ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might have been the other way around. I think he chose to study criminology to justify his dark obsessions. I think he was a bad seed from the get go and would have ended up a murderer no matter what. Whether or not girls were mean to him, whether or not he was bullied, whether or not he studied criminology. I think he was a total jerk, people didn’t like him and he was and is just a BAD PERSON. MOO
His 12th grade teacher said that he was always interested in police work, would talk to her about it and described him as a normal, talented kid. She thought he would end up being a police officer or a correctional officer.
IMO his early interest was not necessarily driven by something dark.

Yeah. With the bullying ones, I suspect it's not just about the bullies, but the ones who enfranchise them, ignore their actions and support them. I suspect it's systematic as opposed to being focused on specific people

I know it's complex but I would love to see bullying addressed and mass school shootings become a thing of the past. One can have hope right?

I think it’s becoming more and more clear that LE was likely playing mind games with BK. Seems like the sort of thing an FBI profiler would carefully guide after they learned who he was and what he was about.

I think LE purposely misidentified the car as a 2013. Knowing that the nuances between that and the 2015 model would not be appreciated by most people. And that the public would still submit tips of any and all white Elantras. I think this purposeful misidentification with no attempt to educate the public on the differences is represented in their choice to put out a stock photo instead of an actual still from the video(s).

The reason for this misidentification? To put BK at ease. I still believe that he had been identified by LE within the first 2 weeks of the investigation from his license plate. And they dug through his life and released the Elantra flyer while waiting for the DNA to come back. There was hope that the flyer would illicit tips connecting BK to the crime without having tk mention his name and/or baiting him to come forward to clear his name under the guise of offering LE help. Getting closer to the investigation. As the profiler likely informed police he might.

The subsequent “22,000” Elantra’s press release always seemed oddly specific to me. As if it was carefully crafted. I think this was also done to put BK at ease and feed his ego. “LE is looking for 22,000 2013 Hyunda Elantras! Mine isn’t in that bunch”. I also suspect another reason they went with a stock photo is that they likely had identifying features or a plate that would have given away that they were on to him.

Why didn’t they want to spook BK? It’s not everyday you have a quadruple homicide suspect in your sights but don’t have enough to confidently arrest him considering circumstances. So they were buying time. I believe at this point they likely had cell phone info, his utility usage at his apartment that night, videos and other evidence putting him out of his house and near or at the crime scene. But how can they be confident with unknown DNA still floating around? So again, they bought time. To make sure the DNA (likely waiting on familial, this wait can be unpredictable) backed up their evidence before making an arrest. As the entire world was watching.
I totally agree. Precisely one week after the murders, I told my sisters they know exactly who did this. I think every word uttered by LE has been calculated knowing the suspect was just 10 miles away but not knowing if and when he might try to cut and run. I think that Chief Fry and one or two others were just nervous as all get out at the first few press conferences. They got a lot better at it! Bravo to MPD, the FBI, and all the state LE support for how astutely they pulled this off. 100 some off detectives, agents, investigators, analysts, and nary a leak.

I know it's complex but I would love to see bullying addressed and mass school shootings become a thing of the past. One can have hope right?
100% It's clearly a problem and you see it show up in all sorts of social ills related to the entitlement and actions of the bullies and the actions of their victims.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think his looking older than his age is the result of sickly thinnes.

JMO

sickly things like drugs? and dark thoughts? I would agree that will take a toll on people. Why do I imagine he spent many nights stalking pretty girls and didn't sleep much?
He might even convinced himself he was doing research even.

What I found interesting in the article you posted (also linked below) is:

Kohberger’s father traveled with him from Washington state to Pennsylvania, according to the public defender and a person who claims to have interacted with the father and son earlier in December.

That person, who asked not to be identified, said they did not know the father and son but engaged in friendly conversation with them at an auto maintenance shop on December 16 in Pennsylvania, while the two were getting their Elantra serviced. (A separate person also confirmed to CNN the father and son did business at the location on December 16.)

The father told the individual he flew to Washington state and made the cross-country trip with Kohberger, adding his son would be traveling to the west coast alone after the holidays.

I wonder why they did that? I also wonder if this is the first time the father did that for/with BK. It just seems a little odd to me. I wouldn't have my parent fly out so they could make the drive to my parents house together.

Considering they were driving across the country in the winter, it makes sense that a concerned parent would fly to assist in the driving to get his kid home. I would have done the same.
December 13 - 16, 2022: Long Duration Winter Storm

I totally agree. Precisely one week after the murders, I told my sisters they know exactly who did this. I think every word uttered by LE has been calculated knowing the suspect was just 10 miles away but not knowing if and when he might try to cut and run. I think that Chief Fry and one or two others were just nervous as all get out at the first few press conferences. They got a lot better at it! Bravo to MPD, the FBI, and all the state LE support for how astutely they pulled this off. 100 some off detectives, agents, investigators, analysts, and nary a leak.

I'm impressed by their police work! I am so relieved they arrested him. I did fear they did not know who the suspect was because he was a stranger (no connection), and the DNA didn't lead to anyone. Incomplete, not usable.

