ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that whomever was sleeping in car found the is either known as homeless in the area, a known car "borrower", or possibly is being held on some random charge not related to the car until they can be investigated. It's very weird that this car appears, crashed, with no license plates. Possibly like someone found it on the side of the road, with no plates and maybe the keys in it, then drove it off and eventually crashed it. Possibly like whomever was originally driving it left it somewhere hoping someone would steal it and mess up any evidence in the car.

Or it could be some random 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra in white with no license plates only 8 hours from Moscow when the Moscow LE are looking for that exact model of 10 year old ish car. ;) Weirder things have happened.

The No plates part is interesting. As is one of the students (Maddie?) was born in Eugene Oregon per a previous post. I feel like they are onto something.

Probably just a coincidence but I googled "rainbow brand" to see if I could find something of interest and this popped up : Albainox

18503-a.png
Looks like the same font

He could not figure out how to get rid of it!

Report it stolen, dismantle it, sell it to a chop body shop, abandon it, set it on fire, park it in a garage or storage unit or drive into a lake. Any other ideas for making a wanted car disappear?
I'm curious if this is the car LA was seeking, I guess we wait and see.

The car has very extensive front end damage. I doubt it is drivable in this condition.

I think that whomever was sleeping in car found the is either known as homeless in the area, a known car "borrower", or possibly is being held on some random charge not related to the car until they can be investigated. It's very weird that this car appears, crashed, with no license plates. Possibly like someone found it on the side of the road, with no plates and maybe the keys in it, then drove it off and eventually crashed it. Possibly like whomever was originally driving it left it somewhere hoping someone would steal it and mess up any evidence in the car.

Or it could be some random 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra in white with no license plates only 8 hours from Moscow when the Moscow LE are looking for that exact model of 10 year old ish car. ;) Weirder things have happened.
Cops probing abandoned white Hyundai in connection with Idaho student murders

"Units made contact with the individual, but soon learned that he was homeless and not the car’s owner"

It can’t be both a drunk frat kid/bar patron who felt slighted by one of the victims that night, and someone who wore a tyvek suit and booties edit: and had a large fixed knife on hand.

IMO
Exactly correct: though even having the knife available tends to rule out the UC-Davis group; and we can't be sure about the suit.
Almost all the tyvek I've seen was white or yellow or a slightly beige color; those that are Chem Rated have their own hood and facial covering. Some even have incorporated boots...

8 hours is a pretty good distance away. I'm leaning towards this being just a colossally weird coincidence.
Out here in the west, 8 hours isn't all that long a distance, really. The distance from any smaller town to a larger area is several hours away, so the question is always what's there for me, not why go there.

FBI "Involved" in Investigating Deaths of 4 ID. Students, Why? (Again)
Congress passed a law that gave the FBI the framework to assist local LE with murders of 4 or more persons. The law defines serial killers (for this purpose,) but this publication from the FBI explains it in great detail.
IOW, any time there is a murder of more than 4 people, the fbi can get involved.
@Helechawagirl Thanks for link to that fbi.com page* which I just skimmed, planning to read and reread it. Good info, but the title itself refers to SERIAL MURDERS, and table of contents discusses serial, NOT MASS murders like this tragic killing of four people at same time and place.
Imo the ^ stmt that “IOW, any time there is a murder of more than 4 people, the fbi can get involved,” may be overly broad. And what is “involved?” Well, does not mean FBI has authority to elbow its way into another LE agency’s case and “take over everything,” not that OP said or implied that, but it’s a misinterp. sometimes made.

FBI’s mandate** is largely investigation of crimes under FEDERAL STATUTES, such as Terrorism, Counterintelligence, Cyber Crime, Public Corruption, Civil Rights, Organized Crime, White Collar Crime, Weapons of Mass Destruction.*** And sometimes assists other LE agencies in crimes under STATE STATUTES per below.

IIUC, regardless of whether a case relates to serial killer or mass killer under state stautes, when an LE agency, investigating a crime under STATE LAW, REQUESTS assistance from FBI, a fed. statute authorizes (does not mandate) FBI to provide support services to that other agency.

In its homicide investigation under STATE LAW, Moscow PD REQUESTED FBI’s assistance; FBI is providing to the Moscow PD, SUPPORT SERVICES, i.e., “Science and Lab Resources“**** which may include Biometrics and, Scientific Analysis, Forensics.

Imo jmo moo. No more hairsplitting this a.m. [LOL, wink]
** “The FBI's mandate is established in Title 28 of the United States Code (U.S. Code), Section 533, which authorizes the Attorney General to "appoint officials to detect and prosecute crimes against the United States."[65] Other federal statutes give the FBI the authority and responsibility to investigate specific crimes.” Federal Bureau of Investigation - Wikipedia
*** What We Investigate | Federal Bureau of Investigation Lists (some) FED. crimes FBI investigates.
****Science and Lab Resources — LE Lists support services which FBI may provide to state or local LE agencies investigating non-FED crimes.

Last edited:
8 hours is a pretty good distance away. I'm leaning towards this being just a colossally weird coincidence.
But factor in how much open space there is between towns in the Pacific Northwest and it's not really that far. It's called "God's Country" for a reason. Having driven through that area, you go through a town and then can go 25-30 minutes before you get to the next one easily. I'm not really getting my hopes up that this is the Elantra, but eight hours in that part of the US isn't the same as 8 hours in say the boroughs of NY.

It can’t be both a drunk frat kid/bar patron who felt slighted by one of the victims that night, and someone who wore a tyvek suit and booties edit: and had a large fixed knife on hand.

IMO
Not knowing who did this, why they did it, or how prepared they were, the possibilities are endless, and can not be underestimated, especially if there was premeditation & planning ahead of time for when the opportunity presented itself, IMO.

Who would want to go into that house? I mean really.
There are a number of true crime fanatics that honestly believe they know better than LE and could solve the case easily if they could just see the crime scene and evidence. I am aware of how out there that is, but there are people who really think this. Also going into the murder house would drive up traffic to their site/channel/etc. so never underestimate the combination of delusion & thirst for clickbait.

Has this been posted?

I have a hunch that’s not the vehicle, sat there too long, I would think by now someone would have taken it to a garage. I think Moscow knows it’s not the car. Chief Fry seems very confident in his video of a few minutes ago. Truly think they are zeroing in, my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93