ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet LE has seen on his devices how many times he Googled for information on the stabbings before the bodies were even discovered. He probably couldn't wait for it to hit the news. I think his curiosity got the better of him and that's why he drove back by the house at 9:30 the next morning to see if police were there yet. It's a dumb thing to do but he made a lot of dumb mistakes.
What do you think he would have done if LE had been there that morning when he drove by? Would he have parked somewhere and walked up and inserted himself into the scene somehow? Listened in on the bystanders conversations? Asked questions? Would he have parked somewhere and just observed, taking notes perhaps?
moo

Oh, I think we will be waiting a few years before more info comes out. I don't see BK pleading guilty to the death penalty, which I am sure at least SG will push for, and there is no reason for LE to offer him any sort of plea deal.
Usually a plea is in lieu of death; actually, I think it always is. But no, I don’t see it either.

Wow, these threads move so fast - it's impossible to keep up! The PCA is more than I even imagined - just heartbreaking for the victims and definitely weighs heavily toward BK's guilt.

Regarding BK's driving skills... I'm curious if anyone thinks the connection to the victims could have been a road rage incident? Perhaps when he first located to the area and was out exploring, there was an encounter with one/two of the victims. If BK is a wound collector, it's possible an occurrence took place that, following, the victims never gave a further thought about - but BK remembered...

JMO
IMO
MOO

I’m not understanding you comment, ‘the DNA part is the weaker one’ IMHO??

DNA was found on the snap on the sheath, that was located on the bed of a victim- Madee. The sheath is consistent with the knife used to kill the victims.

The DNA on the sheath was matched first to BCK’s father. His father could not be excluded as being the father of the killer. He is the father of the killer.

That same DNA was then shown to be a 100% match to BCK, it can be no one else but him Who touched the snap on the sheath that was found on the bed of Madee.

That is check mate

JMO
its weird people are now saying DNA isnt the best source to identify someone

Like what????

I wonder if he left it on purpose. Not realising he had left his DNA on the little button, when he wiped his DNA from the rest of it.
Because it had USMC printed on it, and he is obviously not part of the USMC. Trying to point the investigators in another direction?

If the killer left the sheath that means he held the bloody knife in his hand as he moved through the house from one murder to another.
It also means he had to hold the knife in his hand as he made it to the car.
That means he had to lay the knife down somewhere in the car to drive.

No, I don’t think he dropped the sheath on purpose, I think it was one of the mistakes he made that were pretty elementary for a CJ student. Thank God!

JMO

Why is everyone assuming DM didn't call the police or 911 till noon . Nowhere in the affidavit does it say that. I know LE may have implied it early on to press but equally they also said roommates were sleeping . Presumably all to protect safety of the eye witness

DM is the roommate we were led to believe was sound asleep on the first floor!
For the safety of the survivor and the integrity of the investigation LE, IMO, didn't want to reveal that the killer was seen and a brief description of him was made available. That information could have unleashed any number of bad scenarios. Not revealing the information left BK comfortable and able to go about his routines while LE continued their investigation, which eventually led to arrest without incident or any harm to additional people.

IMO, the article indicates they (female staff) stood up to him when they declined to answer inappropriate questions from him (about who they were there with & where they lived!) to the degree that he called one of them a "b*&^%" in a public setting, they were frightened by him & so reported him to management & recorded his behavior in a platform warning coworkers, and their manager confronted him on their behalf the next time he came in, and he never returned to that establishment after they (the brewery employees) came together & were concerned enough about his behavior that the manager confronted him.

In most companies, there is a specific process they follow for dealing with belligerent customers that prohibits the staff from confronting them directly, and kicking it up to the next level, which they did. So they stood up to him, IMO, and did not give in to his harassing behavior.
Exactly, he lashed out at them when they ignored him (they saw it as standing up to him but I doubt he did), BUT after he was directly confronted by the manager he never returned.

How could a PhD candidate in criminology possibly make this number of mistakes! It also appears from the PCA that per BK's cell phone, he had been scoping out the house and its occupants since at least late August. I think when LE gets hold of his laptop there will be a virtual goldmine of evidence to nail him with since he was so reckless about covering his tracks. But one has to wonder how and why he was so incredibly sloppy!!!! Did he WANT to get caught?
I know, it doesn’t track. Maybe he wants to go down in infamy. Maybe there is more to come, he has a plan for his defense so that his professor writes books about him. Maybe on some level, he knew how sick he was, but couldn’t stop himself. Tried to understand the minds of the killers he felt a kinship to, as he spiraled. Maybe at one point he hoped to cure his depravity, but he was compelled to act.

Wow, these threads move so fast - it's impossible to keep up! The PCA is more than I even imagined - just heartbreaking for the victims and definitely weighs heavily toward BK's guilt.

Regarding BK's driving skills... I'm curious if anyone thinks the connection to the victims could have been a road rage incident? Perhaps when he first located to the area and was out exploring, there was an encounter with one/two of the victims. If BK is a wound collector, it's possible an occurrence took place that, following, the victims never gave a further thought about - but BK remembered...

JMO
IMO
MOO
I think there is no connection. He was going to commit a mass killing, and scouted for the right place.

I wonder if he left it on purpose. Not realising he had left his DNA on the little button, when he wiped his DNA from the rest of it.
Because it had USMC printed on it, and he is obviously not part of the USMC. Trying to point the investigators in another direction?
IMO he just made a mistake. Kind of like leaving for work and forgetting you mouse or cell phone. I still think he did not intend on killing 4 and the unexpected encounters and sleeping arrangements forced a change in plans.

Also, if you google military surplus there is a store in Pullman. Usually these stores have an array of these types of knifes.

A wonderful post, IMO, this is a great example of using personal experience to illuminate a problem that we're all struggling to understand.

Thank you.

I am not trying to make this thread about me but I do want to offer an explanation as to why DM may not have called 911.

When hubby and I were in college we lived in west Tulsa to be closer to TU. One weekend my older brother and wife came to visit, so my SIL and I decided to cook dinner. I didn't have everything we needed so she and I climbed into her car to go to the grocery store in Town West shopping center. We got out, did our shopping, me checking out first as I had fewer items. I came strolling out, holding my purse and bag of food items, thinking about dinner.

A man stepped out of a van and walked straight toward me. I thought nothing of it. Suddenly he grabbed me in what we call a bear hug, pinning both my arms to my side. I literally could not raise my arms to fight, could not get away. I was completely shocked, unable to process what was happening or try to get away.

At that time my SIL walked up behind me and asked "What's going on?" The guy immediately dropped his arms and said "Oh I thought you were someone else. Sorry." He turned and walked away, got into his van and left. My SIL asked me "Who was that?" I told her I had no idea, I had never seen him before in my life. We went home, told our hubby's about it, decided it really was just a case of mistaken identity. We laughed it off and did not call police and report it.

Exactly one week later, a local radio newswoman, Valerie Shaw, while shopping for diapers disappeared from Town West shopping center at the exact same grocery store parking lot. They found her raped and strangled to death miles away in Rogers County. The killer went on to kill four more people before he was caught and executed. My SIL and I instantly recognized him as the man who grabbed me that evening. Except for my having slightly darker skin Valerie and I could have been sisters. I have been haunted since 1984 by the question, if I had called the police and reported it would Valerie still be alive?

So I can personally speak to why DM did not call 911. First you are in shock, then later in denial. You just don't ever think something bad is going to happen to you or has happened. Especially when you are young.

But believe me I never walked out of anywhere with my head in my butt again. To this day I check my surroundings before I step out of a car or a building and if someone approaches me I don't let them get close to me, I give them a wide berth.

DM has a long way to go and a lot of guilt and a lot of "what if's" questions to work through before she ever gets through what happened. She will never get over it but she will hopefully, with therapy, get through it.

My prayers for her.

JMO

I knew Valerie. I can imagine how you feel since then. It was horrifying, and her baby had to grow up without his mother.

I don't think he would risk going back to find the sheath in broad daylight. I think he wanted to see if the cops were there yet because he was googling it and surprised there still wasn't any info about the stabbing at 9:30 am. He didn't realize the bodies hadn't even been found yet.

IF he saw DM on his way out, he would have especially thought cops had been called immediately so he would have wondered why there wasn't any report of it yet. That was big news in a small town. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a scanner, too. He would have been bewildered that she hadn't called 911 immediately so he went to see for himself. I think he couldn't wait to hear about it on the news.
I just had a thought. What if, on his way out, he did take note of DM and threatened her, e.g., “if you call police I’m going to come back and kill you, too.” And then she didn’t know whether he was still inside, watching from outside, whatever.

Likely pure arrogance.....probably convinced himself he is smarter than everyone else, but in reality and by what we know so far, he really was pretty stupid (obviously by what he did, but also by his inability to cover his tracks). He really made some damming basic mistakes.
But...that's assuming he was in a normal state of mind and/or that he was worried about being apprehended, neither of which I believe to be true. Imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjflow