ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
re social media. maybe the Le told them not to touch them yet?

edit
if they were allowed to touch them, besides deleting, couodnt they turn off comments and post stuff about looking for the killer, the car, etc?

Last edited:
I have been baffled by the absence of the County Sheriff in the investigation. The Sheriff has jurisdiction over the county, although the city of Moscow has local PD.
Anybody have a thought about that?
Taking a back seat with the media? Letting the Idaho State Police and the FBI process and investigate a quadruple murder to the best of their abilities and giving support where and when needed locally?

I was thinking. Do you think K and M called J all those times because they could see his home/bedroom light was on from their house?
I think they did it because they were drinking, and thought it was fun, something Kaylees family have repeatedly said she did, and did often, to everyone in her life.

MOO obviously, but I personally don't think the repeated calls are relevant, outside of indicating the time they were alive, etc. I think its likely similar activity that they have done every other weekend they have gone out together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone driving a 2011-2013 is probably a college kid and I remember being a poor college kid and welcoming road trips. Me and my friend drove 15 hrs to Mardi Gras onetime because we couldnt afford to fly. We slept in our car at a truck stop! Can you believe how stupid we were back then. It’s amazing I wasn’t murdered as a result of my many poor college choices.

I think they did it because they were drinking, and thought it was fun, something Kaylees family have repeatedly said she did, and did often, to everyone in her life.

MOO obviously, but I personally don't think the repeated calls are relevant, outside of indicating the time they were alive, etc. I think its likely similar activity that they have done every other weekend they have gone out together.
I agree. When I'm drinking, I often call my friends a few times. It's not because anything is wrong, but because I'm a little tipsy and just want to talk. I think it's significant because those calls were placed when they were alive and it creates a more distinct timeline.

I have been baffled by the absence of the County Sheriff in the investigation. The Sheriff has jurisdiction over the county, although the city of Moscow has local PD.
Anybody have a thought about that?
While the county sheriff would have jurisdiction over the entire county, I think it is common and usual, for a municipal police department to investigate crimes withing the city, and the sheriff's department would normally investigate crimes outside of the city limits, but within the county. I actually would be more surprised to see both the Moscow PD and the Latah Co Sheriff's Dept working this case. The Idaho State Police, and the FBI have been working the case since the very beginning. The LCSO is probably better serving the community by not tying up even more investigators on the case. JMO

While the county sheriff would have jurisdiction over the entire county, I think it is common, for a municipal police department to investigate crimes withing the city, and the sheriff's department would normally investigate crimes outside of the city limits, but within the county. I actually would be more surprised to see both the Moscow PD and the Latah Co Sheriff's Dept working this case. The Idaho State Police, and the FBI have been working the case since the very beginning. The LCSO is probably better serving the community by not tying up even more investigators on the case. JMO
Agree.

Also, primary responsibilities of Sheriff Offices often include running the jails, serving warrants, working the courts, etc… and less involvement with day to day policing.

I was wondering if they left the accounts on incase the killer commented.
That's my thought. Maybe they're poring over each comment, checking the accounts of everyone who comments. It would be a good way to feel like you're doing something that could turn out to be very helpful, although it must be painful to read some of the trash that's being said.

I'm a cold-water swimmer/surfer, and I'd be surprised if it were a wet suit. They are designed to be porous enough to let a thin layer of water in, which your body then warms and uses as an additional layer of insulation. And they are meant to fit super tight to avoid drag in the water (which means they take a few minutes to remove). I could see the use of a dry suit, which can be used to keep water completely out and are not formfitting, but they are pricey ($1,000 and up).
Exactly they have to be peeled off. Not fast or convenient.

That's my thought. Maybe they're poring over each comment, checking the accounts of everyone who comments. It would be a good way to feel like you're doing something that could turn out to be very helpful, although it must be painful to read some of the trash that's being said.
I wouldn't be surprised if LE kept the profiles up because of the investigation. If you view their profiles, there are a ton of weird comments, even from before the murders happened. I truly believe that social media will be important in this case.

Agree 100% it's unlikely perp(s) would drive that distance for the football game. But it's possible an alumni of UC Davis now lives within a more drivable distance of Moscow, ID. Or a current student who's home visiting parents for Thanksgiving.

Really we're just talking about the possibility that someone non-local might have been drawn into town for the football game and later committed this crime.
A previous tennant is possible for sure.

Anyone tried a Hail Mary by going over the ESPN broadcast of the football game from the night of the murders? A lot of times right before and after commercial breaks the broadcast cuts to local b-roll footage that was shot earlier in the day or is live. Maybe by miracle the white Hyundai is seen turning a street corner in more favorable light…

In the last thread someone pointed out that the football game on the night of the murders was against UC Davis, so maybe someone from CA was there from out of town. It's against all odds, but for what it's worth a quick search of the UC Davis Marine Science Diving Safety class itemizes the required equipment with things like:

Booties
Gloves
Wet suit
Hood or hooded vest
Dive knife

I've seen more than a few speculate here on WS that the perp may have been wearing something akin to a wet suit, and I know I saw at least one comment that scuba divers use knives related to the knife profile we've read about associated with this crime. Here's what a dive knife looks like:
And here's the link to the UC Davis list of required items for the scuba class:
Highly doubt any of this is relevant info, but what is relevant can only be determined by first considering it.
Thanks for the info

I actually think that’s promising. FBI is there to help sift through info AND also to work through the digital evidence since most state level LE are not equipped or trained to do that type of forensics. I believe that the digital evidence will point them to the killer and then DNA will put that individual at the scene.
I agree that this is something to be positive about. They would not dedicate more resources to the case if they were out of leads to chase down.

I feel so many people were coming in and out of that house to party on many occasions that anyone could have slipped in and blended in with the crowd. They would have known the layout of house and most likely entrance and exits! So…for some reason they are mad and in a rage … they go to the house, hangout, visit as normal and say good bye! BUT they go downstairs and don’t leave! They wait until they think everyone is asleep and pounce. The Moscow Police log has neighbors complaining about noise and very loud music back in Sept. So-unfortunately, I feel if someone heard something that lived close by they would think it was another party. I feel LE has a big job on this case due to all the mixed DNA in the house and all the people who were coming and going from the house!

I was thinking. Do you think K and M called J all those times because they could see his home/bedroom light was on from their house?
IMO or vice versa. That’s entirely possible that they wanted J to see if someone was in the backyard from his vantage point, especially if the dog was acting up or the dog got loose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member