ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you mean by "go to familial DNA".

They had the DNA from the sheath - Suspect Profile.
They had the DNA from the trash at the house where Kohberger was staying.
They compared them and found that the DNA from the trash was 99.99998% likely to be the father of the Suspect Profile.
My thought process was that they had the sheath DNA, and needed a match in order to actually arrest him. When they got his Dad’s DNA (familial), but not BK’s from the trash, that was the final piece to then arrest and obtain BK’s DNA. If the trash DNA was an exact match to the sheath DNA, they would have written that. So they found no BK DNA in the family trash? I find it interesting, although I know zero about how much DNA they would have tested in the trash. Did they go with the first hit they got?

There have now been several stories about him stalking them. The 12x he was near their house in the PCA, the instagram messages, and now the restaurant. All within the realm of reason IMO.
Stalking is pretty specific, and it usually takes very accurate documentation to make an accusation, let alone make it stick. So, facts are important. IIRC, there was someone who established that he had not been following any of them at the time of his arrest so all of the accounts are fakes. He may have been stalking, but not that way.

The instagram messages are not substantiated at this point, so I'm not considering them in my own list of facts.

The 12 pings in the area ARE interesting and I'm waiting to see where that actually locates a person.

It's interesting that there was no one who could remember him at that restaurant for a long time and then suddenly they can. I wonder what jogged their memory.

Not that I disbelieve it, but when I saw images of his parents' house via drone that were published on the local TV station, I had to wonder about the location of the neighbor's trash bin and whether Bryan walked all the way down the long drive in the middle of the night to throw something away.

It seems to me, and this is just all MOO, that any "evidence" BK had to dispose of would have been thrown away long ago. It's not like officers couldn't have gotten his DNA in a dozen other ways.

Here's a still shot from the drone footage from KXLY.

View attachment 396379

If the story is true, there was federal surveillance outside the house 24/7 at that time (before the arrest).

Are you saying that if there were federal LEO's at his residency and they witnessed him take a bag of trash off premises and walk a ways (wearing gloves) in order to (probably illegally) dump into someone else's trash, they should have simply ignored this action of his?

What if that was a lot cleaning material from his car? Tiny amounts of DNA and fibers from the house could still be in that bag.

No LEO worth their salt, IF assigned to watch a potential murderer, is going to just sit and let him get out of sight. Once they see what he has done, why would they not grab that trash?? Sure, it could be nothing, but what if it's something? The job of such officers is to do exactly as it has been reported they did.

No gag order on the PA branch of federal enforcement, either.

Of course he would, since he cleaned the car and there was probably a lot of evidence in there. Makes it super suspicious he didn't use his own trash. IMO. They only were able to look for DNA in the trash AFTER they got a search warrant. Which was after he left for PA. They never specify if it was the neighbor's trash where they got the dad's DNA, but IMO that is exactly where they got it, after watching BK clean his car and empty the trash at the neighbor's. IMO. Also he would have wanted to not throw away stuff in WA and instead waited till he got to PA. IMO.
I don't recall that the cleaning of the car was at or close to the same time as the placing a bag of trash in the neighbor's bin. The FBI or whichever LE was watching the home did not need a warrant to collect the trash. I believe that once you put your garbage out for pickup, it's fair game for LE to collect. They could have collected several bags depending on how often their trash was collected for all we know.

It's possible the bag in the neighbor's bin contained meat and with BK's alleged aversion to meat, he didn't want it to even be in the family bin and that could also explain why he wore gloves when he carried it out. If it's true he didn't want his food prepared in cookware that had been used to prepare meat, he may have gone to further extremes with it. I doubt it but it's another way to look at it.

I believe the auto cleaning remnants, if any, were possibly burned in what looks to be a fireplace of some sort on the garage side of the Kohberger family home. He may have burned several things brought back from Pullman but that's just speculation on my part.

jmo

It could have a big effect on things. Nothing from it was mentioned as evidence in the PCA, but maybe we'll see it later. When looking at a suspect, all the trash must be raked, but him just putting it in someone else's trash may not be the mark of a criminal.
This was on ABCNews: Federal investigators saw Idaho quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger throw out garbage into neighbors' trash bins in the middle of the night as they surveilled him in Pennsylvania in the days leading up to his arrest, a law enforcement source told ABC News.

Oh this is interesting (and distressing). I assumed all the accounts were fake -- it sounds like one MIGHT have actually been him.

