ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
This interaction seems strange or unusual in a way. The officer seems to be asking a lot of questions for someone only pulled over for tailgating. JMO. The few times I've been pulled over, there was no where near this level of questioning; although maybe it's because they were in an out of state car? Again JMO.
The officer told them they were following a tractor-trailer too closely.

I wonder if the truck driver was aware of the LE search for "occupants of a white Hyundai Elantra who might have critical information" and called his tailgaters in when he spotted them behind him.

Also, perhaps, checking for signs of impairment or substance use. And yes, out of state makes a difference. I was pulled over in AZ twice in one night (near Tombstone, during some militia activity that I had gone to observe, I'm sure it was my out of state plates). Chatty officer there, too, plus he really liked using his flashlight. I had stupidly failed to stick my new registration sticker on my plate and was therefore 1 day past its expiry date (got two fix-it tickets). However, I've never been stopped back home for the same thing and got all the way home without any local police stopping me.

Later, when interacting by phone with the AZ DMV, a nice woman told me that yeah, there's more scrutiny for out-of-state plates. Makes sense, really. I was really close to the border, late at night, I do not look Anglo-European, etc.
For what it’s worth I was stopped for the first time ever in my life for speeding in my home state (Texas) and was asked where I was coming from and where I was going even though I was a 60-year-old woman with her 60-year-old husband. Of course, I was hopping’ mad I had been stopped and he knew it so maybe he thought he could calm me down by acting “interested.” Tried to shame him by telling him I was going to see my mom in the dementia center…must have worked as I got a warning.

Its possible but I think not. The first officer may have been a fed but the second had no clue. Why on earth would they not take him by the side of the road if they had enough evidence at that time? Instead wait and do a much higher risk raid on a home? Makes no sense to me what you are saying. Could you please elaborate?
LE does what they are told to do by their superiors. You ever hear the term “need to know”? All the highway patrol needed to know was to watch for him. No arrest was called for at that time. I also never said they had all the evidence for an arrest at that time. Would you wish they had arrested him only to see him let go and walk? Like I said, everyone played it brilliantly.

My suggestion to the rash is latex allergy.

Allergic contact dermatitis usually resolves within two to four weeks after the allergen is eliminated, although it can take more time in some cases.

Excellent observation! Especially if he continued wearing them when out shopping after the crimes, as has been discussed here.
JMO

I absolutely agree, these stops were played beautifully. They had him under surveillance and knew of his whereabouts at all times as the drive to PA was being done. I think they stopped him to just get eyes on him as well as see his reaction or what his state of mind would be.
I think it's just a coincidence.
Its so easy to track someone on highways that there's no need to pull him over.

I believe both Indiana officers knew this car was under surveillance. Everyone played this so well. Waiting until BK got home to arrest him and having a search warrant for him and his parents home is priceless. Would love to know what all was found.
I wonder if there was an order for a tracking devise to be placed on the vehicle during one of those 2 stops.

Yes, but they are on the job focusing on their beat. Additionally, Washington is not Idaho. The cop would need to realize that Pullman is only 10 miles from Moscow, Idaho to make a connection.

The cop? US Western states might well be the size of some European countries. I am living in WA, and I never knew that Pullman, WA was next to Moscow, Idaho. E-W Washington is 360 miles, plus the Cascades and the passes. To see WA own replica of the Stonehenge, it is easier to take I-5 to Oregon, then follow the Historic Columbia River Highway (built by Sam Hill), then cross back to WA. And you are still in the middle of the state.

The officer told them they were following a tractor-trailer too closely.

I wonder if the truck driver was aware of the LE search for "occupants of a white Hyundai Elantra who might have critical information" and called his tailgaters in when he spotted them behind him.

Drafting maybe.

I hated it, too close for me.

Jmo

From an aviation standpoint, this route doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Maybe it was the low ceilings in Wisconsin?
If he was on this aircraft that landed in Champaign, he's only 30% of the way there.

Attachments

• KAVP-KCMI-KPUW_with weather.JPG
    KAVP-KCMI-KPUW_with weather.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors