Found Deceased Iceland - Birna Brjánsdóttir, 20, Reykjavík, 14 Jan 2017 *Arrests*

This is the tribute that was held in Greenland. It was really beautiful and just shows how this senseless crime has affected both nations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People gathered from Qaqortoq, Nanortalik, Maniitsoq, Tasiilaq and Nuuk in Greenland to light a candle and honor Birna Brjánsdóttir.

http://knr.gl/da/nyheder/sagen-om-birna-brjánsdóttir

birnabrjansdottir.jpg

In her last post on Facebook on Jan. 12 (2 days before she went missing), she lamented that it was “two minutes until the worst day of the year,” because “Kiss a Ginger Day” — a day of empowerment for redheads — was nearly over and no one had kissed her.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/world/europe/iceland-birna-brjansdottir.html

:rose: RIP Birna :rose:

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/...ering-20-year-old-birna-brjansdottir-revealed
The identity of the two men suspected of murdering 20 year old Birna Brjánsdóttir revealed
attachment.php

The suspects currently in custody Thomas Møller Olsen (left) and Nikolaj Olsen (right). Photo/Iceland Magazine - Facebook
Very different individuals
The local newspaper Stundin reports that Thomas Møller has been convicted of selling drugs in Greenland and a fan of mixed martial arts. He is suspected of being connected to the smuggling of large quantities of drugs which were discovered on board the trawler. Police found at least 20 kg of pressed hashish blocks, valued at 2 million USD on board the ship.

The other man, Nikolaj Olsen, does not have a criminal record. He was very intoxicated during the night when Birna disappeared according to the sources of Stundin. Both men have denied any involvement in the disappearance of Birna.
Stundin has interviewed a number of people who know the two men, as well as other crew members of Polar Nanoq. According to Stundin the two men are described in very different terms: While Thomas is said to be outgoing and confident, Nikolaj is described as less self-confident, easily influenced by others and more introverted.

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/...eenlandic-trawler-suspects-interrogated-today
According to the sources of the Icelandic National Broadcasting Service Police discovered Birna’s ID during the forensic search of the trawler. Birna’s body was found on Sunday near Selvogsviti lighthouse on the south coast of Reykjanes peninsula. Her shoes were found on Monday last week, near the location where the Greenlandic trawler was harboured in Hafnarfjarðarhöfn harbour. Her cell phone or other belongings have not been found.
rbbm.

Attachments

• capture_43.png
    capture_43.png
    304.1 KB · Views: 440
President Guðni Th. Jóhannesson sent Birna’s family a letter of condolence and posted a statement on his Facebook page, which reads, “Words cannot alleviate the great sorrow, but the memory of Birna, this young and fair girl, who was taken away from us in the prime of youth, will forever live among the Icelandic nation.” In his statement, Guðni especially thanked rescue teams, the police and others who took part in the search for Birna and who investigated her disappearance. “We Icelanders draw great strength from our unity and solidarity.”

The crew of Polar Nanoq issued a statement, saying, “The tragic event has touched us deeply. We, the crew members of Polar Nanoq, wish to send the family of Birna Brjánsdóttir our deepest sympathy. We hope it will be possible to shed light on the course of events as soon as possible, so that the guilty ones can be prosecuted... Birna’s family has asked us to explain Birna’s disappearance, but we have been prohibited from communicating with others; besides, we have not known what has happened. We’re grateful for having been able to give one another support and for the support we have received from our families and our employer.”

Foreign Minister of Greenland Vittus Qujaukitsoq wrote a letter to Foreign Minister of Iceland Guðlaugur Þór Þórðarson Sunday night, in which he expressed his deepest sympathy to Icelanders on behalf of the government of Greenland and all the people of Greenland.

http://icelandreview.com/news/2017/01/24/birnas-family-receives-letters-condolence

Birna Brjánsdóttir’s ID was found in a waste basket onboard the trawler Polar Nanoq, when the police searched the ship.

An autopsy was performed yesterday. The police have declined to share preliminary results regarding the possible cause of death.

The suspects will be interrogated today, for the first time in three days. With the help of an interpreter, the interrogations will be in Greenlandic.

Polar Nanoq is expected to leave harbor in Hafnarfjörður today, but its catch was landed yesterday, after police gave permission to do so.

http://icelandreview.com/news/2017/01/24/birnas-id-found-onboard-polar-nanoq

Sounds like Nikolaj is the driver and Thomas the perp. I wonder if they are brothers?

There certainly seems to be international interest in this case, imo.
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...-year-olds-mysterious-death-grips-nation.html
[h=1]Murder in Iceland: 20-year-old’s mysterious death grips nation[/h]
There may be no safer country than this island of fjords, Bjork and arctic calm.

This is Iceland, where police are often unarmed and people walk safely at all hours of the night — just as Birna Brjansdottir was doing 10 days ago, when she disappeared.
And then her Doc Martens turned up near a dock, and the 20-year-old’s blood was found in a car. And then there were drones over Iceland, and helicopters and arrests on the open sea.
And then, on Sunday, her body was found on a beach.
Now, there is weeping in the capital and candles in the snow, as a country that has gone full years without murders asks who, why, how?

“How can such a thing happen in our peaceful Iceland?” a columnist wrote in the Iceland Monitor, which has been following the case beat by beat, like seemingly everyone else on this island of some 330,000 people — about as many as Honolulu.
“If you are not familiar with the family, you know someone who is,” the columnist, Soley Bjork Gudmundsdottir, wrote. “This whole affair feels personal.”

..Icelandic police said they were looking into a possible link between Brjansdottir’s death and that of a 17-year-old who disappeared from a quiet town in Denmark last summer and turned up dead in a lake.Already, those safe northern waters seem colder.

When I see these faces I just want to SCREAM! Both of them sitting there with the girls they so call Love. Satan, Lucifer what if someone did this to your girlfriend, wife or better your child ?!?!?!?!?!?
I don't wish that Hell on anyone! May God keep Us all ​Safe from predators !

Monsters really are average to good looking people who you would never suspect of any wrongdoing. They don't walk around in filthy clothes, smelling from lack of bathing (and have dirty skin as a result), have horribly disfigured faces with scars and extremely bad blemishes, and/or have big red stamp across their forehead that reads "WARNING".

Wow TMO has issues. The other one, I'm not so sure. Unwilling participant? It will be interesting to ever find out what they said to investigators.
Anyone else notice how much TMO's girlfriend looks like Birna and Emile?

Police have confirmed that the body discovered by Selvogsviti lighthouse in Reykjanes is that of Birna Brjánsdóttir. They would not reveal the nature of her injuries or the cause of death, but did say that the autopsy confirmed she was murdered and showed without a doubt the cause of death.

No further information regarding the autopsy will be provided until the report of the forensic pathologist has been certified. That might not happen until after the weekend.

http://icelandreview.com/news/2017/01/25/autopsy-confirms-birna-was-murdered

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2017/01/25/the_beach_where_birna_s_body_was_found/
attachment.php

Birna Brjánsdóttir was found dead on this beach west of Selvogsviti lighthouse on the Reykjanes peninsula. It's not clear whether her body was dumped there or whether it was washed ashore after having been dumped elsewhere. mbl.is/Hallur Már
"A lot of things have been found and now we need to assess whether any of those things are connected." Yesterday it was revealed that one of the suspects incessantly tried to call an Icelandic girlfriend on the Saturday night that Birna disappeared.
rbbm.

Attachments

• 938582.jpg
    938582.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 404
Updated: Everything we know about the disappearance and death of Birna Brjánsdóttir

"Police believes it is all but certain that Birna Brjánsdóttir, a 20 year old local girl who went missing on January 14, was murdered. Police also believes that it has the perpetrators, two crew members of the Greenlandic trawler Polar Nanoq, in custody. The crew of the coast guard helicopter TF-LÍF found what investigators believe is Birna's body yesterday in the beach near Selvogsviti lighthouse on the south coast of Reykjanes peninsula

Suspects have been identified

Police has not made any new announcements about the case since Birna was discovered on Sunday, but more pieces of this terrible case have been pieced together by local media. Police resumed the interrogation of the two men who are being held by police on suspicion of having murdered Birna today, Tuesday..."

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/...ut-disappearance-and-death-birna-brjansdottir
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the baby in Nikolaj's 1/14 photo his? And the photo posted the same day as the crime!

I believe that's his sister and her baby in the photo.

Is the baby in Nikolaj's 1/14 photo his? And the photo posted the same day as the crime!

Last post of 2016 on Nikolaj's fb..

so tragic. If one tries to find any little good thing that comes from loss... I have learned quite a bit about Iceland, and I think I love it. I bet Birna would want something good to come from this tragedy, so perhaps others being exposed to her beautiful country is comforting on some weird level. I have gone off and read quite a bit about Iceland and the area after hearing about Brina being missing, and followed her story. May the ripples be gentle and justice swift.

Thanks for posting this!

I wonder if these they drove the rental on thee rocks and left Birna there? Are the roads to this site treacherous?

Police has also confirmed that damage to the rental car point to it having been driven on rough trails not intended for small compact cars. The damage to the car caused the Police to suspect the men might have driven the car on rough paths in the lava fields on Reykjanes peninsula.

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/...eath-birna-brjansdottir-still-many-unanswered

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsRadcliffe
Back