ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor OR

OR Is not the Boolean operator to be used in this case. It must be logical AND, both present.

AND a little but more than that, such as motive, weapon, preparations, to obtain conviction.

Just think, what if the car is clear of any DNA of any if the victims? The whole Boolean expression will collapse and reduce to 0 outcome.

Motive not needed.
Weapon not needed—LE HAS the cause of death
Preparations not needed—‘premeditated’ is much less than ‘preplanned.’

MOO

If the Moscow Police Criminal Complaint and PCA were already filed in Latah County District Court, I think BK's public defender, Anne Taylor, probably received a copy just as soon as she filed notice as his counsel.

Since we know she inspected the crime scene on Tuesday-- on behalf of her client, I doubt the DA would make her wait for the formal appointment by the court as BK's public defender.

By Idaho Statute, the probable cause affidavit is currently sealed and cannot be unsealed for public release until BK is returned to Idaho and is served with the arrest warrant for four counts of first-degree murder and one count of burglary.

Just as I don't doubt that Anne Taylor was instrumental in the gag order by Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall on January 3, 2023, I think it likely that at most, the only document that will be unsealed and released to the public after BK's initial hearing will be the Arrest Warrant/Police Complaint, and the PCA will remain sealed until the parties can agree to appropriate redaction for the protection of victims, and until Taylor can discuss the charges with her client.

IMO, it's really going to hinge on the length and content of the PCA.

Given the nature of this high-profile case, I think the Court will give extraordinary consideration to the victims when making the decision not to immediately unseal the PCA.

Unlike the media, the Court recognizes there are four murder victims and four impacted families that are victims when rendering a decision.

TITLE 19 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 53 - COMPENSATION OF VICTIMS OF CRIMES
19-5306. RIGHTS OF VICTIM DURING INVESTIGATION, PROSECUTION, AND DISPOSITION OF THE CRIME. (1) Each victim of a criminal or juvenile offense shall be:

[..]

(2) Upon the filing of a criminal complaint or juvenile petition, the prosecuting attorney shall inform the victim of the various opportunities provided by this section. The victim may exercise any of the rights provided by this section by completing a written request on a form provided by the prosecuting attorney to the clerk of the district court. The clerk thereafter shall notify the appropriate authorities of the victim’s requests. Notice thereafter shall be given to the victim at the address provided unless the victim subsequently provides a different address. The victim’s address shall be kept confidential by the court except for carrying out the provisions of this chapter.

(3) The provisions of this section shall apply equally to the immediate families of homicide victims or immediate families of victims of such youthful age or incapacity as precludes them from exercising these rights personally. The court may designate a representative from the immediate family to exercise these rights on behalf of a deceased, incapacitated, or minor victim.

(4) Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a court to dismiss a case, to set aside or void a finding of guilt or an acceptance of a plea of guilty, or to obtain appellate, habeas corpus, or other relief from any criminal judgment, for a violation of the provisions of this section; nor be construed as creating a cause of action for money damages, costs or attorney’s fees against the state, a county, a municipality, any agency, instrumentality or person; nor be construed as limiting any rights for victims previously conferred by statute; nor be construed to require the court appointment of legal counsel or the payment of transportation costs.

(5) As used in this section:
(a) "Victim" is an individual who suffers direct or threatened physical, financial or emotional harm as the result of the commission of a crime or juvenile offense;
(b) "Criminal offense" is any charged felony or a misdemeanor involving physical injury, or the threat of physical injury, or a sexual offense;
(c) "Juvenile offense" is charged conduct that is a violation of law that brings a juvenile within the purview of chapter 5, title 20, Idaho Code, and which conduct committed by a juvenile would be a felony if committed by an adult.
Talk to me like I’m 5. When will we get the affidavit?

I am very curious as to where the final destination landing/airport will be. I cannot imagine they will, for security purposes mostly, even consider landing at the Pullman/Moscow airport. It is small and surrounded by rolling hills with only a few roads out to Moscow. I flew out of there twice, years ago. I speculate that they will find a smaller airport nearby which would be least suspected and then drive.

My understanding from a previous post some made here a bit ago is that the media is already waiting at the Pullman/Moscow airport.

I have been looking at small airports in a radius of about 25 miles from Moscow and Colfax, WA could be a possibility,

Just speculating. No matter where they land they are going to have to drive into Moscow from wherever they land. This will likely be under the cover of darkness, especially since it appears he will not arrive in that area until early evening at best.
I live in the area. Walla Walla is close, Colfax is probably too small. Lewiston/Clarkston is probably the winner, Spokane and tricities are also contenders but will take a couple hour car ride. We are in an area where oregon, washington and idaho sit within minutes of each other. This geographic triangle makes it fun for finding medical records as people hop from state to state.

If the Moscow Police Criminal Complaint and PCA were already filed in Latah County District Court, I think BK's public defender, Anne Taylor, probably received a copy just as soon as she filed notice as his counsel.

Since we know she inspected the crime scene on Tuesday-- on behalf of her client, I doubt the DA would make her wait for the formal appointment by the court as BK's public defender.

By Idaho Statute, the probable cause affidavit is currently sealed and cannot be unsealed for public release until BK is returned to Idaho and is served with the arrest warrant for four counts of first-degree murder and one count of burglary.

Just as I don't doubt that Anne Taylor was instrumental in the gag order by Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall on January 3, 2023, I think it likely that at most, the only document that will be unsealed and released to the public after BK's initial hearing will be the Arrest Warrant/Police Complaint, and the PCA will remain sealed until the parties can agree to appropriate redaction for the protection of victims, and until Taylor can discuss the charges with her client.

IMO, it's really going to hinge on the length and content of the PCA.

Given the nature of this high-profile case, I think the Court will give extraordinary consideration to the victims when making the decision not to immediately unseal the PCA.

Unlike the media, the Court recognizes there are four murder victims and four impacted families that are victims when rendering a decision.

TITLE 19 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 53 - COMPENSATION OF VICTIMS OF CRIMES
19-5306. RIGHTS OF VICTIM DURING INVESTIGATION, PROSECUTION, AND DISPOSITION OF THE CRIME. (1) Each victim of a criminal or juvenile offense shall be:

[..]

(2) Upon the filing of a criminal complaint or juvenile petition, the prosecuting attorney shall inform the victim of the various opportunities provided by this section. The victim may exercise any of the rights provided by this section by completing a written request on a form provided by the prosecuting attorney to the clerk of the district court. The clerk thereafter shall notify the appropriate authorities of the victim’s requests. Notice thereafter shall be given to the victim at the address provided unless the victim subsequently provides a different address. The victim’s address shall be kept confidential by the court except for carrying out the provisions of this chapter.

(3) The provisions of this section shall apply equally to the immediate families of homicide victims or immediate families of victims of such youthful age or incapacity as precludes them from exercising these rights personally. The court may designate a representative from the immediate family to exercise these rights on behalf of a deceased, incapacitated, or minor victim.

(4) Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a court to dismiss a case, to set aside or void a finding of guilt or an acceptance of a plea of guilty, or to obtain appellate, habeas corpus, or other relief from any criminal judgment, for a violation of the provisions of this section; nor be construed as creating a cause of action for money damages, costs or attorney’s fees against the state, a county, a municipality, any agency, instrumentality or person; nor be construed as limiting any rights for victims previously conferred by statute; nor be construed to require the court appointment of legal counsel or the payment of transportation costs.

(5) As used in this section:
(a) "Victim" is an individual who suffers direct or threatened physical, financial or emotional harm as the result of the commission of a crime or juvenile offense;
(b) "Criminal offense" is any charged felony or a misdemeanor involving physical injury, or the threat of physical injury, or a sexual offense;
(c) "Juvenile offense" is charged conduct that is a violation of law that brings a juvenile within the purview of chapter 5, title 20, Idaho Code, and which conduct committed by a juvenile would be a felony if committed by an adult.

just re this aspect
'Given the nature of this high-profile case, I think the Court will give extraordinary consideration to the victims when making the decision not to immediately unseal the PCA.'

I wonder if all the victims' parents will be on the same page

Bodycam from first pullover - The police asked him twice where they are heading. BK said they are heading to get Thai food both times. It was his Dad that chimed in the with both the place of origin and final destination. BK's body language is telling - he did a lot of heavy blinking and nodding. Processing overload.

Editing to add that when the trooper says he is pulling him over for tailgating you can see a bit of cockiness in BKs body language. Like he was just realizing it wasn't that serious.

Last edited:
Saw pullman airport wouldn’t they land there? Different state.?
Pullman/Moscow airport is outside of Pullman, in an area called "The Palouse" because everything around Pullman and Moscow is rolling hills of mainly Wheat. That airport is also about 6 miles from Moscow, with what looks like only one road to take to Moscow. If they are truly concerned about security and a massive media presence, this airport would not be a good choice, this is absolutely MOO.

I live in the area. Walla Walla is close, Colfax is probably too small. Lewiston/Clarkston is probably the winner, Spokane and tricities are also contenders but will take a couple hour car ride. We are in an area where oregon, washington and idaho sit within minutes of each other. This gepgraphic triangle amkes it fun for finding medical records as people hop from state to state.
When the aircraft is close, monitor the flight tracker for the airport of destination. Probably one refuel stop from IL possibly Rapid City

Not arguing with you. Just thinking out loud. If he’s exonerated then i imagine he could go back. But for the time being there’s no point in keeping him on as a student - innocent or not innocent, he can’t attend classes and he can’t get his phd in jail.

Also, it’s possible the criminology professor knows a little more of what they have on him or has put together some loose ends herself simply from knowing and teaching and working with him. She may have shared these things with the the higher ups and of course law enforcement. They higher ups at the university may already KNOW know he’s guilty. But again, even if they don’t, he can’t participate so what’s the point of calling him a student for this semester?

If found innocent i suppose they would consider taking him back. But i doubt he’d WANT to return to that university/area ….

Bryan says they’re going for Thai food
The dad at some point talks about they are going to PA the pocono mountains and says they’ve been driving for “hours…days…”
Thank you! I wasn't sure what Bryan said about going for thai food and that the dad said Pocono. It's probably correct but because I couldn't quite make it out I didn't want to guess.

yes I can but it's still the cornerstone of your criminal justice system? presumed innocent until.......
IMO, the university has the option to drop someone from a graduate program, if said student brings negative or detrimental attention to your university, it's program or its ability to ensure the safety of its employees and students. At the very least, his tenure there and participation should be suspended until he is found guilty or not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandasleuth