ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless this was 113 pieces out of hundreds more collected that was actually relevant to the case. IDK and I’m a little behind on this thread and getting bits and pieces. Please correct me if I am wrong!
I believe it is 113 pieces of physical evidence, I cannot figure out why it is so low.
This would include two rooms, paths between, entrance and exit, bathrooms, and spaces around four bodies.

I am taking physical evidence to mean-
footprints, fingerprints, blood from floors, doorways, doorknobs, door faces, drains, headboard/footboard, side table, wall
items such as linens, phones, shoes, cups/straws, trash
vacuum surfaces for fibers, hair
outside- window frames

Not include bodies and clothing, digital, photographs

This 113 number was share as those collected, not those determined to be relevant after analysis.
I wish an expert on forensics could chime in and explain how 113 could be typical.

JMO

I wonder if they have digital billboards in Idaho and if ISP and MPD are using them to advertise the car?
That's a good suggestion
IDK - a WSer from Idaho might be able to contribute here & answer this question

Even if they don't, it's not expensive to hire mobile boards and place them at key junctions.
But if they'd done the latter the msm reporters still camped in Moscow or local reporters further afield in Idaho would probably have mentioned them now ( Considering how hungry media are for any snippets related to this manhunt)

Last edited:
Let’s say that the original owner as you say lent the car out to a friend or family member and doesn’t follow the news so they don’t know what going on with their car. Then the person who borrowed that white Hyundai who was driving it near the murder scene on November 13 would and should know by now that they are being asked to come forward. Why? Well the driver of the vehicle knows he drove near the murder scene on November 13.

A vehicle that’s not being used by the owner during a certain season has nothing to do with the fact that the person or persons who were driving that white Hyundai Elantra vehicle near the murder scene on November 13 has not come forward.

So regardless if the registered owner isn’t driving the vehicle because of the season, regardless if that white Hyundai Elantra owner is unaware of it being near the scene of the murders because they are not a news junkie, regardless if it has been stolen etc.

There was a person or persons that were in that white Hyundai Elantra that drove near the murder scene on November 13. The person or persons know that they were in that car on that day and know they are being asked to come forward. So if they got nothing to hide and are innocent they should have came forward.

The police and FBI aren’t saying if you’re the owner, or caretaker, or whatever of the white Hyundai Elantra than come forward. The FBI and LE are saying if YOU were the person and or Persons in the white Hyundai Elantra driving near the murder scene on November 13 to please come forward. Or if you know who the person or persons are that were driving the white Hyundai Elantra near the murder scene on November 13 to please come forward.

In other word if you’re the owner of the white Hyundai and you lent the car to a person or persons LE would like to speak with you so you can tell them who you lent it to. If you’re the owner and you let someone be the caretaker of your white Hyundai than LE would like to speak with you so you can tell them who is the caretaker of your car.

Above all LE wants to talk to the person or persons that was inside the white Hyundai Elantra at the time that the vehicle was near the murder scene on November 13.

Overall, the white Hyundai Elantra was not driving it self on Nov 13. There was a person and or person the vehicle driving near the murder scene on November 13 and LE wants that person or persons to come forward. JMO
Maybe I misunderstanding here, but my thought is, the persons or person driving the car was doing so without the knowledge of the owner and is guilty- if they haven’t come forward. I guess this is all fodder.

Interesting they say Nissan.
I agree that the killer is most likely a psychopath. He could be the last person anyone would suspect if he blends in well with everybody else.

I think LE has a good reason to believe the white Hyundai is connected to the crime, and that whoever was in that car has crucial information about the murders.

Also we don't know that LE has not been able to get a partial plate number. They've had a massive amount of footage to analyze since they asked the public for help.

In Molly Tibbet's case, it was the 'unusual markings' on the suspect's vehicle that led them to her killer. Maybe LE will get lucky and find something unique about the white Hyundai. A partial plate number would be better, though.

There are 46 FBI agents working on this case in Moscow and throughout the country. For all we know they are making excellent progress.

It would be nice to have an arrest before Christmas!

Who says the killer needs to buy gas?

Anybody remember that case with that woman from denver who drove out to oklahoma to kill her former husband and his new wife then drove back avoiding all toll roads? She brought several gas cans with her to avoid having to stop at a gas pump.
Hyundai Elantra gas mileage 35 city - 42 hwy
Tank holds 12.5 gallons
Full Tank range would be about 500 miles
5 gallon extra gas can would add about 200 miles

College students often live in cities within reasonable driving distance to parents home.
If the perp intended to drive home or to large distant city to blend, where would they go?
Where would you end up if drove 500 miles?
75 miles to Spokane, WA
250 miles to Missoula, MT
300 miles to Boise, ID
300 miles to Tacoma, WA
300 miles to Seattle, WA
350 miles to Portland, OR
475 miles to Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I agree, the odds this crime was planned and yet they had to stop for gas seems quite low.
An interesting thought, to say the least!

JMO

Could have been sitting in a car nearby…out of sight…JMO
I think Yes!
I’m of the opinion this could be a person who lives local or nearby
Caught the footage from the Grub Truck
Is within 10 min to get to truck and sit and watch
Follows them to their home from the Grub Truck
Parks for easy get away, walks a distance to car
Drives back home Taylor west

Creepy to imagine, but this would be the actions of a predator on the hunt looking for prey, intending to get by with it and hunt another day

JMO

This is a little odd. Getting a call at around 1:20am about a delivery!? The same gas station that has been in the news all this week!? Then another incident hours later.

Source.

According to Moscow folks on WS, not every denizen was thrilled that the gas station had shared the tip with Fox News ( instead of just sharing it with LE) That might provide an explanation for the second incident.

First incident - Prank caller? ( The perp would surely have to be very bold or mad or dim to leave trails by making calls to that gas station?)

According to Moscow folks on WS, not every denizen was thrilled that the gas station had shared the tip with Fox News ( instead of just sharing it with LE) That might provide an explanation for the second incident.

First incident - Prank caller? ( The perp would surely have to be very bold or mad or dim to leave trails by making calls to that gas station?)
No doubt the town folks were unimpressed. Last thing they want is more media.

I agree that the killer is most likely a psychopath. He could be the last person anyone would suspect if he blends in well with everybody else.

I think LE has a good reason to believe the white Hyundai is connected to the crime, and that whoever was in that car has crucial information about the murders.

Also we don't know that LE has not been able to get a partial plate number. They've had a massive amount of footage to analyze since they asked the public for help.

In Molly Tibbet's case, it was the 'unusual markings' on the suspect's vehicle that led them to her killer. Maybe LE will get lucky and find something unique about the white Hyundai. A partial plate number would be better, though.

There are 46 FBI agents working on this case in Moscow and throughout the country. For all we know they are making excellent progress.

It would be nice to have an arrest before Christmas!

Before Xmas is like one week from now-- I would not expect this case to be solved quickly-- it is very very complex

This is complicated by the fact that the information about K and M was revealed by K’s family members. Would LE have released the grub truck info? Maybe not. Would they have updated the precise time K and M returned home had there not been repeated public mentions of the estimated return time conflicting with the grub truck stream and K’s sister’s viewing of the neighbor’s camera footage? Maybe not. They might only have said that K and M were at the Corner Club, E and X were at a Sigma Chi party, and they were all believed to be at the King Rd residence after 1:45am.
I think the Grub Truck video was destined to come out. Someone who was there that night, or someone who watched the stream, would have shared that K&M were there. Corner Club info of the night is still private. I think sharing the timing is not a bad thing, as people who were out in those areas at that time should be aware they might be able to provide details to LE. Btw what about LE’s early mentions of what “isn’t” on video or in someone’s habits that should be there? Just a general thing or was it specific in some cryptic way?

Not everybody trusts cops, and that they will be true to their word.

Also, if it were me in the White Elantra, I would be real worried that somehow my personal information would be leaked to the media and I would be touted as a suspect by the internet. There are plenty of reasons why someone who owns a car like that and truly feels they have no useful information to give to the police would choose to stay silent.

That said, I do not believe police are turning up the heat on this specific car just to get a witness to come forward. I think this is about a suspect.
I think it’s to give web sleuths something to do while they are busy following true leads that they don’t reveal to the public. FBI isn’t stupid. They know how to handle rumor control.

I think it’s to give web sleuths something to do while they are busy following true leads that they don’t reveal to the public. FBI isn’t stupid. They know how to handle rumor control.
After the first 70,000 "white Hyundai" posts I began to think that, too, but as it could lead to vigilante action, probably not, though.

There is a white car spotted approx a day after the murders driving up at the 1:50 mark and then back down at 3:00. Zoom in, is it the Elantra?
r u sure you put a right video?

Reactions: KAE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members