ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clarifying so as to not confuse people further.
Of course! I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong. I've been at WS a couple months and appreciate the rules and structure, and I usually tell on myself if I mess up. This case has been spectacularly confusing due to the communications chaos in the first couple days of this whole ordeal and I think my source got lost in all the hundreds of articles.

Thaks, Otto. With the half wall the stairs are clearly visible. So now I wonder if maybe the killings did not go as well as the killer had planned, or hoped--or maybe it was darker and more difficult to navigate on the first floor--and the perp felt like it was time to leave.
If the perp wasn't familiar with the house and residents, they might not have realized there were bedrooms on that level.

Maybe if the door to the second floor bedroom was locked they looked in the window? I don't see how you'd distinguish between "sleeping" and "unconscious" to call the police though.
Definitely possible. The recent update from the police states “they believed one of the second floor victims had passed out and was not waking up”.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever thought that the police know M&K arrived after 1:52 and that E&X arrived after 2am and maybe they think the SP is the one who arrived at 1:45 and waited… and that’s why they are saying that… in an effort to get video of the SP entering at that time.

The contradiction that is confusing at the heart of this is that it seems somehow opportunistic. Six people all out and about till random times, no way to predict what time they will be home. No way to guarantee they will all be asleep by a certain time. And yet to have gotten away with it like this, makes it feel like it must have been carefully orchestrated.

Why plan an attack on one person and strike when five others were at home?
Why plan an attack on two people and strike when four others were home?
Why plan an attack on four people and strike with two potential witnesses in the house?
Why plan an attack on six people on a night when they are all in different places/random movements? And why, given that two remained asleep, not attack all six?

those are the questions I have. And, in a communal house like that, no telling if one of thr boyfriends or someone else with the key code may show up at anytime.

I think the reason so many people think that Kaylee and Madison were the targets is because, given the layout of the house, the killer first encountered Ethan and Xana and kept going. If the targets were Ethan and Xana why wouldn't the killer simply leave?

The thing is, maybe the killer did kill Kaylee and Madison first and could've been confronted by Ethan and/or Xana on his/her way out.
I agree and this would explain how killer gained access to a potentially locked bedroom without breaking it down... E may have peeked out, can t remain a witness, then bedroom door gets locked up again on killer's way out

Moo

Did we ever hear more details about the Range Rover Kaylee recently bought? Might have missed it but it sounds like she didn't have a job... A car is a huge purchase for a college student, especially if she didn't have a steady job. Curious where that money came from
The car is a 2016 Range Rover Evoque. Current resale prices in my area are around $21K although dependent on condition/mileage/options. I could see her getting a loan for that amount quite easily especially if parents cosigned.

In comparing the friend lists of KG and MM on Instagram, it’s interesting that KG wasn’t following her ex, JD, while MM (and XK — couldn’t tell if EC was, his account is private) were all still following him.

I bring this up not to cast suspicion on JD, as LE has been clear about that not being their position, but to add context to the flurry of phone calls from both girls’ phones the night of the murders. Trying to get in touch via MM’s phone makes sense, as it seems like she remained a neutral to him (from a social media standpoint). JMO, of course.

Edited: Corrected an initial

Last edited:
and here's even more proof K and M left the food truck at 1:53. someone in the stream chat used the time command to find out local time just as K and M were about to walk away

View attachment 381656

Nice catch. It's abundantly clear they left no earlier than 1:52am, so it's very strange that LE is sticking to the 1:45am timeline. Is it normal for LE to just round up or down when constructing these timelines? I kinda doubt it but I'm not an experienced sleuther tbh.

Of course! I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong. I've been at WS a couple months and appreciate the rules and structure, and I usually tell on myself if I mess up. This case has been spectacularly confusing due to the communications chaos in the first couple days of this whole ordeal and I think my source got lost in all the hundreds of articles.
Spectacularly confusing, absolutely.

Wow, I am so sorry, I can't find the link now. I just looked for like 20 mins. I'm going to alert a mod to my post for deletion since the link is gone. I DID read an interview with this tenant on a news website.
It was posted here, on an earlier thread. I read it as well. Maybe check the media thread?

Question/clarification about floor plan Otto shared with respect to third floor & understanding it, please.

I know a young women who was in the house some time back (year or two ago) & her recollection is the flight of stairs from second to third floor makes a 360 degree turn: bathroom & door to one bedroom are on that 3rd floor. To get up to the other 3rd floor bedroom with the slider & deck, you have to turn & go up a couple/few more steps.

Does that mesh with the floor plans Otto posted? Or might her recollection be inaccurate?

Maybe you can ask whether this looks right.
1669075638500.png

Bold and color emphasis by me. 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Trulia

I am sure this has been covered in the hundreds of pages and I have tried to keep up. But this jumped out at me. Not sure what to make of this but pets were clearly not allowed. I was looking for any clues on soundproofing. Pretty bold to have a dog LIVE there if no pets are allowed?

One of the top campus housing options available! - Sought after location within close walking/biking/driving distance to campus and Greek Row. Ideal set up for roommates with 2 beds / 1 bath on each level. Great outdoor living and entertaining space with large deck and patio.. This 6 bed / 3 full bath home has been fully renovated in 2018 - 2019. Recent updates included new kitchen (cabinets, counters, appliances), 2 fully remodeled bathrooms and newer flooring throughout (no carpet). Washer/Dryer in unit and reserved off-street parking. Easy living with low maintenance landscaping. Sorry no pets allowed. Tenants responsible for all utilities. Professionally managed by Team Idaho Real Estate & Property Management (one of Moscow's longest standing property management firms!) All maintenance is performed by qualified, licensed, and insured professionals. All major systems (roof, furnace, etc have been updated in recent years). A proactive maintenance program with annual dryer vent cleaning, bi-annual furnace servicing, and proactive quarterly maintenance inspections. No Pets Allowed (RLNE5514586)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti