ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still.in the camp that considers it very skillful and needing strength. But we've been thru all that I know. I suspect when it finally leaks, that when the father said that K's wounds were different, it will.turn out to be some personalized sick overkill that is recognizable as different, very different from the others. But it's just a feeling.

I don't think people understand how strong a ribcage is, and how most ppl not used to butchering would have a tough time killing 4 ppl quickly. Poor kids.
Imo
Even if not skilled, there's still that abdominal aorta. With a fixed blade like LE was inquiring about, it wouldn't be hard to hit it. JMO

Banfield on NewsNation is covering the case after their break. They previewed bodycam footage from the three stopped on Band Field if anyone wants to tune in.

this is from that incident at 3:01 am on Nov 13th
wonder why LE decided to release this bodycam footage now
very interesting

Last edited:
My general vibe feelings are the following:

1.) The killer/(s) was/were someone who knew one or more of the victims.
2.) The killer/(s) knew the layout of the home and the campus community.
3.) The killer/(s) was someone looking for jealous revenge acting out of hate, which escalated into murderous rage.
4.) It appears some of the victims fought for their lives.
5.) It appears that this was more likely someone/more than one killer with intended targets of victims. and not some random psychopath who wanted to kill.

Some questions for the community:

1.) What DNA forensics have been collected?
2.) How could or will this DNA be used to find the killer or killers?

Satch

Moscow Homicide Update
December 6, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.

Updated Information:

• Starting Wednesday morning, December 7, 2022, and potentially into Thursday, Moscow Police Chief James Fry, along with members of the department, will collect and remove some of the victims’ personal belongings from the residence, which are no longer needed for the investigation, so that they can be returned to the families. The items will be loaded into a truck and transferred to a secure location until the families can collect the belongings. These arrangements were made in coordination with the families.

Anyone near the residence Wednesday morning is asked to keep roads clear. Movement of the items will be done as privately as possible in an effort to maintain respect for the victims and their families. We ask members of the media and community to be respectful of this process.

The house remains an active crime scene, and progress continues to be made in the investigation.

Moscow Police and investigative partners continue to work with the victim’s families on the investigation and ongoing developments.

A video interview for media use and public viewing with Moscow Police Chief James Fry is available on the Moscow Police Department YouTube page. Chief Fry explains why the investigative team wanted to handle the delicate and sensitive handling of the victim’s close possessions.

• Detectives continue processing and working through more than 2,645 emailed tips, 2,770 phone tips, and 1,084 digital media submissions. We believe someone has information that will add context to the picture investigators are creating of what occurred that evening. Our focus is the investigation, not the activities. Your information, whether you believe it is significant or not, might be one of the puzzle pieces that help solve these murders.

• TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. To assist with the ongoing investigation, any odd or out-of-the-ordinary events that took place should be reported. Our focus is the investigation, not the activities. Your information, whether you believe it is significant or not, might be the piece of the puzzle that helps investigators solve these murders. Information can be submitted:
o Tip Line: 208-883-7180
o Email: tipline@ci.moscow.id.us
o Digital Media: fbi.gov/moscowidaho

• At this time, no suspect has been identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. There is speculation, without factual backing, stoking community fears and spreading false information. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate information and updated progress.

• All Press Releases and information related to this case are available:

###

#MoscowPolice
Does this sound like a cold case?

Snipped: Detectives continue processing and working through more than 2,645 emailed tips, 2,770 phone tips, and 1,084 digital media submissions

I am not shocked that they don't have cameras. You have a home where parties are held and there could be activities that are illegal (underage drinking for example).
I am gifting my daughter cameras for her new house. I’m also considering dash cams. I hope someday when this case is solved, we’ll have lessons learned to help increase safety/awareness.

Well, that's an interesting question. I personally don't think it took a lot of skill (just the right adrenalized state of mind). Or strength. But I can see how some would think otherwise (especially with skill).

If a person started stabbing on the sternum, that's a bad choice that would have awakened the terrified victim but probably not incapacitated them immediately. Now, I'm hearing (here on WS, with links) that early reports said "abdomen and torso."

Hmm. Those are easy places to stab. Says to me less pre-planning. Makes me wonder a lot about the blood stains on the outside of the house (did the DM fake those? wouldn't be the first time - maybe just juxtaposing a file picture with this crime).

A mattress is going to soak up a lot of blood, but a person who falls to the floor to attempt to escape with their last breath, yeah, then I can see blood pooling and, I guess, going down the outside of the foundation.

Abdomen takes less strength and NO skill. Almost a feeling of non-resistance, could be accomplished in a dream like state.

Here, though, we have four victims - all killed more or less the same way? All through upper torso/abdomen?

Frankly, stabbing in the abdomen is a terrible thing to do to someone, as it would take longer to die. Does "upper torso" mean "heart" or "arteries to the heart"? We don't know yet. LE knows this.

Bottom line for me is still, what type of person even does this? If they are not well acquainted with human anatomy (a large number of people) then it's just "doing whatever they feel" at the time. But if they wanted a quick kill, abdomen is not the way to go for a person with basic knowledge of human anatomy. Upper torso includes heart and lungs - but lungs by themselves don't cause instant death. Almost sounds like "learning by doing," and, yes, sloppiness. Not a well thought-out type of kill. A very deranged type of kill.
Yes. Sloppy. Perhaps frenzied?

If the perpetrator was using the type of knife originally suggested by LE, a clean cut to the throat on a sleeping victim would accomplish the goal. But instead, the perpetrator (or perpetrators?) opted to turn the scene into a bloodbath.

Banfield on NewsNation is covering the case after their break. They previewed bodycam footage from the three stopped on Band Field if anyone wants to tune in.
I’m watching Banfield along with you. Bodycam blurred faces.

So far, they have said:
-The drinking students from the band field incident have been cleared.
-The frat house had no security cameras.
-Families can begin collecting belongings from 1122 King starting tomorrow.

Earlier someone posted that some bars have knife and or axe throwing competitions. Or maybe it wasn't in a bar. Do you know what kind of knife would be used, if they do have those events?
I'm over the hill and I have never heard of that. But I have been out of the bar scene for a few decades. I can't see it happening at a bar, maybe a independent club like skeet shooting competitions? What I DO know is that the axes/knives that are used throwing competitions are special nor useable for what we know them for. Not like a knife most of us know, but thin and special weights distributed to throw properly.

This axe below will NOT chop wood for example.

For all those thinking this had to be someone skilled and strong to pull this off….please look up the The Haines family murders in Manheim Pa. 16 year old Alec Kreider stabbed to death his best friend and his parents, leaving no DNA behind. Had Alec not confessed to his father, he may have gotten away with it. Middle of the night killing with no forced entry…….this case reminds me a lot of the Haines Murders.

I’m watching Banfield with along you. Bodycam blurred faces.

So far, they have said:
-The drinking students from the band field incident have been cleared.
-The frat house had no security cameras.
-Families can begin collecting belongings from 1122 King starting tomorrow.
And that they bodycam footage is about 20 minutes long and could be skimmed for clues.

Even if not skilled, there's still that abdominal aorta. With a fixed blade like LE was inquiring about, it wouldn't be hard to hit it. JMO
I considered that too, but I am thinking the coroner said stabbed in the chest (?) Would the aorta be quick enough? He would have had to strip the blankets down? I just don't get the 2 girls in one bed. It had to be done so quickly.

I’ve heard that there wouldn’t necessarily be screams if they were sleeping. I’ve also heard that even if the person is awake, sometimes there just aren’t screams because the person is in shock.

The expectation of screaming makes me think of E and every theory that has him confronting the killer (I disagree with this theory!) — I’d think there would be possible screaming from him or X if that happened. And this would be screaming at the top of your lungs because you’re about to be murdered. Noise like this wouldn’t have been heard in this house before and I think the 1st floor girls would have heard this noise. But they (supposedly) heard nothing. So what are the chances E confronted the killer? Slim to none IMO
I haven’t been stabbed but I have been unexpectedly attacked and badly beaten by strangers during a home burglary, it wasn’t quick.
I tried to scream but no sound came out.
The body does strange things during shock and fear, I completely lost control of my voice.

After reading the latest report from CNN. I’ve changed my thought. It was very clear in that report that all 4 students were attacked while asleep. I had always thought previously the 2 upstairs were killed and woke the 2nd story victims up and so they were killed as a result. My new feeling is the entire house was targeted, killer didn’t expect Ethan and maybe the struggle (aka defensive wounds) was enough to make the killer leave instead of heading downstairs for fear of possible other boyfriends sleeping there.

I'm over the hill and I have never heard of that. But I have been out of the bar scene for a few decades. I can't see it happening at a bar, maybe a independent club like skeet shooting competitions? What I DO know is that the axes/knives that are used throwing competitions are special nor useable for what we know them for. Not like a knife most of us know, but thin and special weights distributed to throw properly.

This axe below will NOT chop wood for example.
They actually have bars that center around axe throwing. Normally it is axe's , but I guess one could throw a knife if they wanted to. Not quite sure about the idea of sharp bladed objects and alcohol mixing, but I'm old, what do I know. lol

I don't think people understand how strong a ribcage is, and how most ppl not used to butchering would have a tough time killing 4 ppl quickly. Poor kids.
Imo

JMO Yes I would imagine strikes into the chest area would need to be VERY precise to avoid hitting a rib bone. If you end up stabbing into a rib I would imagine it may cause your hand to slip down the hilt and onto the blade itself. Causing you to slit your hand in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592