ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a stranger homicide or they'd have someone. No way after 4 people get slaughtered and so much public attention they're going to wait to arrest. im leaning to stranger only because the two in the basement didnt get touched so the murder probably didnt know that they were down there probably a creepy neighbor or someone in the neighborhood that they didnt know
Let me offer you another plausible theory. It was not about killing four people or everyone in the house. It was all about killing one person and person 2, 3 and 4 were just between the killer and his exit and the intended victim. Or that the person was trying to kill one person and they were not home and all four were just between the killer and where he thought his intended target was.

I must have missed where it was said definitively that they were killed in their sleep vs just in the bed/bedroom. These threads are moving too fast for me to keep up.
I know some people can sleep through anything; I think of the Keddie Cabin murders and how there were allegedly children who slept through that attack.
It must just be my very anxious self that overlooked the fact that yes, they probably were used to ignoring odd noises at all hours of the night.
People sleep through a LOT. A knife attack is by all extensive purposes “silent” as a methodology for murder. My little sisters best friend lost her older sister to murder. The killer stalked her, hid in the garage with a shotgun, and entered through the unlocked back door and killed her in her bed asleep. Not everyone heard the shotgun, and they are loud. I’m not surprised the other roomates heard nothing of concern. They more than likely presumed it was drunk roomies or a visitor of said roomies, locked their inside bedroom doors and went to sleep. Nothing surreptitious about that. JMOO

It was the coroner if I’m not mistaken, but agreed, just because they were killed in their beds doesn’t mean they were asleep. Defensive injuries would tell the story in that regard. I think it’s pretty safe to assume they were all drinking that night, which does mean it’s pretty likely they were sleeping.
the defensive injuries cited seem to be on one or two victims. they could be just cuts to forearm or hand as victim tried to weakly block a second thrust. We do not have evidence that there was some kind of substantial struggle

I’m starting to believe this theory - that one of the downstairs roommates saw and/or heard something suspicious before she went to bed, but it wasn’t enough to convince her to call 911.
When she woke up the next morning she remembered what she had seen and/or heard, and realized that she couldn’t get through to any of the upstairs roommates. Afraid to leave her room, she called a male friend to investigate. The friend arrived, found at least one of the murders, and yelled down to the roommate (still on the first floor) to call police.
Since the first floor roommate hadn’t yet seen the scene, she relayed information to the operator that was incorrect (an unconscious person.)
JMO but it’s a theory I heard very early on and it seems to make sense.
For some reason today I keep thinking about the 2 first floor roommates. This keeps popping into my head and I wonder how much help D and B provided.

Thinking of them and just imagining the nightmares that they are having. I would not be able to sleep alone for a long time.

On Thursday, Idaho State Police spokesman Aaron Snell told ABC News that the surviving roommates are “working and talking with detectives, and they have been cooperative — very cooperative.” He said that they ultimately could be “the key to this whole thing.”

I can't remember whose video I was listening to on YouTube, but they made mention that the bottom floor at one point may have been a dwelling on its own and that the other parts were an add on of sorts. That maybe the other two didn't hear anything was because it would essentially be more soundproof, like what would now be an interior wall was once an exterior wall therefore more insulation and what not. Just throwing this out there and if anyone has anything to prove/disprove this I would be interested in this info!
My husband’s coworker lived in that house a few years ago. They told him the basement rooms are virtually soundproof. JMO

Let me offer you another plausible theory. It was not about killing for people or everyone in the house. It was all about killing one person and person 2, 3 and 4 were just between the killer and his exit and the intended victim. Or that the person was trying to kill one person and they were not home and all four were just between the killer and where he thought his intended target was.
Of course. And we are all tempted to ascribe what we know to the killer. The killer for example may have had no idea that either room contained two people. And we don't even know if he choose bedrooms based on which were locked and which were not.
In fact, it is not the most likely scenario, but for all we know one of the survivors was the intended primary victim

Yes, two ways:
As you mentioned, who is inoculated with prior victim/s blood. investigators could probably tell exact order.
Secondly if their is blood trail on killers shoes or drip blood trails from knife on flooring, whose blood was in it would also indicate sequence of victims, or at least sequence of rooms.
Yes, victim one- only their DNA
Victim two - blood co-mingle has DNA of victim one
Victim three - blood co-mingle and DNA of victims two and one
Victim Four - blood co-mingle and DNA evidence of three proceeding victims

Agreed, any blood evidence recovered on the floors/walls/ etc. could show co mingle DNA. I was merely making my observation about sequence to show who may have been the main target in the homicides based on the order of the stabbings. JMO ONLY!!

Yes, I also remember reading that at least one person, X I believe, had defensive wounds. Obviously, that doesn't mean she was able to scream or do anything to alert someone but just gave me the impression that maybe she was woken up at some point, then attacked.
I believe they were all awakened by the attack, which started in the bedrooms and in the beds, as they were asleep (according to LE). As soon as they realized what was happening I believe they reacted in a natural and primal fight or flight mode. Sometimes situations give you no alternative one way or the other. They were at a big disadvantage and trapped with a killer intent on ending them. It’s a challenge for anyone to overcome, let alone inebriated tired students. There is no time to scream when one is in the throes of a death dance and giving all their focus and energy on avoiding the blade. Pure chaos amidst a few seconds of murder. Horrid. I can’t wait until they find him. I still believe he resides nearby. Possibly within a quarter mile radius with a view of the home. He could have used binos or a telescope to stalk and monitor their comings and goings. It certainly appears as if he did some homework and prepared for the night. JMOO.

People sleep through a LOT. A knife attack is by all extensive purposes “silent” as a methodology for murder. My little sisters best friend lost her older sister to murder. The killer stalked her, hid in the garage with a shotgun, and entered through the unlocked back door and killed her in her bed asleep. Not everyone heard the shotgun, and they are loud. I’m not surprised the other roomates heard nothing of concern. They more than likely presumed it was drunk roomies or a visitor of said roomies, locked their inside bedroom doors and went to sleep. Nothing surreptitious about that. JMOO
I agree, I definitely am not trying to throw any blame their way whatsoever nor do I think they had anything to do with it.

Rumors and speculation

Sleuths following the University of Idaho murders investigation suggested one person’s photo of a successful hunting trip was evidence of nefarious leanings, the Associated Press reports.

They may have been unaware that hunting is a common pastime for many Idaho families and that fixed-blade knives are a basic tool for anyone who field-dresses wild game.

Others chased rumours posted to a wholly anonymous online message forum best known as a source of hoaxes, scandals and misinformation. Those rumours criticized and published personal information about various people in the Moscow area, suggesting they should be suspects.

Some even examined obituaries of other University of Idaho students who have died in the past few years in an attempt to tie them to the homicide victims, though none of the other deaths were the result of foul play.

At least one grieving family member went online to ask people to stop trying to link his child’s death to the case and to respect the family’s privacy.

Police are welcoming tips but urging people to stay focused on the information released by the police department, not guesses and rumours.
I go back to the basics. Who had motive and who was close to victims?

I agree, I definitely am not trying to throw any blame their way whatsoever nor do I think they had anything to do with it.
And I never wanted to infer as much. There are alternate theories and hypothetical “what ifs” to each and every angle. This is a riddle of a puzzle. LE has their work cut out for them. Jmoo

The amount of information LE has on this case has to be over the top. With that being said, I believe we will see an arrest in the next few weeks...hopefully sooner.

I would love to know if any search warrants and or probable cause affidavit's have been issued.

I think one way or another, the "unconscious" report might have come from the caller not wanting to get too close to the victim. Something like this:

911: Check to see if they are breathing, etc, etc (imo!)

Roommates: Nah, this is too scary! (Imo!)

So it gets called unconscious because they couldn't check for all the specifics 911 always asks (when I call, anyway).
It is a very frightening thing to find someone unconscious and not breathing. I found my elderly father in his bed with his oxygen pushed up over his nose, did not know for sure if he was still alive and breathing but immediately instructed my then 14 year old great nephew to dial 911 while I moved my father to the floor to start CPR. Only after dialing 911 on the landline and relaying information did I instruct him to use his cell to call my sister who lives next door and is an RN.

I wonder if perhaps that D and B called friends and/or siblings of E because those people were on their speed dial or easily found in contacts.

It is a very frightening thing to find someone unconscious and not breathing. I found my elderly father in his bed with his oxygen pushed up over his nose, did not know for sure if he was still alive and breathing but immediately instructed my then 14 year old great nephew to dial 911 while I moved my father to the floor to start CPR. Only after dialing 911 on the landline and relaying information did I instruct him to use his cell to call my sister who lives next door and is an RN.

I wonder if perhaps that D and B called friends and/or siblings of E because those people were on their speed dial or easily found in contacts.
It seems the logical and obvious thing to do. They must have been terrified. It’s not something anyone sees on any given day. It’s also something NONE who witnessed the scene can ever UNSEE. I can’t even imagine.

The amount of information LE has on this case has to be over the top. With that being said, I believe we will see an arrest in the next few weeks...hopefully sooner.

I would love to know if any search warrants and or probable cause affidavit's have been issued.

Idaho Murders Update as 50 Search Warrants Obtained in ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Police › Investigation

Dec 13, 2022 — The Latah County Prosecutor's Office said it's working with investigators "as a team" on the case of the four murdered college students.

Complete agree. And shoving an 8" knife into someone's upper chest is almost certainly going to stop them from making any sound at all. These are deep extreme trauma knife thrusts, with a huge knife designed to kill people silently, used from above, with full body weight of assailant on likely prone deeply sleeping people, 3/4 of them petite females. This in a party house, on a party night.
Does anyone think that the perp had to mount (sit on top) of the victims? Or did he just start stabbing from a standing position? Maybe back and forth from one sleeping victim to the other. (shudder the thought)

I think it’s hard to come to conclusions because the public doesn’t have many facts. Do we know for sure how many people were at the house when Dylan and Bethany arrived home earlier than the others? Did someone come to the house to visit and then the residents thought they left the house when in fact they had not left? Do we know for sure what rooms everyone was sleeping? We know Kaylee and Maddie were together from Kaylee’s Dad but we don’t know for sure which room? Which room was Bethany and Dylan in? We have been told downstairs but at this point, was this from LE? Which bedroom downstairs? How many people were in and out of the house following the crime and before LE arrived? I’ve heard so many different accounts that it’s hard to decipher everything!
Agreed! September 1st noise complaint video raised a lot of questions for me on sleeping arrangements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592