Former Pennsylvania classmates of Idaho murder suspect Bryan Christopher Kohberger said he was an intellectual who "was very interested in the way the mind works" but bullied for being overweight and socially awkward.

In his home state, he was known as a genius who was socially awkward and had a tough time picking up on social cues, a couple of his former classmates told Fox News Digital.

"He's really, really intelligent. A bright kid . . . someone who stood out even in honors and high-level classes," his NCC friend said.

if I were the police, I’d pay a visit to the Easton carmax, 45 minutes from the parents house. His Elantra (per google) would trade in for $12kish, so his options on getting another similarly priced car would be best at a big establishment like carmax. Wonder if anyone had called recently to make an appt for getting a turn in estimate?

I wonder if anyone actually responded to BK's online survey? Thinking if he had any responses he could have made a playbook in advance in order to plan out potential personal reactions and his idea of how to combat them. JMO

when his name first dropped on 30th & before Reddit pulled the page I was sure that there was a ton of replies from supposed cons.

I stupidly didn't take screenshots so I can't verify or go back & double check

Interesting possibility if he was the one calling in the noise complaints, using a burner phone. If so, I wonder if he was ALSO the one calling in the 3 am complaint about noisy drunkenness at Bend Field the morning of 11/13.
Why would he want to have police responding to an incident near the scene of his crimes near the time of the murders?

I agree. It's been extensively discussed and while some sleuthers find it strange, many of us don't find it weird at all. I'd do the same for my kids. No way would I encourage cross country traveling alone, for anyone. Too much risk, IMO.
Well I actually do find it strange, but not with what we know now. (He had to get that car out of there b/c of what he’d done!) I think, generally speaking, it’s a little unusual for a 28 year old man to not just drive himself home. Yes, it’s a long way, but it’s asking ALOT for a parent to fly all the way across country just to drive back all the way across the country in possible bad winter weather when he was going to have to turn around and drive back again alone across the
country in just a few weeks. It’s nonsensical to me when most people would just fly home for the holidays and then back after.

It only makes sense to me because of what we know. If he killed 4 people and the cops are searching for his car, of course he would want to get it out asap. I can only guess his father was concerned for some reason and that’s why he made the trip with him.

Everyine is focused on DNA at present. DNA will pin him to murders, moo, but it is not going to be only DNA that will incriminate him. LE now have his computer, books, notes, clothes, the car he was driving. If he is their guy, and they appear to be fairly certain of it, there will be other components attributing to not only to his arrest, but also his conviction.

He may ordered online the knife, gloves, suit and his computer will be willing to provide the information.

I am curious what was that one fatal mistake he made at the crime scene and that was mentioned few times. I doubt LE is bluffing on this one.

He made mistakes, but he is not stupid and will play hard, unless he is pinned down with evidence which is hard to dispute or to explain in more than one way that he may use to confuse.

Does anyone know if there are any cameras around blocks of flats in the uni campus where he lives in Pullman?

Your post got me thinking of the material that LE could find on BK's computer, notes, etc. His defense lawyer will no doubt argue that some of the material is related to his academic studies, to his program, research, etc. Even the creepy survey he posted on social media, it looked like it was approved by two faculty members, IIRC.

DH and I discussed this yesterday. I doubt that authorities would risk losing the perp on any type of ground transportation that could take several days, so he will likely be flown to Idaho on a government/military plane accompanied by U.S. marshals. JMO
Agree. Another poster responded similarly re transporting BK back to Idaho. Government airplane seems logical answer. I imagine land vehicle or commercial airline would create too great a risk. I'd hate for authorities to loose this guy now.

Not sure where these "reporters" get their info, but BK was seen wearing gloves after the attack (as to not leave his fingerprints anywhere) and his cell phone was known to "ping" around the victims a lot before the attack.

I am always suspicious of unnamed sources "close to the investigation" waiting for more concrete confirmation of this information. Maybe it will be covered in the PC warrant when it is released on BK's booking into Idaho.

JMO, I do not think BK noticed one of the female victims at a college event, or through the sorority, or at a party. I think he most likely saw her at her restaurant job, and was attracted to her. Maybe he stalked her and followed her home after work to find out where she lived. One of the females reportedly felt she had a stalker. It could be he turned up at the restaurant too often, asked for her specifically, or made an inappropriate comment to her.

Anyway, that's MOO. I also think BK needed to bring the car home to his parents for some reason they undoubtedly know about...if the car was registered to his parents, they might have needed it back for the emissions test, or perhaps they wanted to sell it. Maybe the car needed something done by January 1st. I personally find it odd his dad drove cross country with him, and even the fact that he had a car registered to his parents. At age 28, I feel like he should've had his own car.

Agree. Another poster responded similarly re transporting BK back to Idaho. Government airplane seems logical answer. I imagine land vehicle or commercial airline would create too great a risk. I'd hate for authorities to loose this guy now.

he would love to pull a Bundy and go on the run. He's a huge flight/suicide risk mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikishaF