ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized this means we don't even know (and never did...but it just occurred to me) what time the killer/s left the home. Could he/they have stayed until the morning and then went out the front door? Seems highly unlikely but that rearranges things in my mind. I assumed a panicked retreat immediately after the murders. But what if it wasn't immediate and there was extended time afterwards for cleaning up or who knows. I have no evidence for this but just a possible angle I had not imagined before.

MOO

P.s. I hope this is allowed. I made some missteps in my first posts and they got deleted. My fault totally. I'm hoping this type of personal theorizing is ok.
@techette, you're right: we don't know when the killer(s) left the home, just as we don't know when they entered the home. But, like you, I have wondered about this very thing since day 1.

Given the fact that four people were murdered by a killer who appears to have been able to accomplish the task undetected and/or uninterrupted, and given the fact that we know nothing about motive, then lingering at the scene, admiring his/her own "achievement," taking photos of the victims with a plain old digital camera, sifting through their things, etc., could well have been part of the dream list. A certain kind of murderer likes luxuriating.

I see this as being possible whether they were or were not aware that there were two occupied bedrooms on the ground floor, because the fact is, four people were stabbed to death, and then silence fell over the house. Someone who feels secure enough to commit the acts - 1, 2, 3, 4 - and does so successfully may then also feel secure enough to hang around and bask in the "afterglow."

MOO

And I'll also add that this tragedy hasn't yet felt like "frenzied rage" to me. I feel there was time.

I am wondering if the Hyundai is actually related to the two roommates with unaccounted for time after frat party...maybe this was the car they got a ride in? I don't think any description of the vehicle they got a ride in was ever released.

MOO
Sigma Chi is extremely close to the King St. house, so it's likely they could have walked. However it's true that in the most recent press release the only drivers mentioned under the "cleared" section are the ones that drove K&M home from the Grub Truck

Fully understand this is the case. If you go back and read the last few pages, I was mainly concerned about this being viewed through the lens of a college TikTok challenge. However @human was able to prove the TikTok challenge aspect did not include the years of the Hyundai we are looking for.

I do not doubt cars are being stolen. I doubt it’s a new social trend on TikTok among college students.
Agreed. It seem to me its usually high schoolers. There is a 20 minute documentary on YouTube called "KiaBoys" that talks about this. Crazy!

Last edited:
But is illegal, and a criminal offence, to be in possession of alcohol if under 21 in Idaho (and almost all states).
MIP & being drunk from consuming are entirely different things.

Can’t recall a single minor “consumption” prosecution in this state. Doesn’t mean there hasn’t ever been one, tho, but I’d sure be interested in any case like that in Idaho, a state where, legal or not, kegger high school graduation parties by parents aren’t rare.

See also:
Idaho | APIS - Alcohol Policy Information System

All moo, of course.

And then he says "they". It's one of the most profound things I've read about the investigation so far. It doesn't mean there was more than one killer, but s/he might not be in this alone.
"They" is what most of us would say when referring to an unknown person or persons. I don't find it meaningful in any way. Same for "individuals."

The official news releases, which are more likely to use careful language, continue to say "detectives are interested in speaking with the occupant(s)", meaning police do not know whether one or more individuals were inside the car.

It also tells us nothing about whether there was more than one killer (zero chance, in my opinion), because for all we know the occupant(s) may only be potential witnesses.

I am wondering if the Hyundai is actually related to the two roommates with unaccounted for time after frat party...maybe this was the car they got a ride in? I don't think any description of the vehicle they got a ride in was ever released.

MOO
There is a news item from today that said it is believed X and E were at frat house the entire time.

Totally agree. Even though there is concern about him hiring an attorney, I feel like it will add a much needed layer of support for he and his wife. Part of an attorney's job is to educate the client on the process and on expectations.
Hoping that will be the case here.

I think a lawyer is a great option for him because a lawyer should be able to explain to him what is required to get a conviction and why sensitive information needs to be kept confidential.

I don't feel the PI is a good idea at this time and fear that any evidence or interviews will not be admissable in court, potentially compromising the investigation.

Why do you think that?
My suggestion was in the context of possible suspect profiles….speculation about a fixation on one of the victims…but what if a suspect was fixated on one of the survivors….wanting to bring her back home….
I don’t know. Im terrible at speculating but all speculation seems to be toward the killer being fixated on one or more of the victims.

It's possible they locked their doors at night since they were near the front door and annoyed by guests coming in at after party's etc. The other bedrooms are kinda tucked away.
Maybe they weren't the target.
Maybe the killer entered through the backdoor and went straight up the stairs to his right, then came down and went to other bedroom. Then simply left through the backdoor. Although I know a neighbor said the front door was open which implies the killer left through there.

Lots of stuff don't add up.
If the survivors came home at 1am and didn't call police til 11.56 am. What time did they wake up?

Were they awake in living room and kitchen and not notice anything?
I honestly hate to admit this, but on occasion I can wake up and - if I don’t have appointments or kids or pets bugging me for breakfast - I could lay in bed with my laptop catching up on Facebook, emails, TikTok, news, Websleuths, etc. So even if I might wake up by 9 AM, other than going to the bathroom, I might not go downstairs for hours. This rarely happens so it’s a luxury for me. Maybe the roommates did the same thing.

MOO
This is a good point and I never thought of this. Only thing is, I believe it was (vaguely) stated that they were now believed to be at sigma chi house the whole night (which is like a 3 min walk to king st house) , so presumably they didn’t get a ride from there. Unless of course they were somewhere else that night , which does seem really possible as nothing about their evening has been confirmed by LE.

I’m guessing it was KG’s Range Rover. If she was back for the weekend with a new car the neighbors wouldn’t have seen it before.
Maybe, but he says it was parked a few spaces away and K's rig was parked right in front.

"After an initial conversation with a police officer that Sunday, Harsh said he already went back to investigators at the home to report a black luxury SUV that he hadn’t seen in the neighborhood before, parked a few spaces from the front of the home when he made it back early that morning."

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article269736921.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaarqueiro