ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would mean she got 40K new followers on IG? that doesn't make sense but maybe.

editing to add that Maddie's IG was at around 6k last time I checked. for kg's to increase 40k while Maddie's didn't, that's what doesn't make sense to me. also, tik Tok was double almost from iG. so I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that doesn't make sense to me, and I'd need to see the numbers to make sense of it.
Everyone knows Kaylee's last name because her dad/parents/sister have done so many interviews. People can certainly look up the names of all 4 victims but KG's name is at the forefront of an overwhelming majority of news stories. It makes her pretty easy to look up on Instagram even if you're barely following this story.

Because he left so little evidence at all. The killer was literally “in and out” in mere minutes. With so many series and television docs on the study, pursuit, and conviction of murderers and their M.O.’s, it doesn’t take much to prepare for such an event and figure out how to NOT leave shoe prints, finger prints, or DNA.
We do not know what evidence was left. Imagine that LE announced that they did indeed have DNA...then what they are going to go around asking voluntarily for people to provide DNA? Or what if there was a shoe print and they announced that...you think if that hit the news the killler wouldn't immediately dispose of the shoes? Providing this information could compromise the investigation.

I have a feeling a motor vehicle ticket or something like that might lead to the Elantra. Seems like this guy drives a lot so Im sure hes been pulled over. The Mobil station vid looks like the windows maybe tinted so Id start there. I know I had a million stupid tickets when I was younger. Can we ask the picture expert who gave us that X-ray image if the windows were tinted?

I don't see the black A pillar in the picture you are referring to... I think its a bad photo and if LE wasn't convinced that it was a Hyundai Elantra 2011-2013, I don't have a clue why they would put it out to the public. My guess is they have good images and they have an exact reason to ask for this very very specific car.

Agreed there is hopefully more that justifies that level of specificity. 2011-13 Elantra (4 Dr sedan) is quite specific, even if tens of thousands were imported.

I do have concerns it may be over specific, as in some Hyundai dealership said, "yeah that looks like a 2011-13 Elantra" without realizing a Kia Forte is extremely close and nearly the same car sans badges and some minor sheetmetal details.

Everyone in a 3 state area is looking for an Elantra, when it's corporate doppelganger (Kia) may be right under their noses.

If they're not getting good leads maybe it's time to open up that search a bit. i.e. "older white Hyundai or Kia 4dr sedan" and see what turns up within an yours drive in all directions. Probably closer unless it was a complete random or SK.

Let's say it was an occasional customer at a place where one of the victims worked. Let's say the bar. How far would you drive for a couple of beers? Especially these days. 10 miles? Maybe 20 miles since it is sort of out in the middle of nowhere. 30 tops. How far do semi-regulars live from a bar? 5 miles maybe?

Pull up a map of Idaho. Draw a rough circle from Palouse or Potlatch down to Lewiston, Troy or maybe Deary on the east to Pullman or a bit further west. Go much beyond that and it's starting to be a hike for more than an occasional jaunt. Especially when the weather turns. If it's not a student or complete anomaly, I'd bet the killer lives within that area. Otherwise that's a serious hike to risk a go in, kill 4 people, and drive an hour back home at 0400 type plan. Especially if it was a drunken rage type thing.

I think it was a local, student or 20-35 y/o resident within 10 miles of town.

As always, moo.

Nothing is coincidental or random. You seem to have a pretty good grasp of this murder, and reflect excellent common sense and reasoning. The DOTS must connect, or it won’t make any sense. JMOHO
The knife or weapon is going in and out of multiple victims...there is absolutely no way the killer was not bloody from victims. The Coroner stated crime scene on multiple floors was bloody mess. I don't think killer left right away after killings, as there would be something on trail...even one spot of blood, but nothing. I use to sell dna collection kits to state labs, so I know a little bit about dna. Its like a painter painting a room and not prepping room for paint spills or spatter and leaving no trace of paint. So much activity in house until 2:52pm or whatever time last text was sent to ex-boyfriend which makes it unlikely a killer would then enter house minutes later and start 4 human slaughtering with silence to 2 alive roommates and no contact with dog and then what take off in a hyundai elantra...doesn't happen. <modsnip> No reports of whether or not girls came home alone, police are silent as to what the alive roommates did after coming home at 1am (per police), food and alcohol bev trash throughout second floor with city garbage bins placed neatly at front of driveway. Sounds to me like the 2 girls came home from grub hub, maybe ate food in private party car, left grub hub trash on patio 2nd foor trash bin when coming home...maybe routinely used patio door since easy to enter and go to 3rd floor (no code to deal with while intoxicated) and party amongst one or more roommates still going on/winding down and some sort of altercation with remaining party guest who felt comfortable to not leave after killings and clean self up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing is coincidental or random. You seem to have a pretty good grasp of this murder, and reflect excellent common sense and reasoning. The DOTS must connect, or it won’t make any sense. JMOHO
I agree. But the official word that we're told to follow is telling us the dots do not connect.

Perhaps no biological evidence but leaving trace evidence (hair and fibers), is still a possibilty.
Yea but if it was someone who frequented the house before then that’s going to be hard to prove they did it. Unless they find the knife, bloody clothes or the car then it’s going to be very difficult to get a conviction and probably even an arrest.

I have a feeling a motor vehicle ticket or something like that might lead to the Elantra. Seems like this guy drives a lot so Im sure hes been pulled over. The Mobil station vid looks like the windows maybe tinted so Id start there. I know I had a million stupid tickets when I was younger. Can we ask the picture expert who gave us that X-ray image if the windows were tinted?
I thought it had that look of tinted windows, too.

Can’t be sure, but that was initial reaction.

Now that’s interesting…

Are authorities looking for a Kia Forte? It's the stablemate of the Hyundai Elantra.

Same platform.
this is actually really interesting because as I was was taking a walk down the street on google maps there is in fact a white Kia Forte parked in the drive way two houses down from the victims house. Also the supposed house of K.G’s ex boyfriend or ex boyfriends friend? ( is there another word for separated?) I didn’t know they were stablemates! Learn something new everyday!

What are normal numbers of followers for socially active, attractive college kids? Hundreds? Thousands? More?
College kid here, I can confirm that following numbers can range from the hundreds to thousands. The more popular and well known kids tend to have more followers, especially the ones involved in Greek life.

Agreed there is hopefully more that justifies that level of specificity. 2011-13 Elantra (4 Dr sedan) is quite specific, even if tens of thousands were imported.

I do have concerns it may be over specific, as in some Hyundai dealership said, "yeah that looks like a 2011-13 Elantra" without realizing a Kia Forte is extremely close and nearly the same car sans badges and some minor sheetmetal details.

Everyone in a 3 state area is looking for an Elantra, when it's corporate doppelganger (Kia) may be right under their noses.

If they're not getting good leads maybe it's time to open up that search a bit. i.e. "older white Hyundai or Kia 4dr sedan" and see what turns up within an yours drive in all directions. Probably closer unless it was a complete random or SK.

Let's say it was an occasional customer at a place where one of the victims worked. Let's say the bar. How far would you drive for a couple of beers? Especially these days. 10 miles? Maybe 20 miles since it is sort of out in the middle of nowhere. 30 tops. How far do semi-regulars live from a bar? 5 miles maybe?

Pull up a map of Idaho. Draw a rough circle from Palouse or Potlatch down to Lewiston, Troy or maybe Deary on the east to Pullman or a bit further west. Go much beyond that and it's starting to be a hike for more than an occasional jaunt. Especially when the weather turns. If it's not a student or complete anomaly, I'd bet the killer lives within that area. Otherwise that's a serious hike to risk a go in, kill 4 people, and drive an hour back home at 0400 type plan. Especially if it was a drunken rage type thing.

I think it was a local, student or 20-35 y/o resident within 10 miles of town.

As always, moo.
I posted this before, but I’m personally certain the gas station car is not an Elantra. Elantras (top photo), like most cars, have the A pillar (the pillar that runs up the side of the windshield to the roof) painted to match the car. The gas station car (middle photo) has a black A pillar, more like a Veloster (bottom photo). I personally don’t think that’s from the dark, I believe if it were white it would follow the line of the roof. The taillights appear deeper than an Elantra as well.

That said, I’m also personally not convinced they have 100% certainty they’re even looking for an Elantra - from what I’ve gathered they’re basing it on eyewitness testimony or maybe video, both in the middle of the night, and little white compact cars aren’t exactly easy to differentiate with your own two eyes in the daylight, let alone at 2 am or whatever. All just my opinion of course, but I definitely have my doubts.
Now that’s interesting…

Did I miss something.Has there been an official announcement re: a car model change?

Just watched a live stream and they used the wayback machine to look up the University of Idaho website and found a anomaly. The University website was taken down the night of the Homicides at 11.30pm. There was a lot of technical chat and explaining how they were able to dig into this and the ramifications this could have on security footage and data retention. It was also stressed this could be purely coincidental but it was also reported to the tip line.

Thought i would post about it in case it hasn't been spoken about or any I.T heads also wanted to look into it.

that would mean she got 40K new followers on IG? that doesn't make sense but maybe.

editing to add that Maddie's IG was at around 6k last time I checked. for kg's to increase 40k while Maddie's didn't, that's what doesn't make sense to me. also, tik Tok was double almost from iG. so I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that doesn't make sense to me, and I'd need to see the numbers to make sense of it.
It never occurred to me at the time to screenshot something like that. I didn’t know the case would blow up like this…I only live 15 so have been following it very closely since we first heard the college was ‘locked down’ due to a shooting (which was what local news first reported). But, the numbers of followers for both K and M were much much lower. You can look at the thousands of recent comments under photos to see how much attention they’re receiving now. Remember both are small town girls…guess I should add IMO:)

Because he left so little evidence at all. The killer was literally “in and out” in mere minutes. With so many series and television docs on the study, pursuit, and conviction of murderers and their M.O.’s, it doesn’t take much to prepare for such an event and figure out how to NOT leave shoe prints, finger prints, or DNA.
We don't know what evidence was found nor how long the killer took. While I'd love to know all the theories and lines of inquiry LE are investigating, in today's day and age with mass media online and in nearly every citizen's hand, it comes down to a choice between public knowledge and keeping evidence valuable for use in prosecution by not talking about it...unless the public's help is needed. I think LE are closer than anyone thinks to arresting the guilty but that can't be done quite yet, before prosecutors know they have the evidence to convict, not just charge. AJMO

Last edited:
I wonder if the Elantra was owned by a car dealership or was being held by an autoshop for repair. A mechanic, collison tech, would have keys to the car and access to various plates. I did a search looking to buy a 2011-2013 elantra and found it odd that I couldn't find a single white one until I hit 300 miles from Moscow's zipcode.

Could the Elentra be a commonly rented car from Hertz, Avis, or Enterprise? Hopefully the police will check into that angle.

this is actually really interesting because as I was was taking a walk down the street on google maps there is in fact a white Kia Forte parked in the drive way two houses down from the victims house. Also the supposed house of K.G’s ex boyfriend or ex boyfriends friend? ( is there another word for separated?) I didn’t know they were stablemates! Learn something new everyday!
Where was the ex boyfriend of K? Did I read he was out of town ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk