ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that is a screen grab from the video of him sitting down at the defense table. In the video it appears to be a split-second fleeting half-smile acknowledging her. I knew the media would seize upon it as a smile/jovial moment, when it wasn't.

Agree completely. "Perfunctory smile" is the phrase that comes to mind, IMO. This man has so much more on his mind.

www.dailymail.co.uk

FBI watched Idaho 'killer' take out the trash wearing surgical gloves

The officers were tasked with tracking Kohberger so they could arrest him as soon as a warrant was issued as well as trying to get hold of a DNA sample.
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk
An FBI surveillance team watched Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger take out the trash at his parent's house wearing surgical gloves at 4am – before dumping it in a neighbor's bin.

[..]

He was also seen cleaning the inside and outside of his car, with the source adding that he didn't 'miss an inch'.

Law enforcement saw him multiple times outside of his parent's $250,000 Pennsylvania home wearing surgical gloves.

A source told CNN Kohberger wore surgical gloves while taking out the bags, and was even seen putting trash into his neighbor's bins at around 4am.

This was prior to his arrest, with agents recovering items from both his family home and the neighbors.
Just seeing this now, and it’s wild. Lol, innocent people don’t dump trash in their neighbors bin wearing surgical gloves at 4am. Coupled with wearing them multiple times and cleaning his car meticulously, if that doesn’t spell guilt, I don’t know what does.

That must have driven the FBI crazy, as they knew they were losing evidence, but didn’t yet have probable cause. Fortunately, I don’t think there’s a chance in hell he didn’t miss a spot. For a well educated guy, he’s an absolute moron.

Hypothetically, If DM had called
9-1-1 around 4:20 am to report a possible intruder who had already left the premises and had neither harmed nor threatened her - how urgent would the response have been ?

Well how else would a Ka-Bar look like after it was used seconds earlier to stab 4 people? That's besides the point however. The fact is that DM was shocked and terrified after seeing BK so it is likely he simply didn't look to her like an average guest.

If your point is that I should add IMHO to my post then your're absolutely right, all of my statements are only my humble opinion.
I haven't heard where DM was shocked and terrified or that a knife was visible. Imo.

I’m not too worried about finding blood evidence/DNA in his car. I’ve had a child throw up in my car and got it professionally cleaned TWICE, the second time they took the actual seat out, and I could still smell it sometimes. LE doesn’t need a lot of blood and there are so many little nooks and crannies that are practically impossible to reach without dismantling the car. They’ll find plenty, imo.

Agree!

AAAnnnnddd - any trace of blood/dna they might collect would likely be that of all 4 victims intermingled (plus maybe his.) How's he going to explain THAT?

To Add: and that goes for anything that gets collected from the garbage cans, too.

Yes I agree with you though I did see it from the other posters point of view early on - I was picturing BK coming from the stairs between level 3 and 2 and walking down in the direction of the back sliding door however after a second look at the floor plan I can now see it likely means BK was coming from X bedroom and walking towards DM (in her bedroom doorway) while crossing through the living room before heading out the sliding door
I agree. However, I guess it is possible he entered the house, went to X's room, then upstairs, then back to x's room and then out (when he was seen by DM). I don't think that is likely to be what happened, but I suppose its possible.

Hypothetically, If DM had called
9-1-1 around 4:20 am to report a possible intruder who had already left the premises and had neither harmed nor threatened her - how urgent would the response have been ?
I don't think LE would have hidden something like that if it happened. Imo.

However, 2 miles is a large distance in a city of just 7 square miles. Sure, he was likely in southwest Moscow...
However, that doesn't prove too much. It does establish further investigation and possibly lead to more warrants, but in court I don't know the data they have can be used to prove he was at their house.
Makes sense. That's probably why LE waited for the DNA match before arresting BK. His DNA on the knife sheath found at the crime scene places him there during the murders. JMO.

I think you’re right.

“On December 27, 2022, Pennsylvania Agents recovered the trash from the Kohberger family residence located in Albrightsville, PA.”

No mention at all of the idea that they brought in a fake garbage truck, etc.
Yeah, my memory is usually pretty decent. I couldn't remember any mention of it but thought maybe I'd missed it.

Just seeing this now, and it’s wild. Lol, innocent people don’t dump trash in their neighbors bin wearing surgical gloves at 4am. Coupled with wearing them multiple times and cleaning his car meticulously, if that doesn’t spell guilt, I don’t know what does.

That must have driven the FBI crazy, as they knew they were losing evidence, but didn’t yet have probable cause. Fortunately, I don’t think there’s a chance in hell he didn’t miss a spot. For a well educated guy, he’s an absolute moron.
Could be that the two traffic stops rattled him..he looked rattled.

There's Historical CLSI data which is used to track past movements. There is also prospective CLSI, GPS, and triangulation data which track a phone in real time. Historical CLSI is not triangulation, historical CLSI can narrow down a location to a general area, sometimes it's a huge aera. Prospective location data is pinpoint accurate.
Very informative post, thanks! I'm also wondering if, sometime before the attack, assuming BK was relatively close to the 1122 King Road with his smartphone switched on and WiFi enabled, wouldn't 1122 King Road network show in available networks history? All that assuming they had published their wireless network ID (seems like thay might, it was a party house) and that BK didn't get rid of his smartphone of course.

Agreed! I mean, I may or may not be guilty of putting something in my neighbors trash across the street when mine is full and it’s midnight the night before the trash truck comes, but I am not wearing surgical gloves …even if i might be dumping cat poop in there!! He was paranoid as all get out!

And the kitchen sink is right in front of bag. Odd place to set your fast food bag. Even after eating it. But other pics of the dining table show cluttered mess a little bit so maybe they weren't super neat and maybe trash can was full. A bunch of college girls living together (I know from my twin girls) can be un-tidy in their apartments. Also, thanks for posting as I now notice the bag was opened.
Interesting that the plant had been knocked over to spill dirt? I agree about placement of that bag. And if it was delivered at 4am, she had to get it, eat it, and put it there all before the murder???? WOW! I think the doordash driver should count their lucky stars too, that they didn't show up just minutes later.

With that snap he would probably have to handled it only once without gloves to get transfer dna in the grooves. My sheath can be difficult to snap/unsnap, even with gloves, it could have torn/ripped a hole in the glove and allowed for transfer. Nitrile and exam gloves come in different mil thicknesses, we tear up the thin ones pretty easily in the lab working with our hands.
I imagine he touched the snap at home before putting on gloves. ...idiot

Yes, very interesting! I thought D's door faced the kitchen? Either way, who knows.
Yes, if she'd had the door wide open she'd look across to the kitchen (or lean out of the doorway and look up the stairs). But she was peeking so as to be able to quickly close the door, and would only be able to see the narrow view from the living room towards her room/stairs/kitchen.

I think this is relevant in showing that, from the AA, the constable is giving away the police conclusion that BK left after killing Xana and Ethan. This is also relevant in indicating that Xana and Ethan were not his initial target and nor was she. This speaks to motive.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members