ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel badly for all of the parents & families involved but Xana’s mother seems so vulnerable. I hope she has a good support system. I send them all hugs and love with the fervent wish that the perp is found & held accountable soon.

I get the drunk calling of ex, but why stop at 2:52AM, 8 minutes prior to the start of 3AM kill hour?

Maybe because an unnamed suspect could have been seen in the area or had enough time within that window to arrive on scene?
Maybe that was the ruse for entry? Not at all claiming xbf knew culprit. But if one, or all, of the tenants were stalked...their associations were likely known-OF by the culprit.

That possible theory explains the persistence of calls and the 'no signs of forced entry [implying the resident must've known culprit].' That statement and logic drives me bonkers.

That can be rebutted with how victims were found in their beds. Okay, maybe. Buuuut....

1) I don't come from a world of bucolic bliss where people don't lock doors. No. Just no. So, admittedly, I do project that onto the cases I read about. Sorry, my bad.

2) Say somebody's watching the house and sees the girls return. Culprit approaches the door, knocks, and is persistent about getting in touch with xbf; gives the ruse 'I gotta get in touch with xbf, blah blah blah, wordsalad.' Not saying xbf knew this person, but likely culprit knew OF xbf.

3) Girls realize this urgency from culprit and he's loud/disruptive while other tenants are sleeping - girls don't appreciate that but still want to respect other tenants' peace. To appease culprit girls are like 'all right, let's go upstairs and hang out in our room while we wait for a return phone call or text.'

4) That return contact doesn't happen and bam - attack happens. Attack likely would've happened regardless of returned call/text, imo.

Again, not saying xbf knew anything of or about this culprit. But, culprit likely knew OF the tenants associations. At first, I thought calls were about dog (and pup off-site, leaving owners worried especially with word of other pup's demise) or girls being girls while intoxicated. But, now I'm kind of thinking Murphy was on site, for some reason.

So, now with everything known and released thus far. I think that was the ruse for entry and gives way to 'no signs of forced entry.'

Purely my own speculation and opinions and willing to be totally wrong.

Kaylee's Dad has my respect.

His comportment and his words during interviews suggest to me he is a straight-shooter, a man of grace, unwavering integrity, and a father who loves his daughter fiercely.

There must be many who feel as I do.

My wish is that he, and all who love these four murdered young ones can feel our support and our caring through some cosmic energy our collective sentiments may create.

Last edited:
I totally sympathize with all of the families of the victims. And I completely understand that the parents want to keep the case as front page news until a suspect is identified. But LE is going to share LESS with them because they are doing so many interviews and dropping pieces of information here and there. IMO, the university and LE are not trying to protect the reputation of the town. They are trying to protect their ability to prosecute this case.

As much as I sympathize with these parents, if I were LE, I would only tell them details that I wanted leaked to the press and public. KG's family is doing what they need to do but I do believe they are going to get less and less information moving forward.

On the NewsNation special, Brian Entin just said he's confirmed that K's injuries were significantly more brutal than M's.

I'm not surprised, but yikes. Also, does it help the investigation for us to know this? I don't know.

JMO

I'm starting to feel some type of way about the father, Goncalves. I just am no longer getting the grieving father vibe, I'm getting creep vibes off him. Kinda like, "me dost think ye protest too much" type thing.
Am I the only one?
Not at all. This poor man’s daughter has been taken from him in the most horrific manner imaginable. He’s doing everything in his power to catch the guy, regardless of how it makes him look. My father would do the exact same thing.

The two sleeping in one bed was speculated by many on WS. I don’t think Mr. G has released anything that would jeopardize the investigation. IMO, there are probably mega things not released to the public that would prevent any false confessions.
That is an example, continuing to release information can be a problem, not least of all a gift to a defense attorney.
Why does the public need to know these details anyway?

If LE is actually making progress why not say to the public “we have a lot of leads and information we are processing and feel confident we will solve this case. We can’t share any information at all bc It will hurt the integrity of the case. “ instead of adding “we have no suspect, we have no POI”. If one of these kids was mine and I kept hearing that from police, I’d do the exact same thing SG is doing. LE has given the public zero confidence. And yes LE can lie, but usually they would t straight out lie and say we have no Suspect or POI repeatedly if they did in fact have one.i think hearing LE keep saying there’s no one is what’s exacerbating the situation.

I am part of the public, although not in Idaho. I have way more than zero confidence in LE (yes, in Moscow, ID).

There are tons of reasons why they would be reluctant to use the word "suspect."

At around 6 mins into that fox interview he says “he didn’t have to come up the steps.” What does that mean?
He is discussing police use of the word "target", and assuming that an individual, rather than the residence, is the target. He believes that, if one of the main floor victims was the target, the suspect would kill that person first, then the witness (Ethan and Xana), then immediately leave the residence. The suspect did not have to go to the third floor since the closest exit is on the second floor.

The fact that he then went upstairs, not downstairs, to kill two more tenants might mean that the targeted individual was upstairs. He is implying that the intended target was either Madison or Kaylee.

I am surprized how much the victims' families have appeared in media. I think that I would want to hide if I were in a similar situation, but no criticsm because who really knows how they would act in a given situation if they have not been in it, IMO. Assume they believe they are forging forward to solve the crime(s). IMO

I'm starting to feel some type of way about the father, Goncalves. I just am no longer getting the grieving father vibe, I'm getting creep vibes off him. Kinda like, "me dost think ye protest too much" type thing.
Am I the only one?

I don’t. I see an absolutely crushed and broken man who is trying to do what he feels will find his daughter’s killer.

He’s broken, suffering from exhaustion and really doesn’t know where to turn and how to stop the emotional agony.

The only thing he knows right now is that someone must pay for what taking his daughter’s life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisminto