GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still afraid that this case is going to go politically motivated with some very corrupt people higher up pulling the strings. Why else would the defense lawyers agree to such a ridiculous “Ninja Story”? Their reputation is toast unless winning is certain. (I really hope that I am wrong.)

I do not believe that CBR's family is paying for his defense. There seems to be an unlimited pot of money for some people to get their legal bills paid. I don't know what, where, how, why...but I have seen endless billable hours here.

Just saw a clip of CBR giving his story that had a split screen showing his lawyer lady. She took a long look out of the corner of her eye at the jury when he started talking about masked men.

"Are you people buying this *advertiser censored*???"

Maybe it was 3 hours and 9 minutes yesterday. They did say just over three hours.

I wonder if they are having trouble deciding between 1st and 2nd degree murder.
I doubt they've even gotten to that point yet. They had new testimony from the rebuttal witness and they had to select a foreman as well as review the jury instructions which was 36 items. Hopefully they're now organized, have had some good strong coffee, and are ready to knock this out today. MOO

Last edited:
I do not believe that CBR's family is paying for his defense. There seems to be an unlimited pot of money for some people to get their legal bills paid. I don't know what, where, how, why...but I have seen endless billable hours here.
Me too! Can’t believe the uncle has pockets that deep- unless mortgaged his home? Big major fat bucks for this defense…

If he needs an interpeture on the stand, how did he understand what the masked men were saying in the car?
I think they needed an interpreter either way. Even though he speaks English, the language in the courtroom is different than in an informal environment. It wouldn't have been a fair trial if they had not hired interpreters.

Also, interpreters interpret word for word. That's why I think it was better that LE had a native speaker interview the defendant. She would understand nuances, slang words, and improper grammar. I have a feeling CBR isn't the greatest speaker even in his native language.

When Mollie was missing I followed the story everyday . The day her body was found I cried like a baby. I hope today brings tears- but tears of relief that justice for Mollie has finally been achieved .

I wonder if the defense attorneys knew in advance what their client was going to say on the stand? It seemed like they led him so I presume they did. I attended the Sydney Loofe trial and the day Aubrey Trail took the stand against his attorneys advice and totally changed the story was quite interesting. His counsel was shocked. Good thing was- it sealed the deal for him- hope it does the same in this one
Much of the questioning was very leading questions ( I commented at the time that I was surprised the judge was allowing it) so yes, the attorneys not only knew what he would say, they were literally walking him through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicemiddleton