ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured they got dna from the trash and compared it to the dna on the sheath.

That's exactly what they said they did. And that's "genetic genealogy" at its simplest (a paternity test).

So far, LE has never said they used GEDMatch, that I know of (so many things I've missed along the way, though). They had BK's DNA so the parental trash method was quickest and easiest (once they figured out the car part).

I think the PCA explains it pretty well. They had pictures of the car early on, used the WSU parking database for all Elantras, found phone numbers for all of the Elantra owners and started analyzing pings, which led them directly to BK and then to his parents' house.

It is not that unethical, afterwards, Paul Holes made the whole career out of GSK case. Dave Reichert, my state’s former US congressman, was known as the LEO who put Green River Killer behind bars, but essentially, he was made famous by Ann Rule. She liked him and described as young, handsome, dynamic. I wouldn’t mind at all if LE get something, provided one thing: that LEO have arrested the right man and make an airtight case, and there is no travesty of Justice. What relatives and witnesses write is up to them, after all, so far, only DK of Columbine’s mom succeeded in producing something interesting, IMHO, but she donated the money to very noble causes (suicide prevention).
what kind of time gap did those involve? ( I haven't read their books nor followed those cases)

the gap between the crimes being committed and the books being published? ( On this Idaho case, looks as if publishers & producers in the Mail want to get their products out quickly.)

Isn't it all too raw? What's a decent time period?

Long post of opinions and assumptions (MOO!)

Ok just processed this detail… Dylan says that BK was walking TOWARDS her when she opened the door. Given the floor plan, he’d have to have been leaving Xana’s room. Coming down the stairs would put him walking past or away. Contrary to a lot of posters, I’d thought he walked in on Xana eating in the kitchen (there was take out trash in the kitchen in an early leaked photo) and that she and Ethan were accidental first 2 targets. Now convinced y’all are right that he went up to third floor first. Then came down and heard Xana tell Ethan someone was there. Fact that he rushed out of there without (probably) even noticing Dylan/ looking towards her door is even more evidence IMO that he wasn’t intending a mass murder and was rushed/frantic. He scurried out of there, he didn’t go searching for more victims even though he would have known how many lived in the house. He may have picked Maddie as his target because he was infatuated with her and she wasn’t interested and she seemed a vulnerable target because of her size. I remember comments early on about an incident where a creepy guy was following the girls in a bar and was asked to stop/ kicked out of said bar. Consistent with reports of BK’s reported behavior with women in the past. BK told his friend that he could get any girl he wants. No chance he actually believed that. But believed he was deserving of it. Incel garbage. Not mastermind. Not smart. Not a careful planner. Not even remotely. Not even a part of his research, although he may have justified it to himself that way at times while he was stalking her. I think we’re analyzing too hard and giving him too much credit. At the core, I think he was enraged that this beautiful girl had no interest in him although he believes himself to be the ultimate catch. Brought up bad feelings about the other times he’d been accused of being a creep, like at the brewery in PA. I believe more and more that Maddie was his intended target.

Additionally: for me, if I were Xana I wouldn’t want to open the door at 4am for the DoorDash driver. For three reasons- safety being a woman alone at night, embarrassment that I’m ordering food at 4am (no shame to her- I did this regularly in college- but never felt proud of it), and because if you’re a college student ordering food at 4am you might not be tipping well so adding to the shame factor. I think that the GrubHub timeline is not exact because it was dropped at the front door (first floor) some time around 4am and before BK arrived and that’s it’s very possible that by crazy coincidence Xana was downstairs getting her food as BK was entering on second floor, both unaware of the other. Xana hears commotion and a man’s voice upstairs and runs to her room to warn Ethan as BK comes down the stairs, tries to fight him off, is mortally wounded but still alive and crying/whimpering, Ethan starts to wake up so BK steps over her to eliminate Ethan as a more physically able opponent and then returns to Xana and says “I’m going to help” meaning put her out of her misery (I apologize so much for that phrasing). That last note does lead me to believe that he has experience killing animals, as this is pretty common attitude towards suffering animals. Dylan cracks the door, it’s dark and he’s full of adrenaline so he doesn’t see her at the other end of the hallway, he runs out of the sliding door, thud on neighbor’s video is sliding door closing. I just don’t believe the neighbors camera could hear a body hit the floor inside the neighbors house. I live in a townhome essentially made of papier-mâché (low quality 80s construction) and my camera has never picked up sounds from my neighbors. I think he came back in the morning hoping that the cops had arrived and he could witness the commotion as he prepared for his rise to anonymous infamy, and was surprised to find it was quiet. Makes me think of Stephen McDaniel trying too hard to play the part of an innocent neighbor: A Man Was Interviewed On TV About A Murder – And It Turns Out He Did It [VIDEO]

Then again, other times I think that the conclusions I’ve drawn above are all wrong.

Anyone else feel creepy and gross speculating on motive and BK’s feelings when that’s a subject he took strong interest in?

Hoping for a merciless judge and jury, and interested to see what comes out in the trial. I predict they’ll find creepy stalker photos taken from outside of the house on his computer. Maybe that’s just my brain desperately hoping for more indisputable evidence of guilt.

This could be a judge just being overly cautious. BUT it could also mean that there was something looked for/found at his apartment directly related to one or more of the victims or the house. Photographs of the house or victims? something brought back from the house? As far as I recall we haven't heard if anything was supposedly missing from the house.
This statement (article link below): "Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety." is concerning and causes me to wonder if there was evidence found of others (other than the known victims; MM, KG, XK, and EC) being targeted/stalked by BK. That would then lead investigators to have to do a lot more victim contacting and interviewing and digital and video research. JMTs on this. Idaho judge seals search warrant for Bryan Kohberger's apartment

This statement (article link below): "Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety." is concerning and causes me to wonder if there was evidence found of others (other than the known victims; MM, KG, XK, and EC) being targeted/stalked by BK. That would then lead investigators to have to do a lot more victim contacting and interviewing and digital and video research. JMTs on this. Idaho judge seals search warrant for Bryan Kohberger's apartment
Also from the document:
"It is estimated the investigation will likely be concluded within two months from this date [Dec 30], so an order sealing the file for that period of time is appropriate and necessary."
Looks like it's temporary.

The only thing that comes to mind for me, would be if a person/company had an "open" wifi. No passcode is needed. Say someone could sit in my drive late at night and use my wifi if I didn't have a passcode set. I do, but just for example. That's the only way that I can see it, other than it is potentially meant, in the way your phone signals bounce off of the carrier towers.
If that happened, your driveway sitter would have to select joining your wifi (it would appear without a lock symbol in the list of available networks; that's true at least on an iPhone). A phone that would automatically join a new network would be very unsafe as far as data security is concerned.

I've posted this before but...
I feel like these murders were predatory in nature. I watch a lot of predators in nature. They don't hunt and kill because they are angry or hate their prey. They hunt and kill because it's their nature. They are feeding a hunger. They target the weak, the vulnerable, the easy prey.
If the description of Kaylee's injuries by her father hadn't have been so much overkill in nature, to my mind, I'd probably totally agree with you. I think anger was involved at least with her. She may have reminded him of someone in his past or she may have fought back substantially. AJMO

what kind of time gap did those involve? ( I haven't read their books nor followed those cases)

the gap between the crimes being committed and the books being published? ( On this Idaho case, looks as if publishers & producers in the Mail want to get their products out quickly.)

Isn't it all too raw? What's a decent time period?

People started writing about the Kennedy assassination almost immediately and everyone rushed to publication with their efforts. Started a small industry, really.

The crucial piece of this book sale is that whoever the author may be, they need access to BK or the book is just going to rehash the public record. Whether any of the families will talk to someone who is also interviewing/getting close to BK, I don't know (I wouldn't).

It’s the oddest language!

My mind went some place dark. Is there something so awful in what they found at his apartment that they fear public outrage? A need for higher security to protect BK? Possible mob action?

Could be a need to protect the families while they are still in the earlier stages of grieving, but somehow, that doesn't seem quite like the reason.

If what they found in his apartment was so damning (things on his computer?), then perhaps they are trying to protect their prisoner?

Assuming he knew D saw him

He logically assumed she had already called the police based on the initial commotion on the 3rd floor or the subsequent commotion on the 2nd floor.

If he thought that she hadn’t called yet he would have likely stayed and killed her.

Believing this explains leaving the sheath behind and his erratic speeding away from the scene cited in the affidavit.

I’m sure he was probably following the news as soon as he turned his cell phone back on and from his laptop. I bet the police will likely recover evidence of that.

After not seeing anything on the news and not being able to sleep he probably took a drive over to see what was going on.

The cognitive dissonance of the scene outside (or the lack thereof) probably broke his brain.
I do completely agree with everything you said, basing that on if he did indeed see D.M.
However I do respectfully disagree and go with the theory that he did not see her. My personal opinion is that the majority of the second floor was in darkness apart from the neon Good Vibes sign in the living room which BK would’ve been facing when approaching. He would’ve been illuminated by this sign, meaning D.M would’ve seen him when opening her bedroom door (we don’t know how far she opened it, my personal belief is that she opened it only slightly enough to peek through but who knows), whereas due to having light in his eyes and his mind on getting out of there he wouldn’t have seen her at all.

Please see the below photos which I hope explains what I think. The dark image would’ve been from the point of view of BK when walking towards DM’s room/the kitchen to exit. Again we don’t know at all whether this is accurate but I imagine this would’ve been his view and as you can see you can’t see DM’s door at all. The lighter image is just explaining the layout. (Hope these photos are okay to put on Mods).

Not dismissing your opinion at all Schooling, just down to personal opinion that’s all

Attachments

• 75B4CF02-1113-495B-9513-5C10A385D6E0.png
    75B4CF02-1113-495B-9513-5C10A385D6E0.png
    96 KB · Views: 70
  • A972888E-895D-4A9B-B31C-3BD082AD5048.png
    A972888E-895D-4A9B-B31C-3BD082AD5048.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 71
Small data packets are exchanged when you see all of those networks. How do you think they are sending their names to you?

This exchange is constantly happening in the background without you knowing it. Assuming that your WiFi is turned on.

Imagine being a Mom of 5 at a crowded sports arena. And you’re not sure if your kids are in attendance. So you call out their names one by one and listen for a response. Everyone else hears you and receives your message. But only your kids respond and come and join you.

Your phones WiFi will keep calling out names and listening until it makes a successful connection and joins a network. The other access points (the strangers in the stadium) may not know your phone but they still exchanged the information.

These tiny little data exchanges is what the police have reportedly captured. Which requires no successful connections. It’s not at all out of the question. Some pro WiFi systems capture this kind of data all of the time. It even includes other information like signal strength etc etc
Ah, interesting! But that doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that the mom was deliberately calling out to the stranger in the third row when she was looking for her kids, correct? Just that her phone was searching for a network to join and she were near another network?

The document gives public safety as one reason for the sealing. Very interesting, IMO. I wonder what that specifcally means.
Perhaps there was the possibility of a confederate, which is still being investigated, and they don't want to give anybody a heads-up. Public safety? He's supposedly the only perp, and he's behind bars. Unless that's just a generic term.

I'll try to tackle this for you.
There are 2 separate issues there, kind of mixed together - cell tower pings and wifi connections.

AFAIK, it has never been stated, by SG or anyone, that BK's cell phone ever connected to the wifi at 1122 King Road.

In the PCA it is stated that BK's phone was utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to the area of 1122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13, 2022.

Call that 12 pings, if you like.

In an interview when commenting on these 12 pings, SG says "and close enough that his phone was touching their wifi".

When I am out and about, my cell phone automatically tries to connect to any nearby wifi. I assume it's a setting you can turn off. When it identifies a nearby wifi signal, it takes note of it in case I want to connect to it. This is "touching".

Take note that I would have to have the password etc to actually connect to a nearby wifi signal, and I assume that BK did not have the password for the router at 1122 King Road. And I doubt he would use it to connect even if he did have it if he had nefarious intentions.

Anyway, it is possible that the router at 1122 King Road kept a log of the various cell phones that were within range and touched it. Undoubtedly LE took the router to examine it for such logs. This may be why the monitor at the crime scene for weeks had this monitor display:

65103403-11487643-While_dozens_of_investigators_have_traipsed_through_the_three_st-a-201_1670213713934.jpg

ETA: Photo source
I am not surprised if the wifi had touching from his phone if it was in the area for an hour at a time as indicated in the PCA.

I do completely agree with everything you said, basing that on if he did indeed see D.M.
However I do respectfully disagree and go with the theory that he did not see her. My personal opinion is that the majority of the second floor was in darkness apart from the neon Good Vibes sign in the living room which BK would’ve been facing when approaching. He would’ve been illuminated by this sign, meaning D.M would’ve seen him when opening her bedroom door (we don’t know how far she opened it, my personal belief is that she opened it only slightly enough to peek through but who knows), whereas due to having light in his eyes and his mind on getting out of there he wouldn’t have seen her at all.

Please see the below photos which I hope explains what I think. The dark image would’ve been from the point of view of BK when walking towards DM’s room/the kitchen to exit. Again we don’t know at all whether this is accurate but I imagine this would’ve been his view and as you can see you can’t see DM’s door at all. The lighter image is just explaining the layout. (Hope these photos are okay to put on Mods).

Not dismissing your opinion at all Schooling, just down to personal opinion that’s all
Exactly. And if you notice, the door to DM's room opens inward, so if it were dark inside she could be peeking out a small crack into whatever ambient light existed at the time. She would have seen him just fine, but he couldn't have seen her.

To identify who’s close enough to connect to a WiFi, would you need to know the IP address? If so how would SG recognize it as BK’s? Does he have cell tower pings confused w/WiFi connections?
I have no idea what SG knows or how he knows it, he kind of shoots from ther hip sometimes. He's suffering a horrible loss, I can't blame him. But it doesn't appear that he is confused, look at the exact wording in the interview.

Reporter: The afadavit also said Kohberger's phone pinged near the girls' home on King Road in Moscow at least twelve times in the months leading up to the murders.

SG: And close enough that he was touching their wifi, that his phone was touching their wifi.

Source video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member