ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between what LE says and what media SAYS LE said.
lol...Yes, I am aware of that. This has been posted multiple times.

EUGENE, Ore. (KVAL) — Authorities in Idaho announced on Tuesday a white Hyundai Elantra involved in a crash in Oregon has no connection to the quadruple murder of four college students in mid-November.

The Eugene Police Department said they were initially made aware of the car during the weekend when they received a call saying that a person was sleeping inside the car.

Police said the car had been involved in a "job injury crash" earlier in the week and was abandoned after the involved parties exchanged information.

But the Moscow Police Department said they spoke to the owner of the car and have determined the vehicle is not related to the murder case.

Link to LE statement provided in link (above)

Has been posted multiple times. Just posted it again, for you.
I think others are saying that the actual statement from police states that the woman who owns the car has been deemed unrelated to the case in Moscow, but somewhat conspicuously the car itself is not specified in the police statement as not involved. The journalists seem to have interpreted that police statement to mean the car is also cleared, but taken literally, the police statement doesn't actually say that.

following only in relation to there being any involvement in the Moscow murders:

“The vehicle is registered out of Colorado and the female owner is not believed to have any relation to any property in Moscow, Idaho or the ongoing murder investigations.”

Nothing about the vehicle's involvement. Zip. Zero. Nada.

They already made clear it has nothing to do with the murders.

Investigators are aware of a Hyundai Elantra located in Eugene, Oregon and have spoken with the owner. The vehicle was involved in a collision and subsequently impounded. The vehicle is registered out of Colorado and the female owner is not believed to have any relation to any property in Moscow, Idaho or the ongoing murder investigations. The public is asked to stop contacting the owner.

Respectfully, please re-read your own post with the quote from LE. The ONLY thing LE has made clear (not the media) is that the OWNER of the vehicle is not believed to be involved. LE never said the VEHICLE wasn't.

IMO, this doesn’t make sense to me. Could someone explain the relevance of a car passing the murder scene at 0300 and than this same car being seen far eastof the murder scene forty five minutes later because I don’t get it. Are people thinking that this mysterious white Elantra was casing the house and driving in circles to do so?
MOO-

The white Elantra is strange to me as well.

I watched John Walsh from Americas most wanted talk about it on an interview in regards to the Idaho case and he’s worried LE may be over focusing on it. He said when his son was kidnapped and murdered witnesses saw a blue car… it’s all they were looking for. When the man was caught he was in a brown car. Which is why he believes it could be detrimental to hyper focus on any one piece of evidence or clue in a case.

It was definitely interesting listening to him talk about it.

Personally I’ve thought the police must have stronger evidence in regards to the car they aren’t releasing to public to focus so strongly on the car.

But after watching the John Walsh interview it made me wonder.

I think others are saying that the actual statement from police states that the woman who owns the car has been deemed unrelated to the case in Moscow, but somewhat conspicuously the car itself is not specified in the police statement as not involved. The journalists have interpreted the that police statement to mean the car is also cleared, but taken literally, the police statement doesn't actually say that.
But the Moscow Police Department said they spoke to the owner of the car and have determined the vehicle is not related to the murder case.

"the vehicle is not related to the murder case."
Follow link to read actual statement

Thanks for your reply, but here is the quote from the link:

“The vehicle is registered out of Colorado and the female owner is not believed to have any relation to any property in Moscow, Idaho or the ongoing murder investigations.”

Yup, it seemed like any connection from the Idaho4 case to the Elantra in Eugene OR would be awfully convenient
No such luck
As the search for this Elantra moves from days to weeks it becomes like a unicorn

The storm that has followed this search for the elusive white Elantra does shed some light on why Amber Alerts are not put out without clear vehicle descriptions, locations, and often a license plate!

JMO

following only in relation to there being any involvement in the Moscow murders:

Nothing about the vehicle's involvement. Zip. Zero. Nada.
I see it the same way as you, except that supposedly there is a quote from Eugene PD saying the vehicle was involved in a "job injury crash" and the parties exchanged insurance information. If true (and I don't see an actual quote from EPD, just a reporter making the claim), then I feel confident we can rule out any connection to the car.

lol...Yes, I am aware of that. This has been posted multiple times.

EUGENE, Ore. (KVAL) — Authorities in Idaho announced on Tuesday a white Hyundai Elantra involved in a crash in Oregon has no connection to the quadruple murder of four college students in mid-November.

The Eugene Police Department said they were initially made aware of the car during the weekend when they received a call saying that a person was sleeping inside the car.

Police said the car had been involved in a "job injury crash" earlier in the week and was abandoned after the involved parties exchanged information.

Link to LE statement provided in link (above)
I've looked at all the links and still don't see any reference to the vehicle not being involved. I do see various reports by the MEDIA of such. Just nothing from LE.

I think others are saying that the actual statement from police states that the woman who owns the car has been deemed unrelated to the case in Moscow, but somewhat conspicuously the car itself is not specified in the police statement as not involved. The journalists seem to have interpreted that police statement to mean the car is also cleared, but taken literally, the police statement doesn't actually say that.
Thanks for stating this! Words mean things.

Yes this is exactly what I had noticed. I don't necessarily believe it was involved, but the actual words in the statement released from the police are ambiguous and I think that is why some are saying the car itself has not been cleared. My goodness, it sounds like I'm saying it is a case of a car not being cleared from a crime targeting a house ;)

I
He is probably on their “not believed to be involved” list but likely don’t want to tell the general public that. IMO, when they said that about a couple of people before, it seemed to make the internet warriors even more convinced that they had something to do with it. By them saying he is cooperating, they may be hoping that people just forget about him. If that’s the case, it seems to be working as I haven’t seen near as much vitriol on the internet about him as the other two. I could be wrong, I do avoid certain places.
I agree with the “not believed to be involved” theory you have. Sometimes you’re 1000% sure that someone’s not involved until they are.

IMO, certainly possible. But in a house like that, college kids coming and going at all hours, it seems as if the perp knew how many were inside and the layout, at least somewhat. When I went to college, it was not unusual to find people on the floor sleeping, or anywhere else they could find. To randomly go in a house like that seems Ted Bundy like.
I
Oversized coats and blazers are the trend right now for this age group - looking at the video, this looks to just be following that trend. Lots of girls who would be a size XS/S walking around in L or XL jackets and hoodies. IMO it was her coat which she intentionally purchased to be that large.
ok well then the coat should still be in her possession and there should be maybe some other photos of her wearing it. It’s an investigation so everything should be considered. I definitely wouldn’t assume it was hers.

Yes, I've seen the media report it, but I find it interesting that LE hasn't made any public statement about the vehicle itself being involved. At least that I've seen. Again, though, I may just not have seen it.

It's hard for me to believe that they've said it privately to media, but not stated it publicly, since it's a pretty key piece of info!
Follow link to LE official statement(above)

Quote Reply

How is this not clear?
"the vehicle is not related to the murder case."

Can you, or anyone, provide a link to the Moscow Police Department itself saying that? At this time, I don’t believe that a link to that exists.

So far, we have, in my opinion, random journalists saying that MPD said it, backed up by links to MPD saying something totally different.

Now, I think it’s very likely that MPD will clarify in the next day or so, and actually say what the journalists are claiming. But I don’t think it’s happened yet.

MOO

So it may possibly have been stolen or borrowed.

I've looked at all the links and still don't see any reference to the vehicle not being involved. I do see various reports by the MEDIA of such. Just nothing from LE.
The media never gets anything wrong. :rolleyes:

Obviously LE needs to make a stronger, more declarative statement regarding the vehicle's involvement.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members