in that direction.

What do you think, Jealoushe?

There is no indication that the FBI told the father to say what he said, unless I missed something major. And even if they did, LE has instructed parents to say similar things when we later discover the missing person was long deceased. What he said is fairly textbook when the possibility of kidnapping exists. Jmo

I would agree, except that she worked on her homework first. Honestly, if I were a student and I was going to commit suicide, I would have totally left the homework. That, and I wouldn’t have taken my fitbit or my phone.

If she takes her phone and Fitbit and discards them, and keeps going to a diff location, it’s perfect to not be found for awhile.

I almost thought the father's words were meant to apply even if, god forbid, Mollie is deceased. To get the person to confess, with the psychological out of it was a "mistake", things got out of hand. I know it is very unlikely that someone would confess to being part of a death, but this was how it struck me.

I did not hear the word "alive" nor get that feeling.

Burglary on West Des Moines on 7/16. Here it is:
Possible Mollie interrupted attempted burglary of the home she was staying in...upon returning from her run? Multiple burglaries can often occur in same/adjacent locations. Door apparently not locked, dogs in basement, no cars in driveway. Also keep pondering the electric co-op next door and the dropbox with disabled or malfunctioning cameras. Easy for a car to be parked there without being too suspicious.

Other than the fact that Mollie is missing, is there any evidence that a crime has been committed?. I am not asking about this being out of character or what her family think, I am wondering about evidence
I have been unable to be here and may have missed evidence.
There is absolutely no evidence that a crime has been committed.

I read that Mollie's BF stated that if she had gone to bed the dogs would have been laying on her bed. He also said that if someone had come at her, the pit/lab dog ( large) would have become aggressive. So this implies that the dogs were not confined to the basement area at night. Her BF also stated that the dogs had plenty of food and water when he went into the house. I presume that they were down in the basement when he went in. It sounds like Mollie was taken early that morning, as she was setting off to walk to her mother's house. Probably got in a vehicle because of the heavy rain. The only other scenario is that something very sideways happened that night, but the person(s) involved were well known to the dogs, and M. either let them in or they had a key. jmo

Leaning toward alive. FBI has the father saying what he said- coming out of the father's mouth versus FBI's- imho to put the abductor slightly more at ease. I think the abductor could simply have been someone she waved at once, smiled at in passing. Or could be someone she knows from Uiowa, though I think a random student holding her this long is pretty unlikely. I guess ultimately for me this case feels so different how it's unfolded that I just don't think the FBI would have the father saying what he said without things strongly leaning in that direction.

What do you think, Jealoushe?

I just don't know anymore! I sadly think she may be dead just because the sheer time that has passed.

Unless it's someone with an established property that LE hasn't searched, it's hard to hold a victim captive for long periods without detection.

I have hope but the likelihood that she's still alive is not great. I'm going by odds and stats.

Same here...the odds are against her.

With the manpower behind it, it makes me think not suicide, not a prank gone bad, not someone who isnt dangerous taking her.

I also wonder if the father is trying to trick the perp into relaxing a bit.

Why do they so strongly think she is alive? Her Fitbit? I mean really, anyone could be wearing it.

Actually that's been done quite frequently. Abigail Hernandez was held in a storage locked in a trailer park. Dugard in a switchback hard and then there's the Cleveland three!

The time frame is at least semi narrowed down, from last sighting of her jogging near 7:30pm on 7/18 to no response to text from brother around 7:30am 7/19. That means it was either likely while jogging or from the house. IMOO
Don't forget about the snapchat - sometime that evening after jogging - her boyfriend opened it at 10 or 10:30pm depending on the news article - I still wonder if that photo shows she is somewhere else i.e. not at the house or her mom's. They sure haven't mentioned it that I can find.

I don't think this is a suicide case for a long list of reasons, but if it is, I don't think not being found would be appealing to Mollie. There are suicidal people who don't want to be stopped, but not being found is an entirely different matter.

Leanne Bearden. Almost the same case as this. Happy, world traveler. Went for a walk, disappeared for 3 weeks. Found hanging in a tree in a nearby yard. Nobody saw that coming.

I read that Mollie's BF stated that if she had gone to bed the dogs would have been laying on her bed. He also said that if someone had come at her, the pit/lab dog ( large) would have become aggressive. So this implies that the dogs were not confined to the basement area at night. Her BF also stated that the dogs had plenty of food and water when he went into the house. I presume that they were down in the basement when he went in. It sounds like Mollie was taken early that morning, as she was setting off to walk to her mother's house. Probably got in a vehicle because of the heavy rain. The only other scenario is that something very sideways happened that night, but the person(s) involved were well known to the dogs, and M. either let them in or they had a key. jmo

IF she was taken in the morning - she was wearing her jogging clothes???

Don't forget about the snapchat - sometime that evening after jogging - her boyfriend opened it at 10 or 10:30pm depending on the news article - I still wonder if that photo shows she is somewhere else i.e. not at the house or her mom's. They sure haven't mentioned it that I can find.

The only thing i have read about the snapchat was that BF thought it was taken inside, no description of anything as of last week

The sex trade thing is going around as a possibility and this is probably as out there as aliens or a cougar but what about the Dark Web? I'm sure the LE folks on here understand why I mention this as a possibility. Really sinister and evil things and people out there. I'm sure others have read and heard about things going on there. Stories about abductions of people crossing the wrong people on there, disturbing stuff allegedly on the Dark Web (Not just the Silk Road) Plus if I understand correctly one uses TOR or Onion to access it and by doing so it's allegedly untraceable?

Again, this is so out there I almost feel like an idiot mentioning the possibility. Probably a big nothing burger. Just reading your post though made me wonder for a quick second.

bullbear77,
Thanks for considering my post.
I am not one to usually wander far of the path in a missing persons case. I generally subscribe to Occams Razor, "when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better. "What is Occam's Razor?

But, at this point in this monsterously twisted investigation and after watching her father's pleas I am trying to think out of the box.
I stay out of that dark web area, and the world is more sinister than my old heart can indulge. I'm still intrigued by the mysteries in this case, though it is likely just an evil act.

Missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' father says not too late for abductor to return her
During the celebration, his family took a boat ride, where he and one of his brothers swam to a large rock about 25 feet above the water in a lake, hoping to dive in. Though she screamed at the top of her lungs, as Rob put it, his 20-year-old daughter and best man, Mollie, jumped in right behind them.

“‘I’m your best man, I’m going with you,’” Tibbetts recalled his daughter saying. “She was my best man, and she was every bit the best man.”

The father in that interview describes how wonderfully devoted she was to him. She is devoted to a fault and trusting IMO, she wouldn't let them down. She is a committed daughter, sister, friend, student and employee. IMO
JMO

If she went missing early that morning, I have a hard time reconciling how it could be a random crime of opportunity. Seems to me that it would be more along the lines of a scheduled ride to work from a coworker - or if raining hard and walking to get the car - an impromptu ride to mom's from someone she knew.

I still think the theory that she went missing the night before while on her run makes more sense, particularly in the way LE is behaving.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member