Edit to say, I wonder if he was also following D or B? He might have known Maddie and Xana from Mad Greek, but he apparently followed Kaylee and the girls regularly tagged all of the roommates in Instagram pictures.

do you mean the crim.kohberger one or any particular one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Independent
Andrea Blanco
1/19/2023

Could Bryan Kohberger get the death penalty?​

If convicted of the four murders, Mr Kohberger faces the possibility of lethal injection, should the prosecution seek the death penalty.
In the state of Idaho, the maximum sentence for first-degree murder is death and the suspect is facing four counts of this charge.
While the Latah County prosecutor has not yet confirmed whether or not he plans to seek the death penalty in the case and he is unlikely to show his hand over the coming weeks due to the gag order now in place.
Goncalves’ parents have already said that they want their daughter’s killer to be sentenced to death saying he “has to pay” for what he has done.
“If you want to play god’s role, you’re gonna have to go answer to him,” Steve told NewsNation in early-January.

Bryan Kohberger search warrant highlights missing evidence in Idaho murders
I feel so much sympathy for those parents.
They are already facing a lifetime of unending grief !

I don't know what to make of the instagram stalking. As of right now, I'm holding out on believing it.

If I change my Instagram user name, everything I've done in the past would then switch to my new name. Then - if I change that new name to something else, my other one will appear as a deleted user. Example: last year I slid into someone's messaging and said, "Hey, you're cute". Then, a few months later I changed my user name, that message would show my new name. So someone could have messaged a victim using another name, then changed their name to BK and it would look like it was BK messaging them last year.

When you change your username, everything within the app will automatically switch over to your new account name. So all of your previous comments, mentions, and likes will display your new username.

However, if someone attempts to find your profile and tries to search for your old username, they will get a notification that reads “user not found.” That alert might lead them to believe that you’ve deleted or deactivated your Instagram account.

Can people see your previous Instagram names?​

No. Once you’ve changed your Instagram name, people will only be able to see your current username. There is no way for them to access your previous usernames.

I have trusted many unnamed sources and been one myself.
I was a reporter in another phase of my career long ago now. As a reporter, I totally agree. More than 15 years after my reporter days, and with the sea change brought about by the internet and social media since I am much warier of unnamed sources.

That said, I really, really hope these damning sources are correct. JMO

What it describes on the last page is "Pennsylvania Agents recovering trash from the BCK's parents residence to analyze for the DNA match to the sheath. Nothing about BCK throwing trash away anywhere.

Just asking: does it matter where he threw it? The main takeaway is DNA in the trash showed a familial link, which led to Kohberger's arrest.

Can people see your previous Instagram names?​

No. Once you’ve changed your Instagram name, people will only be able to see your current username. There is no way for them to access your previous usernames.
Yep, no intsagram accounts on the WayBack machine. Luckily, if BK did indeed have an account that followed any of the victims, they could get a warrant for that info from Instagram, no? Hope so.

I don't recall that the cleaning of the car was at or close to the same time as the placing a bag of trash in the neighbor's bin. The FBI or whichever LE was watching the home did not need a warrant to collect the trash. I believe that once you put your garbage out for pickup, it's fair game for LE to collect. They could have collected several bags depending on how often their trash was collected for all we know.

It's possible the bag in the neighbor's bin contained meat and with BK's alleged aversion to meat, he didn't want it to even be in the family bin and that could also explain why he wore gloves when he carried it out. If it's true he didn't want his food prepared in cookware that had been used to prepare meat, he may have gone to further extremes with it. I doubt it but it's another way to look at it.

I believe the auto cleaning remnants, if any, were possibly burned in what looks to be a fireplace of some sort on the garage side of the Kohberger family home. He may have burned several things brought back from Pullman but that's just speculation on my part.

jmo

"On Dec. 27, agents recovered items from the Kohbergers’ garbage bins and the bags they saw him put into the neighbors’ bins — and the contents were sent to the Idaho Crime Lab."

This was on ABCNews: Federal investigators saw Idaho quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger throw out garbage into neighbors' trash bins in the middle of the night as they surveilled him in Pennsylvania in the days leading up to his arrest, a law enforcement source told ABC News.
CNN cited multiple sources. Remember that there were at least 3 LE agencies cooperating--PA State Police, FBI, and Moscow PD--prior to the arrest. We definitely know there was surveillance and it was the feds that saw it but the LE source could come from anywhere. The PCA says for certain they took garbage from the Kohberger home. It was likely a planned leak since we also know that PA State Police also had 3 warrants for his arrest plus the house and car. Why would they NOT take the garbage they saw thrown out, which did NOT require a warrant? Common sense.

It's fine to mistrust mainstream media quoting unnamed LE sources while the investigation is going on, but from the arrest on out there is an advantage to them NOT talking so as to protect the court case. So I believe these multiple reports from multiple news orgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves