Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massguy-it's not nostalgia, kids don't go running around neighborhoods any longer from sun up to sun down. They don't go into the old guy's house next door alone. However Love, it is true that many things weren't reported like they are today. But let's agree to disagree because you both have good insight and I know we're all frustrated and feeling deflated. So can we shake hands and agree to disagree?
Haaaa. I appreciate the effort. But it’s a non issue.

FWIW, after watching the latest 20-minute interview with her boyfriend and parents, it sure sounds like she was expected for dinner and the search/worry started that night based on a comment her mom made.
My main theory right now is no foul play....something happened on her run and she is hidden away in a cornfield or something - that she collapsed, asthma attack (apparently she had asthma), something caused her to get hurt or fall and she passed out, died as a result either immediately or that evening/overnight, and her body is simply yet to be found. I suppose it could be accidental hit and run and her body was hidden, in which case we do hope that person comes forward.

I continue to think there is a bigger picture here, more all-encompassing than one missing woman. My first thought 3 weeks ago was this is somehow tied to crime that is specific to this area of the state. I had no clue until I moved to Iowa that methamphetamine is major. Cross paths by accident with someone in whatever state of mind, with whatever it is they think they have to hide, and boom....

For there to be so many FBI agents called in.... I'm thinking, sure, small town police force (not even one in her actual town, right); because her case is a state matter, wouldn't detectives from, say, Des Moines be at the scene, instead of- what's the latest? 15? FBI agents? *This* leads me to believe Mollie's abduction (I do think it such) has an ongoing other-federal investigative angle to it. As in, the suspect(s) showed an M.O. we aren't aware of -because the public isn't right now privy to- that dovetails with a wider issue going down in that stretch of Iowa right off I-80.

"In 2012, Iowa recorded fewer than 50,000 methamphetamine seizures. So far in 2017, that number has more than doubled, to 106,660, and does not include larger federal cases in the state, according to the state's annual drug control strategy report." Des Moines Register, 11/17 by Linh Ta.

Or maybe I'm the tweaker here. >>Just kidding. Really though, this keeps having an almost spider-web feeling to it, for me at least. Big, but can't quite meet the eye yet. No, I don't think Mollie was involved with meth. Just looking at the area, along with other factors.
There are pockets. For instance, at Uof I there's a little place called, ironically, Molly's cupcakes. If you're ever in Iowa, you have to go, best cupcakes in the whole world. Anyway, it's on a cute little block just across the street from the University. There's a bookstore, a coffee shop and it's like Mayberry. Go one block west and it's not safe, not even during the day. They have an artist fair there and we were accosted going through an alley to get some cash from a nearby atm. Yet one block east is Mayberry. We found out the hard way it's a little pocket of crime due to drugs.

FWIW, after watching the latest 20-minute interview with her boyfriend and parents, it sure sounds like she was expected for dinner and the search/worry started that night based on a comment her mom made.
My main theory right now is no foul play....something happened on her run and she is hidden away in a cornfield or something - that she collapsed, asthma attack (apparently she had asthma), something caused her to get hurt or fall and she passed out, died as a result either immediately or that evening/overnight, and her body is simply yet to be found. I suppose it could be accidental hit and run and her body was hidden, in which case we do hope that person comes forward.
Respectfully, I don't share the same theories. You've got a passel of LE, including FBI scouring pig farms and other local areas; they don't dedicate these type of resources if they think this gal had an accident.

WOW... your posts get more absurd. I am a realist MassGuy. No nostalgia here, no fantasies. No opinion. Facts buddy. Cold hard facts. When I do have an "opinion" I will state it as such.
I also like the term scroll and roll, which I will do from this point.
There’s never been a safer time to be a kid in America

Actually, childhood mortality, childhood missing persons, and childhood crime rates are all at near historic lows now.

The night before? Color me confused. I thought half the board wondered if she never came home from an early evening before dark type jog. Yet, she was up and chatting and texting later that night??

I am sorry to be so late to the thread party.

Lol, the poster I was responding to asked why they weren't texting "the night before." Post #897 I can understand how not seeing the previous post with my response may be misleading.

Let me clarify: She was discovered missing on Thursday. My post refers to Wednesday night or "the night before."

ETA: Thank you for pointing this out - I edited my post to read "Wednesday."

Last edited:
It’s probably just a coincidence that Evansdale,Iowa( the town where a double abduction took place) is a only little more than an hour away from Brooklyn, Iowa.
While it's plausible there could be some criminal spillage in to Brooklyn, my thinking is that they would stand out, and be spotted rather quickly?

So I've been trying to piece together Mollie's potential running route. For starters, all we really know is that she was on Pershing Drive heading toward the funeral home sometime around 7:30 pm.

From there, it's anybody guess to where she went; did she head south on Jackson Street into the heart of town, north on Jackson St., stay on Pershing Dr., etc.?

We also know from the mother, Mollie liked to go on 45-minute runs.

I was looking for Mollie's old high school race time in cross country. According to this page, she ran a 5K (about 3.1 miles) in 25:43, which is about 8:34 per mile.Mollie Tibbetts' cross country race time

Keep in mind, she did this at full exertion, near 100% effort. So in a non-competitive setting, her pace might be closer to 9-11 minutes per mile depending on the distance.

If she's running for about 45 minutes, I would wager Mollie's route was potentially 4-5 miles in length.

It is difficult to map out an accurate running route that fits this distance because we don't know if Mollie made repeat loops around certain blocks, extended her run out of town close to the cornfields, the finish line of said route (mom's house vs boyfriend's), etc.

Either way, I am shocked there aren't more known sightings of her while running except on Pershing Dr. Like if she ran through the town, I would imagine cameras or bystanders spotting her there, and if so it would have leaked by now?

This makes me lean towards Mollie running on the outskirts of town where there's more cornfields, open space, etc. like on Mills, East Green, or Boundary Street. If she was indeed abducted on her run, I think areas like these is where she'd be most vulnerable.

I think that the idea is that--I'm stating the obvious here--Mollie is not WC's wife or girlfriend. And the belief is that not being able to let go of a wife or girlfriend--no matter what sort of crimes it leads to--is a different mentality from the one that would lead a man to stalk and attack a total stranger.

It shows his character mentality with women. You don’t know that he doesn’t stalk women hes not involved with but may be physically and sexually attracted to who’s young and beautiful and he knows he would never be her type. So watches her from afar. Anything is possible this happens all the time unfortunately.

Not from Brooklyn, but the only thing I can think of was that RAGBRAI was going by in like 8 days.

If you have not seen RAGBRAI, it is a wonder of the world. There are thousands of people. 10,000 official riders, and many many more unofficial riders. Plus all their support people. There are incredible parties. I cannot imagine the amount the amount of booze and refer consumed.

And when the riders go by they are 5-6 deep as far as you can see (at least it seems to me). You DO NOT drive or walk or even look at them. The riders do not stop. They will run you over.

People from all over the world come to this torture, I mean bike ride. But it did not go thru the area until 7-8 days after that Wednesday.

here is the trip map for RAGBRAI - never heard of it before today. Apparently they rode right through Montezuma and Deep River. But it happened July 26 - the day after the FBI joined the case. (scroll to day 5)

2018 Route Maps

I continue to think there is a bigger picture here, more all-encompassing than one missing woman. My first thought 3 weeks ago was this is somehow tied to crime that is specific to this area of the state. I had no clue until I moved to Iowa that methamphetamine is major. Cross paths by accident with someone in whatever state of mind, with whatever it is they think they have to hide, and boom....

For there to be so many FBI agents called in.... I'm thinking, sure, small town police force (not even one in her actual town, right); because her case is a state matter, wouldn't detectives from, say, Des Moines be at the scene, instead of- what's the latest? 15? FBI agents? *This* leads me to believe Mollie's abduction (I do think it such) has an ongoing other-federal investigative angle to it. As in, the suspect(s) showed an M.O. we aren't aware of -because the public isn't right now privy to- that dovetails with a wider issue going down in that stretch of Iowa right off I-80.

"In 2012, Iowa recorded fewer than 50,000 methamphetamine seizures. So far in 2017, that number has more than doubled, to 106,660, and does not include larger federal cases in the state, according to the state's annual drug control strategy report." Des Moines Register, 11/17 by Linh Ta.

Or maybe I'm the tweaker here. >>Just kidding. Really though, this keeps having an almost spider-web feeling to it, for me at least. Big, but can't quite meet the eye yet. No, I don't think Mollie was involved with meth. Just looking at the area, along with other factors.
Boy, I hope that's not it. Because meth and such makes people really unpredictable. But anymore, there are only a few reasons for violence and/or crime against people, the same things as there always have been, money, jealousy, revenge, someone's just plain evil, and now it seems weird homemade drugs too. Sometimes I read an article about some bizarre thing and think "Why would anyone even DO that? Who needs money that bad/hates someone that much/has such a short fuse.....oh, never mind, it was meth." I really hope it's zero to do with that.

I apologize if this theory came up before but for speculation purposes I want to throw it out there....I have seen some comments about not locking the doors and windows in her area. What if someone slipped inside the house while she was out on the run? No stuggle could be explained if they drugged her by surprise.

I doubt this theory but I think it’s good to rule possibilities out. The dinner thing makes me doubt this, but all of Mollie’s screenshot posts show her phone on do not disturb, so maybe she forgot to let her mom know she wasn’t coming over and never saw any follow up messages.

For there to be so many FBI agents called in.... I'm thinking, sure, small town police force (not even one in her actual town, right); because her case is a state matter, wouldn't detectives from, say, Des Moines be at the scene, instead of- what's the latest? 15? FBI agents? *This* leads me to believe Mollie's abduction (I do think it such) has an ongoing other-federal investigative angle to it.
Respectfully snipped for focus. Agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lNana of8