ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know how I feel about any of this. I can’t expect a parent to run his eulogy for his child past the police before speaking. Would LE ask him to not share any details that have not been made public? If LE chose not to divulge that fact, was it important to keep it private in order to catch the killer? Ugh.

I don’t know how I feel about any of this. I can’t expect a parent to run his eulogy for his child past the police before speaking. Would LE ask him to not share any details that have not been made public? If LE chose not to divulge that fact, was it important to keep it private in order to catch the killer? Ugh.
From what he has said LE isn't talking much with him at all.

First-time-poster here. Not really a true crime junkie or armchair sleuth. Haven't been this interested in an unsolved crime since the initial mystery of the Boston Marathon bombings many years back. Saw the documentary on Patton Oswald's deceased wife awhile back, which left me with a poor impression of amateur sleuthing as something possibly addictive, but something about this Idaho case has drawn me here. Thank you to everyone who has shared information, data, personal experience, etc... This is a really neat community, and the moderators are doing a great job - thanks mods!

I've read through almost every post here about this case, and my personal suspicions have never wandered toward a strong feeling that I really have a sense of who may have done this crime. I think there just isn't enough information available to the general public to get a good sense of what transpired. Take for instance the food truck video. We see a handful of people and anyone can wildly speculate anything about anyone present in that clip. But if instead of that Twitch clip we were presented with a 30-minute clip from the neighbor's Ring camera or a 10-minute clip from the Corner Club I'm sure we would have wildly different suspicions. I just am not seeing enough actual evidence to begin to piece any significant part of this together. The suspect could be a 16-year-old girl or a group of middle-aged men or a serial killer or anything imaginable. No concrete idea from my perspective.

A lot of the same ideas are being treaded on, so I'll try to think of something new to add. Just quickly: Does the use of a knife instead of a gun say anything about the killer's income status or ability to procure a gun? Does not using a gun say anything about the suspicion that there may be a hunting or military background? What does it say about the suspicion that it may be an incel, which we typically have seen use guns and with little or no regard for their own personal outcome?

I have a million other little details bugging me, too many to write into one post. So I'll leave this one as-is for now. Man, this is a disturbing mind-bender and my condolences to any friends or family of the deceased and anyone who has been personally affected. Nothing but love and peace your way from here.
Welcome and thank you!

As a Mom of a WSU student, this is so hard for me to watch. She is often in Moscow, several days a week and I'm just gut punched on how close to home this is and how it can happen anywhere. Thinking of these families right now! Gut wrenching!

What type of information would protect the public though? The public knows there's a killer on the loose, the person broke into the home, stabbed 4 people, and left without being detected. What more would LE have to share to keep people safe? I think short of naming a person or motive, there's nothing they can do/say to keep people safe and they likely can't reveal a person or motive yet or else they'll jeopardize their case.

MOO.
Let's say the killers target was dog owners and the police knew this but kept it to themselves. Then another dog owner was attacked by the killer before they had enough to arrest him. Would the investigators bear any responsibility for not informing the public of something important to their safety? How much of a pass is it appropriate to give the police on holding back what they know?

I’m guessing he didn’t actually mean to do it. He was talking about how close Kaylee and Maddie were and how much they did together. I think it brings him comfort that they died together and not alone.

Last edited:
Oh…Kaylee’s dad just said they died in the same bed together (Her and Maddie).
I figured as much since they were trying to call her ex until nearly 3. And idk if you recall, but someone in Kaylee’s family said “at least they were together” or a similar sentiment right after it happened.

We knew they were in the same room and died together, I have daughters I know their sleepovers often meant sleeping in the same bed, this really wasn't earthshaking information. And in my opinion not threating to the investigation.

So if that's true, then the suspect only went to two rooms. Still hard to kill 4 people but if it was 2 and 2, maybe a little more explainable?
I think that that would be even harder for one perp to do. IMO The other one would surely wake up and started screaming, started helping the other one or started running for help, and than others would wake up too. And he had to do it twice. I really think there were 2 or 3 perps

We knew they were in the same room and died together, I have daughters I know their sleepovers often meant sleeping in the same bed, this really wasn't earthshaking information. And in my opinion not threating to the investigation.
We felt we knew but i think it was just unexpected and a shock to hear that information come out and be confirmed in the way it did. :(

I think that that would be even harder for one perp to do. IMO The other one would surely wake up and started screaming, started helping the other one or started running for help, and than others would wake up too.
I think that that would be even harder for one perp to do. IMO The other one would surely wake up and started screaming, started helping the other one or started running for help, and than others would wake up too.
I guess I didn't think about it that way. I was thinking the amount of time to go to 3 or 4 rooms. But you're right, maybe more difficult if they were in the same room.

We did? I sure don't recall reading that anywhere.
I recall Ethan's mother stated earlier that her son and Xana were found in the same room but I don't recall this also reported about Maddie and Kayley.

ETA: add confirming link.

He talked about how close Maddie and Kaylee were from childhood and that they died together in the same bed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member