ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows Kaylee's last name because her dad/parents/sister have done so many interviews. People can certainly look up the names of all 4 victims but KG's name is at the forefront of an overwhelming majority of news stories. It makes her pretty easy to look up on Instagram even if you're barely following this story.
Also, if you scroll down to her older posts, earlier this year, the number of likes and comments decrease exponentially…which seems in line with having gained a lot of new followers very recently. And yes, you’re absolutely right, her name is practically a household name now.

that would mean she got 40K new followers on IG? that doesn't make sense but maybe.

editing to add that Maddie's IG was at around 6k last time I checked. for kg's to increase 40k while Maddie's didn't, that's what doesn't make sense to me. also, tik Tok was double almost from iG. so I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that doesn't make sense to me, and I'd need to see the numbers to make sense of it.
This crime has been centered around Kaylee because her family has been very vocal: It makes total sense to me that her SM followings would increase while the other victims wouldn’t have large increases.

MOO

This is one of the weird things about this case. Why would HG need to be their protection? Idaho and specifically Moscow is one of the safest communities in America. Last time Moscow had a murder prior to this was 7 years ago. The biggest "crimes" that seems to be going there are drunk delinquents.

What makes me pessimistic is that the longer this goes, the more time the killer has to clean himself up of any evidence - knives, cars, injuries, etc. I hope to God they have some ace in the hole and it's not the Elantra because... I don't know, I'm not going to be filled with much confidence if that's all they have to go on.
It seems one of the victims was fearful sometimes (which is too much IMO) out and about in Moscow at night.

Reporter Leading the Interview w Mr. G, Dec. 17???
@Allabouttrial TYVM for transcribing. You're terrific.

TRANSCRIPTION OF INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S DAD
17TH DECEMBER....
Reporter -... I made a promise to you that our audience would stay on this case and not let this case die. We had a cooling off period last week, out of respect for law enforcement to bring the temperature down a little bit.

Reporter - S. what can you tell us about the investigation?....

Dad -....

Reporter - .... one of the reasons why I want to bring this up is because I think it's critical to this investigation.

Dad - ....

Reporter - ....

Dad - ....

Reporter - Brother, we continue to pray for you, our audience as well. ....
snipped for focus.
I know it's what (some) reporters do---leading an interview like this.
But really, suggesting ---
--- reporter knows what is critical to the investigation???
--- if the reporter did not continue w articles about this crime, the city, state, and fed. LE would let investigation wither on the vine and dry up????
--- "Brother" and praying?? (a little personal, presumptious? IDK)
imo jmo moo

Last edited:
Agreed there is hopefully more that justifies that level of specificity. 2011-13 Elantra (4 Dr sedan) is quite specific, even if tens of thousands were imported.

I do have concerns it may be over specific, as in some Hyundai dealership said, "yeah that looks like a 2011-13 Elantra" without realizing a Kia Forte is extremely close and nearly the same car sans badges and some minor sheetmetal details.

Everyone in a 3 state area is looking for an Elantra, when it's corporate doppelganger (Kia) may be right under their noses.

If they're not getting good leads maybe it's time to open up that search a bit. i.e. "older white Hyundai or Kia 4dr sedan" and see what turns up within an yours drive in all directions. Probably closer unless it was a complete random or SK.

Let's say it was an occasional customer at a place where one of the victims worked. Let's say the bar. How far would you drive for a couple of beers? Especially these days. 10 miles? Maybe 20 miles since it is sort of out in the middle of nowhere. 30 tops. How far do semi-regulars live from a bar? 5 miles maybe?

Pull up a map of Idaho. Draw a rough circle from Palouse or Potlatch down to Lewiston, Troy or maybe Deary on the east to Pullman or a bit further west. Go much beyond that and it's starting to be a hike for more than an occasional jaunt. Especially when the weather turns. If it's not a student or complete anomaly, I'd bet the killer lives within that area. Otherwise that's a serious hike to risk a go in, kill 4 people, and drive an hour back home at 0400 type plan. Especially if it was a drunken rage type thing.

I think it was a local, student or 20-35 y/o resident within 10 miles of town.

As always, moo.
I have to think they are giving exact specifications of the car believed to be of importance because they have a pretty good hunch of who did do this! Just my opinion. Im going to bet they are watching someone via surveillance and just waiting for the owner of the vehicle to mess up somewhere or hoping someone close to the suspect starts to question him/her, and comes forwards with more info. I am also going to state that this may be the most ridiculous opinion ever. A part me of wants to believe some positivity is heading this way for the families!!!! Especially before Christmas- my goal from the start was Christmas! Catch the bad guy by then. Get all your ducks in a row, have solid evidence, connect all the dots, and then make the arrest!! Sorry, usually I’m more of the realist(today I’ll be the optimist)

3) the killer never walks any where ever- always drives; inconceivable for this person to travel in such a primitive way as walking
Wearing dark clothing and walking to vehicle parked somewhere nearby makes the most sense to me. The last thing you want is your white (if that's what it was) car parked at the scene. Or any other color for that matter. JMO

College kid here, I can confirm that following numbers can range from the hundreds to thousands. The more popular and well known kids tend to have more followers, especially the ones involved in Greek life.

Thanks! Bearing in mind that I'm old, and don't understand this Instagram stuff, do people have control over who follows them or is it pretty much a semi-anonymous free for all? i.e. can anyone follow anyone, whether they know them or not? Where I'm going is this something that a stalker would use, perhaps in hopes of getting some kind of acknowledgement? Do users go through and prune their lists, or once it's beyond a few hundred do they just give up? Do some people freak out if they are pruned or blocked or whatever it is people do with followers they don't want? Also is the general consensus that a follower (past or present) had a strong likelihood of being the killer?

Would certainly whittle down the suspect pool, and am guessing that most of all social media companies (and Apple or Google for phones?) are cooperating.

Life seemed simpler when all we had were rotary phones.

All moo

I have a bad feeling that this was a thrill killing. This person will do it again. Bundy, Keys etc. all targeted and stalked their victims and were not found until they committed multiple crimes. If homicide has unidentified DNA I hope they are going back and looking at similar cases for a match. I don't think this is going to be a person known to the victims. He could be anywhere in the country or world right now or he could be right up the road watching everything. Jmoo

Regarding the video of the noise complaint from 1st September), maybe it’s just me but I find it odd that a party is going on at the house & none of the actual housemates are there? Just wondering if this is normal in college towns? MOO
They were there but likely those who were there were underage roommates. Looked like one answered the door

s Because he left so little evidence at all. The killer was literally “in and out” in mere minutes. With so many series and television docs on the study, pursuit, and conviction of murderers and their M.O.’s, it doesn’t take much to prepare for such an event and figure out how to NOT leave shoe prints, finger prints, or DNA.
There's no evidence the killer was in and out. All we know is the 3rd floor roommates last made digital contact with a Jack at around 2:45am and that the 2 alive roommates summoned at least one Sigma Chi member and a female on/before 11:30am, as 911 call made shortly after. That's like 7 hours killer had to kill, self clean, and exit house.

3) the killer never walks any where ever- always drives; inconceivable for this person to travel in such a primitive way as walking
It would make perfect sense if they weren't walking far. Why have the noise and lights of a car that someone could look out the window about and identify later when you can just skulk away in the dark. JMO

Thanks! Bearing in mind that I'm old, and don't understand this Instagram stuff, do people have control over who follows them or is it pretty much a semi-anonymous free for all? i.e. can anyone follow anyone, whether they know them or not? Where I'm going is this something that a stalker would use, perhaps in hopes of getting some kind of acknowledgement? Do users go through and prune their lists, or once it's beyond a few hundred do they just give up? Do some people freak out if they are pruned or blocked or whatever it is people do with followers they don't want? Also is the general consensus that a follower (past or present) had a strong likelihood of being the killer?

Would certainly whittle down the suspect pool, and am guessing that most of all social media companies (and Apple or Google for phones?) are cooperating.

Life seemed simpler when all we had were rotary phones.

All moo
I'll try to answer your question to the best of my ability, I am not great at communicating online. I have a private account and I can control who can and cannot follow me. If I went onto my account right now I would just have to hit "remove" on someone from my following list. I haven't had a public profile in a long time, so I am unsure if this same option appears on public accounts. However, the block button exists and you can block someone on the account they're using and any other potential account they may create. I'm not sure how that works exactly, but it's an interesting feature. I'll be honest, I haven't gone through to see who's following me for awhile, but I don't think many people do check after awhile. It can become a bit tedious. I don't know if the killer was on social media and viewing their accounts, but if it was another college student I would not be surprised. I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961