ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
They brought in a German Shepherd, but there are no crime scene markers as a result of that search. IMO, I would have brought in another dog just to see if the German Shepherd missed anything. The unsub got in and out of the house somehow. It is hard for me to believe there is ZERO transfer evidence somewhere outside the house considering it was a bloody mess inside.
That's what baffles me.

Do we have a source for the dog apparently not barking? And if it was from the survivors can we be sure they would have 100% heard the dog anyway if say it was on the third floor and they were on the lower level? No barking also doesn’t mean no growling. Just thinking out loud MOO

And no barking might mean cowering in a corner. Not all dogs are barky. Since he was living in a ‘no dogs allowed’ place, he might have even been trained to not bark.

MOO

I’m not sure higher education is a defining trait for serial killers- but it may help defined their victims.
Doctor and nursing serial killers have higher education- their victims typically patients

These guys didn’t go to college, but preyed on female college Students.
Danny Rollings
Richard Speck
Ed Kemper
Richard Ramirez

IMO
Richard Ramirez? The Night Stalker? He attacked several couples and all attacks were in houses. I live in Orange County, CA at the time of his killings and although his early kills were up North and LA area, when he hit in Mission Viejo, we were all terrified. It was summer and very hot and we didn't have AC except a Wall unit in the Dining Room. We were afraid to leave aby windows open. Scary time.

I find it interesting that LE seems to be focusing on recent fixed blade purchases. Perhaps they are just covering their bases here. But it could also be that there was evidence that it’s a newer model. Otherwise, who’s to say it’s not a knife someone has had for years or even one found in the home?
It occurred to me that s/he is probably attached to this knife and would not want to toss it IMO.

Narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury are terms used by forensic psychiatrists in describing pathological narcissism. Here's what it looks like when it factors into murder.

Absolutely…Narcissists cannot handle rejection, and a lot of times , covert narcissists especially project an image as a successful perfect person but in private they are nasty, mean etc. when they are exposed by a friend, spouse etc for who they really are, they lash out, will smear the person who exposed them and make their life a living hell. Their egos are so fragile that they cannot handle being exposed and if backed into a corner by being exposed or rejected - they can lash out in terrible ways…think of Jodi Arias she would be a classic example.

MOO……I keep going back to the dog not barking and the fact that there is no reward. I think LE likely knows who it is, now it’s just a matter of gathering evidence/putting it all together.
If they have several hundred (?) dna samples, and they need to analyze and compare them to known visitors, that will just take awhile.

Being not american, can anyone answer a knife question for me. Would it have to be a pretty quality expensive knife? After seeing the coroner say the wounds were chest area it made me think, a mid range knife would surely break? Is it common for people to have decent level knives or just hunters etc. Where i live its illegal to have any kind of bladed weapon on you in public so its baffling for me
It’s as easy as buying a pack of gum. I just loaded google with “buy kbar knife” and besides the wide array available on Amazon, these websites popped up.

Also, one could use a knife already in the household for hunting or go to a sporting goods store and buy one immediately.

It’s apart of our culture and most people don’t use them the way in which this one was used.

4ABDF8D2-4969-4DC4-A828-500868425D8E.png0129E2E4-5C2D-4370-90D8-1969FB85E4A5.png

Neighbors said there were frequent parties at the house and lots of people over. I watched the heartbreaking videos of the girls, Murphy and Ethan in happy times. Murphy was more than likely use to lots of noise, loud voices, etc and may not have reacted to the chaos during the stabbings like a dog that is use to a quiet environment would have.

How exactly could anyone “scare off” a homicidal person engaged in a brutal, fatal attack? Unless the motive is not fueled by sudden, out of control frenzy but more about what a deranged mind searches for, connecting obscure dots known only to him and thereby identifying unsuspecting and defenseless Target/s.
There are significant parallels IMO between these crimes.
..During Travis’ murder, a friend was sleeping in another room. The friend was staying over to pet-sit because the couple were supposed to go on a trip to Hawaii the next day. The friend was woken by the commotion and is believed to have scared off the attacker, before calling 911.

…a pet dog was also left unharmed in her son’s home when he was killed.

I'm curious where all these room assignments are coming from.
I don't think we are sure, which is why I used the words "are thought." I think a case could be made for E&X to be in either room, although that location is nearest a bathroom, which is the one I would pick, if I had a choice between them (as a renter). However, the other bedroom on the 2nd level is directly underneath M's room and closer to the sliding kitchen door and stairs from 2nd to 3rd level, so it might make it more likely the killer awakened E&X, giving them a little more time to fight back.

Snipped.

The operative phrase in your first sentence is right now.

What you're saying about the insulating and sealing features would absolutely not be true of an older home, in my experience. Most older homes didn't even use pressurized lumber for the sills. (I don't know what the codes say, but pressurized lumber really isn't necessary unless the house is on a slab; if the house has a foundation that rises about ground level, like most houses with basements do, then the exterior cladding should be sufficient to keep the sills dry.)
It "should" have been sealed in the manner you describe; however, it "might" have been constructed poorly. :)

I don't think we are sure, which is why I used the words "are thought." I think a case could be made for E&X to be in either room, although that location is nearest a bathroom, which is the one I would pick, if I had a choice between them (as a renter). However, the other bedroom on the 2nd level is directly underneath M's room and closer to the sliding kitchen door and stairs from 2nd to 3rd level, so it might make it more likely the killer awakened E&X, giving them a little more time to fight back.
I think we know which room belonged to E and X because of 1) the window that police paid an extraordinary amount attention to 2) the blood dripping out of that room and down the side of the house and 3) the ladder placed beneath the catwalk that led to the window of that room, which could have been placed by the police, investigating the window, or by the murderer, using that window as an exit.

Absolutely…Narcissists cannot handle rejection, and a lot of times , covert narcissists especially project an image as a successful perfect person but in private they are nasty, mean etc. when they are exposed by a friend, spouse etc for who they really are, they lash out, will smear the person who exposed them and make their life a living hell. Their egos are so fragile that they cannot handle being exposed and if backed into a corner by being exposed or rejected - they can lash out in terrible ways…think of Jodi Arias she would be a classic example.
As someone with a diagnosed narcissist in the family, this is very accurate IMO. False image of success, fragile ego that absolutely goes insane if called out.

I understand Kaylee‘s anguish family trying desperately for clues and help, but they really need to stop giving information that could compromise their ultimate goal. I’m sure that people have already thought of this, way too many posts here of course, but one thought is that just because the two girls were spared doesn’t mean they were not on the list as well. Maybe something startled the killer or killers and he got up out of there. It doesn’t mean that he didn’t plan to go down to the first floor as well, especially if he was targeting that house and knew The layout and who lived there and who was home at that time, which would likely be everyone. It’s not a coincidence that someone waited until everyone would be asleep, not the least of which is it could be a stalker who was watching from the woods and saw all the lights go out and waited until they figured someone was asleep. But my point is we don’t know if there is a reason. It seems to me that if someone did know them, why would they leave those two girls alive so that when cops look at the scene, they figure that the killer had a beef with the ones he killed and purposely left the other two alive, and the dog.

Of course, for someone to go into a blinding rage like that, maybe all logic was out the window so I understand we have to keep that in mind as well.

Last edited:
I'm at the very start diving in to this case, so Im sorry if this has been discussed. I'm just curious if it is normal (in US) for LE to be the first responder when there's a call about unconscious person? I would imagine it rather be a medical unit.

I think it’s very likely that the 911 operator, besides coding the call as ‘unconscious,’ passed a message to LE that made them think they should go in first.

Or, they were the first to arrive, so of course they went in, rather than waiting for the medical personnel.

MOO

Last edited:
Bingo here IMO. This is also why I think LE is taunting with the "messy" statements. The killer enjoyed the planning and execution. If you've ever watched someone prep for an EMT shift, ER shift, SAR event, etc., that's the degree of planning and organization to which I'm referring. I think to them it may be like mise en place for a proficient baker, for ex. ICBW, probably am, but interesting that this profiler who has only info from media, too, has stated so much of this. Also very scary. In the cases of the other two 13th murders linked above in OR and WA, both on Friday or a weekend, maybe the person has a day job and the money to pursue their interests in their off times.
Oops. My comment relates to the interview with Mary O’toole published with the post
.One of the most enlightening interviews so far.
The expert suggests an Instrumental killer,
psychopath, high risk of repeating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads