ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple days ago, LE stated they are looking for camera footage along Taylor Ave, Hwy 95, West Palouse River Dr but they didn't ask for anything on Blake Ave which is the north exit a suspect driving a vehicle would use. I find that strange.

sorry I made several different posts with the pictures of camera locations. I'm giving these locations in case the perp did drive. He very well could have walked or rode a bike. As a matter of fact, that is what I believe to be the case. But in case he did drive, he's got some problems I would say, lol.
Are you emailing them to LE?

I’ve read some posts here that the dog barked later, was very upset.
Snipped for focus. Do you have a link, please? I've only seen posts about the dog of the neighbours of Buddy's owners being very upset the evening Buddy was killed.

If it was the related to the skinning of the other dog and rabbit I'd think it wouldn't be spared. JMO
Here's a scenario. The four friends get home around the same time, around 1:55. They see dog is missing. They look for the dog. They're outside, calling for the dog.. After an hour or so they start to call J to let him know dog is missing. "Come help!" . They didn't call right away because they figure he'd be upset and they're sure dog can't be far away. Killer has the dog already because in a small town, doors tend to stay unlocked OR building on my previous speculation, the person knows the code to the house because he or she DOES know the victims. Maybe not a close friend, but an acquaintance, or someone in their classes. Or a frat brother or sorority sis. He grabbed the dog when the house was empty. He/she knocks on the door, "Hey, found your dog!" and gets invited in for a celebratory drink. Maybe sticks some sleepytime meds in their drinks if they decide to have a last one to celebrate. Helps them upstairs. The ones with defensive wounds aren't as deeply under, they wake up when he starts his killing and try to defend themselves. JMO.

I’m of the opinion that the dog skinner and student killer could be the same person. If you are not, please feel free to scroll on by .

If I am reading the map correctly, the skinning event took place somewhere in the vicinity of Red Pheasant House (have a look on Google Maps and let me know if it looks the same to you). Somebody was out there, late at night, where s/he did not belong, took that dog, killed and skinned it and possibly took its pelt (trophy?). Why not simply kill the dog and take it away to skin it? Surely there’s be less chance of being seen. It’s just so brazen and unhinged…but also confident and skilled, which strikes me personally as consistent with the characteristics that the student killer has displayed.

Looking through the police logs of the three weeks or so prior to the student murders, I didn’t see any other reports of similar animal attacks. I wonder if this person travels and whether similar animal skinnings like this one have been reported in other area, like WA which is so close by.

Very recently, accused killer Logan Clegg was found at a library on South Burlington, VT. He was quite a mover, both across the US and in Europe. He had a camp on the campus of the University of Vermont at the time he was caught and was getting ready to leave the US the very next day.

I bring up Clegg because I think it may well be possible that the student killer is a mover, living a transient style of life. Unlike Clegg, though, this perpetrator likes knives. This leads me to wonder about businesses, services, etc. that one might access if living transiently. Goodwill store, outdoor supplies, library, etc. Perhaps someone began appearing about a month or so ago and has recently left? Antisocial, quiet type, maybe arrogant?

Idk. Just some thoughts to share about other avenues to explore.

If this guy is transient, he's moving around by car. The area where the dog was killed is in a rural area 3 miles away north east of where the 4 students were murdered. He'd be seen somewhere driving this car. And if he's driving a car, how does he pay for gas? Gas is expensive now.

I don't see the transient angle. But it's just my opinion. This guy is a young local or he's a student.

A few things I keep thinking about. They said they had defensive wounds, which means there was a fight. The killer must have been cut, hurt, his/her blood has to be in the house and they must have scratches, cuts etc. The killer also had to have been exhausted killing 4 with a knife and there was a struggle. Maybe killing the other two roommates was too much or the doors were shut to their rooms. I think the killer intended to kill all of them. I can't shake the feeling that it is an older male that they recently rebuked or embarrassed or someone who hated college kids, a loner for sure. It reminds me of Bundy and he hated the women, so there is hate involved. I don't believe this is an unintelligent person. It is someone in the community and they are close to the investigation, either volunteering or lingering. Just my thoughts.

I just watched the 2nd presser and that police chief had broken out in hives by the end those journos had some questions he clearly didnt want to answer for fear of slipping up and giving away confidential info imo.

I do however find it odd that the 2 surviving roomates got home at 1am and a call was not placed until 11.58am drunk or not that's a massive time lapse. The police chief said he cannot explain how they didnt wake why didnt he just say they passed out he never said that why is everyone assuming they were blind drunk when 1am isnt that late and K&M were home later and didnt appear extremely drunk from video footage at the food truck. How did they both in separate rooms in the basement wake up at the exact same time and no one needed to go to level 2 where the kitchen was located slightly earlier for some water if they were so hungover because they had a massive night and slept through 4x murders? This imo is not random at all. The killer has been in that house before to navigate it in the dark and the reason those 2 girls survived in the basement is they were simply not the target. It makes me think the 2 girls up on level 3 K or M were the target but they had to go thru Ethan and Xana to get to them or 1 of them heard a noise and contronted the killer briefly. Also perhaps the poi (police chief won't disclose if they have one just said no suspect in custody) has been to the house so many times they can explain trace DNA as a frequent visitor. If killer wore thick gloves perhaps there were no bloody fingerprints left behind period. I really hope LE can get a breakthrough soon for the grieving families.
At that age myself, after a good night out of partying I was known to sleep until noon. As were my roomates. Your out until late fueled with alcohol, the body needs to recover.

You think they are just winging it? Because they are a smaller jurisdiction? They have brought in the FBI and many state resources. Over 80 people are actively working this case. I don't think they are winging it. IMO the message has been tightly controlled.
This may have already been covered &/or may not be interesting, but YES we have a small department. However, this is our third mass/spree murder (2007, 2015, 2022), so absolutely not the first time we’ve had reason to work with other jurisdictions, and not just on “big” crimes. Our chief has been on the force for a 27 decades so was part of those previous tragedies. IMHO, there’s something different this time.

The concern here in the community is the apparent delay in getting ISP & their resources here. And the conflicting info & messaging. And delays.

MOO

here's a photo from inside K's bedroom to give more context: someone can easily lurk there in the dark and look inside the rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor from the slope behind the house
Absolutely. The person responsible for the murders could have been watching the activity in the house for a while - easily learning their routines, who slept where, and who was or was not staying at the house. That person could see when the lights were turned off at night.

Interesting! Now Ted Williams is saying the survivors were located on the first floor, which would make sense. Whether or not his reporting is solid, I'll leave to you guys.
It's been reported on several occasions that the victims were located on the 2nd and 3rd floors, and the survivors were on the first floor.

Interesting! Now Ted Williams is saying the survivors were located on the first floor, which would make sense. Whether or not his reporting is solid, I'll leave to you guys.
He also stated the medical examiner said there was blood on the walls inside the home. I don't think I've heard that until now. That could mean a couple different things..

Another police report that stood out to me:

Su NOV 13
22-M09896 Alcohol Offense
Incident Address: TAYLOR AVE; Band Field
MOSCOW ID 83843
Disposition: ACT
Time Reported: 03:01
Cad Comments:
Officer requested a case. Report taken.

MOO: This is right within the TOD window, and although I haven't been able to find where the "Band Field" is located, Taylor Ave is a block north of the students' residence. Can any of the locals verify where the "Band Field" would be and how far from the residence that is?

not an expert in DNA testing but from what iv seen, it gets a little crazy in mixed samples and such but they should be able to tell how many contributors and possibly what sex, that still doesn't tell them who that contributors that are not known are

I think their best (and quickest) hope is if any of the victims managed to scratch the perp .... leaving possible DNA under the fingernails.

And I guess that depends on how well the killer protected themselves, perhaps wearing gloves, a balaclava.

If this guy is transient, he's moving around by car. The area where the dog was killed is in a rural area 3 miles away north east of where the 4 students were murdered. He'd be seen somewhere driving this car. And if he's driving a car, how does he pay for gas? Gas is expensive now.

I don't see the transient angle. But it's just my opinion. This guy is a young local or he's a student.
He could be moving around by Greyhound bus and on foot, I guess. Especially if a hunter and used to moving around unseen in rural areas, woods etc. Probably an unusual scenario for the US but I don't think anything should be ruled out just because unusual or unlikely.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> Someone on the forum said this type of knife might have a gizmo (?) on it that would prevent the hand from sliding down onto the blade. Also, what if he was wearing thick gloves?

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things I keep thinking about. They said they had defensive wounds, which means there was a fight. The killer must have been cut, hurt, his/her blood has to be in the house and they must have scratches, cuts etc. The killer also had to have been exhausted killing 4 with a knife and there was a struggle. Maybe killing the other two roommates was too much or the doors were shut to their rooms. I think the killer intended to kill all of them. I can't shake the feeling that it is an older male that they recently rebuked or embarrassed or someone who hated college kids, a loner for sure. It reminds me of Bundy and he hated the women, so there is hate involved. I don't believe this is an unintelligent person. It is someone in the community and they are close to the investigation, either volunteering or lingering. Just my thoughts.
The fact that some of the victims (I have only seen X reported to have them) does not equal the killer having wounds. A victim only raising their arms or hands in front of their own body would be a defensive wound. I hope they scrated the hell out of the perp but I just don't believe any of them got a chance.

I see a lot of people tying this to the mutilation/killing of the dog and rabbit. Isn't this something that is normally done in the teenage years? Seems like in every serial killer case I have watched this has been the case. Unless a teenager committed these murders (which I don't believe they did) this is why I don't believe the crimes are connected.

MOO
I don't think it would be a good idea to completely ignore it though. I hope LE are not ignoring it. One thing I am sure of, is that a filleting and skinning of a pet is not common or normal, teenager or not. AFAIK, the killer could be a teenager. Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko