ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible pathways to I84 and the Snake River

That looks to be near Zone 1 according to the early map of the search area. Police were initially going to send a K-9 through the farm fields, and since then they've had multiple canine teams go through 3,000+ acres of farmland. I imagine it would have been rough on the dogs & handlers since it was in the triple digits, temperature wise, during those initial search days.

"Police would be sending a K-9 to the agriculture areas, due to extra care needed in agricultural areas"

"We have methodically and thoroughly searched over 3000 acres of farm ground with multiple certified canine teams."

6104082a929ea.image.jpg

1. Police aim to ‘recreate a complete picture’ in case of missing boy

2. Log In or Sign Up to View

Last edited:
What is in that backyard at 902? Is that a shed? There’s a lot of stuff there with a large tree blocking my view.

It seems to be something like a shed with open/wooden lattice sides. Although Google says that image was captured May 2012, so it's not exactly recent

What if Michael went right on 8th trying to get back home? Thinking he would find his home…

Continued on down 8th until he got to intersection of Whitley Drive and Whitley Court.

Turned left and traveled up Whitley Court until he got to the road (underpass??) until he got to SW 7th. There’s a garage, another business and an RSO lives right there on SW 7th. Are we allowed to post his address?

Last edited:
Google Maps

Google Maps
*Eta: 9 minutes walking this 0.4 mile
F J H Age 54 (Aug 1966)

F J Jr H <modsnip>

Crime: ORS 163 415- SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE 3RD DEGREE, Offense date: 1993-03-24,

Statute: 18-1508 Crime: ORS 163 415- SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE 3RD DEGREE, Offense date: 1993-03-24, Statute: 18-1508

Address: 729 Sw 7th St
Zip Code: 83619-2518
Sex: Male Date of birth: 1966-08-28
Eye color: Hazel
Hair color: Brown
Height: 6'02"
Weight: 260 lbs.
Race: White
Registration date: 2021-06-04
Registered sex offenders in Fruitland, Idaho - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city

Primary Address
729 SW 7TH ST
FRUITLAND, ID 83619-2518
PAYETTE COUNTY
A map of this registrant's address may be
available, click here to view it.
*Click viewer.He’s not supposed to be that close to an elementary school, is he?
Idaho State Police - SOR Sex Offender Details
*I discussed this with a mod and have permission to post this information. See:
Rules - Rules on Sex Offenders

*looks like his crimes were in Oregon:
ORS 163.415 - Sexual abuse in the third degree

Last edited by a moderator:
Fruitland is only a bit over 5,500 in population, hence small PD. Most of the outlying cities from the major ones, i.e. Boise, Ontario, etc. are farming communities. Not surprised at the size of the PD. Bad feeling about this, either he's slipped down a well, or some other small, hard to find spot, or someone is hiding him, or driven off with him. Leaning toward the latter two as I would think LE canines would have found a sent otherwise. PRAYING!!!

Last edited:
Was hoping for an update..have followed all posts. I personally do not think he wandered towards the Snake River. Five year olds wander but not that far and he would have tried to find his way home a long time ago. If he was that friendly I could see him knocking on someones door asking for help to find his house. That someone would have called LE about a little boy who was lost unless that someone was up to no good. So, accident and not found yet, which is hard to believe considering the searches that have been done, or an evil . I just want little fellar, with his big plastic bat and little shoes and messed up hair, found NOW! Reminds me of my too boys when they were this little. :(:(

Was hoping for an update..have followed all posts. I personally do not think he wandered towards the Snake River. Five year olds wander but not that far and he would have tried to find his way home a long time ago. If he was that friendly I could see him knocking on someones door asking for help to find his house. That someone would have called LE about a little boy who was lost unless that someone was up to no good. So, accident and not found yet, which is hard to believe considering the searches that have been done, or an evil ***. I just want little fellar, with his big plastic bat and little shoes and messed up hair, found NOW! Reminds me of my too boys when they were this little. :(:(
Yep. I think all he wanted to do is walk around and see what’s going on around the neighborhood. I think it’s entirely possible that mom and dad got busy with some task, conversation or general life activities. Michael was bored so he took a walkabout on a nice early evening. Did he have friends that he sometimes walked to with his mom? I think he might have been a confident enough kid to extend his path beyond his normal routines. Maybe he got lost. He pivoted and circled back trying to find his way home to his home, his mom and dad, his room, his toys…

Yep. I think all he wanted to do is walk around and see what’s going on around the neighborhood. I think it’s entirely possible that mom and dad got busy with some task, conversation or general life activities. Michael was bored so he took a walkabout on a nice early evening. Did he have friends that he sometimes walked to with his mom? I think he might have been a confident enough kid to extend his path beyond his normal routines. Maybe he got lost. He pivoted and circled back trying to find his way home to his home, his mom and dad, his room, his toys…
Don't think we know if his mum and dad were both home at the time he went missing though...

The city of Fruitland added a section for Michael on their website.

"The webpage regarding the search for Michael was put together by people with the city and the Fruitland Police Department, according to an email today from Lynn Hightower, spokeswoman for the Idaho State Police, who is assisting Chief JD Huff and his department with communications. The website is available at Find Michael Vaughan - City of Fruitland Idaho.

The sited details a new way for people to provide tips regarding Michael’s case, which includes an email address, findmichael@fruitland.org, as well as a link to Idaho’s Crime Stoppers page, which has various ways for people to report anonymous tips.

Any significant updates will be posted on that webpage, as soon as possible.

The webpage also includes a downloadable poster that people can print it, hang it up and share it freely."

Community sets up webpage for missing boy

Last edited:
Fruitland is only a bit over 5,500 in population, hence small PD. Most of the outlying cities from the major ones, i.e. Boise, Ontario, etc. are farming communities. Not surprised at the size of the PD. Bad feeling about this, either he's slipped down a well, or some other small, hard to find spot, or someone is hiding him, or driven off with him. Leaning toward the latter two as I would think LE canines would have found a sent otherwise. PRAYING!!!
Yeah I can’t figure out why they haven’t found his scent. Sigh.

It looks like temps in July and August for that area are highs in the 90s and lows in the 50s and 60s. Does anyone know if there have been any days of inclement weather since he went missing?

Every day that passes my heart breaks even more for this sweet monkey

Another thought I have.. its been said that monkey was outside often going from house to house looking for someone to play with.. wouldn't it seem like dogs should pick up on something!? But.... nothing??! I'm perplexed..

It looks like temps in July and August for that area are highs in the 90s and lows in the 50s and 60s. Does anyone know if there have been any days of inclement weather since he went missing?...

It was in the triple digits for most days after he went missing. Three days where it hit 104°. If he was out wandering around and lost I can imagine it would be very easy for him to get heat stroke or dehydrated.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fruitland/83619/july-weather/332659

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member