Appearance
Hair: Brown
Eye: Hazel
Scars And Marks: Scar on abdomen

54167f94d502c.image.jpg

Patrick Beavers (courtesy photo)▲
Jan 15, 2015.
Disappeared at age 24 on April 3, 1997.

Brown hair, hazel eyes, 5-foot-10, 180 to 250 pounds.

Beavers walked away from his Jerome home on a snowy spring night in 1997. He cut up his ID and left his wallet, rifle, coat and tax forms spread out in his room.

He also left a note: “My Will,” he wrote. “Mom gets everything. Sorry but my time here is up. Love you all, no blame. Exsept [sic] my own. P Beavers.”

The family hopes someone knows something or remembers seeing Patrick, a bearded man with a large build, walking that night. The night he left, his mother, Barbara Zysett, said she and husband Merle went to bed while Patrick was still watching movies with his nieces and nephews.

“He said, ‘I need to walk to the bank, to the ATM,’ and he never returned,” Barbara said in 2012.

A sister, Sheila Van Zant-Lewis, said her daughter told her Patrick came in her room about midnight, told her he loved her and said goodbye. That night, the temperature dropped to 21 degrees, Van Zant-Lewis remembersa heavy snow falling that night. About 40 people, including from Jerome County Search and Rescue, the county Sheriff’s Office and the Jerome Police Department, searched an area south of Jerome, including the north rim of the Snake River Canyon. One boat and a light airplane helped in the search.

Barbar, who has retinitis pigmentosa, has been legally blind since she was 15. The disease slowly narrows the field of vision over time. Van Zant-Lewis said Patrick had gone to an eye doctor who said he may have inherited the disease shortly before he disappeared. For a while, he wore dark wrap-around glasses because his eyes were sensitive to light.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/magicv...a1e8a634-9cea-11e4-8dc9-6b4e1c4d8c91.amp.html

PJBeavers.jpg
PJBeavers1.jpg

Name: Patrick Jason Beavers
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 3, 1997
Location Last Seen: Jerome, Jerome County, Idaho

Physical Description
Date of Birth: October 18, 1972
Race: White
Height: 5'10" to 6'0"
Weight: 180-250 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on abdomen from appendix being removed. He wore a full beard or mustache. He has been diagnosed as antisocial. He tends to avoid people in most situations. He may be suicidal. He has visual perception problems. He has to wear dark, wrap around type sunglasses due to a light sensitivity condition and may even wear the sunglasses during the evening hours. He has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Disproportionate upper to lower body ratio. He smokes expensive cigars and drinks Scotch, however, he does not frequent bars. He is a loner who enjoys reading and long distance hiking.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Shoe size 9.5. He may wear a black coat/jean jacket, blue jeans, and blue denim vests. He frequently wore Hanes T-shirts, flannels with a pocket on the front, pants (size 36x32 or 38x32), jeans mostly Rustler Wranglers, or dress pants.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Wore dark/black wrap around sun glasses due to light sensitivity.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Patrick Jason Beavers, also known as Pat, disappeared sometime between the evening of April 3, 1997 and the morning of April 4, 1997. He left a goodbye note which could be taken as a suicide note.

He had been drinking hard alcohol and cut up his identification. He left a note and walked off in the middle of the night after having a disagreement with his stepfather about his being unemployed. It was snowing.

Patrick usually carried pepper spray on a chain and a multi-purpose pocket knife. He did not know how to drive. An extensive search was made the following day of the canyon and surrounding desert area. Prior to disappearing, he had purchased new camping gear and clothes that he did not take with him.

PJBeavers.jpg
PJBeavers1.jpg

Name: Patrick Jason Beavers
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 3, 1997
Location Last Seen: Jerome, Jerome County, Idaho

Physical Description
Date of Birth: October 18, 1972
Race: White
Height: 5'10" to 6'0"
Weight: 180-250 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on abdomen from appendix being removed. He wore a full beard or mustache. He has been diagnosed as antisocial. He tends to avoid people in most situations. He may be suicidal. He has visual perception problems. He has to wear dark, wrap around type sunglasses due to a light sensitivity condition and may even wear the sunglasses during the evening hours. He has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Disproportionate upper to lower body ratio. He smokes expensive cigars and drinks Scotch, however, he does not frequent bars. He is a loner who enjoys reading and long distance hiking.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Shoe size 9.5. He may wear a black coat/jean jacket, blue jeans, and blue denim vests. He frequently wore Hanes T-shirts, flannels with a pocket on the front, pants (size 36x32 or 38x32), jeans mostly Rustler Wranglers, or dress pants.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Wore dark/black wrap around sun glasses due to light sensitivity.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Patrick Jason Beavers, also known as Pat, disappeared sometime between the evening of April 3, 1997 and the morning of April 4, 1997. He left a goodbye note which could be taken as a suicide note.

He had been drinking hard alcohol and cut up his identification. He left a note and walked off in the middle of the night after having a disagreement with his stepfather about his being unemployed. It was snowing.

Patrick usually carried pepper spray on a chain and a multi-purpose pocket knife. He did not know how to drive. An extensive search was made the following day of the canyon and surrounding desert area. Prior to disappearing, he had purchased new camping gear and clothes that he did not take with him.

Thank you for posting this. I know his sister is a WS member. I never forget about Patrick.

My brother passed away after a 4 year battle with leukemia 45 years ago. I miss him every single day, but at least I know what happened. I ache for these families that have no closure at all. :(

Hello, I just came across Patrick's case because someone on the "Mostly Harmless" thread wrote that Patrick was recently ruled-out as being MH.

My heart goes out to him, because I know what deep depression feels like, and my heart goes out to his family. I hope you get an answer very soon.

Hello, I just came across Patrick's case because someone on the "Mostly Harmless" thread wrote that Patrick was recently ruled-out as being MH.

My heart goes out to him, because I know what deep depression feels like, and my heart goes out to his family. I hope you get an answer very soon.

Yes, he was ruled out as Denim - I do not know why he was not ruled out sooner since so many people had called on it it seems. On another note someone posted our mother is never seen wearing dark glasses. That is silly why would she wear them indoors? or for photos? She always wears dark glasses when under flourescent or sunlight to keep the disease from progressing.

Thank you for posting this. I know his sister is a WS member. I never forget about Patrick.

My brother passed away after a 4 year battle with leukemia 45 years ago. I miss him every single day, but at least I know what happened. I ache for these families that have no closure at all. :(

Someone had said that they wondered if it was actually Pat's handwriting in his note. My mom provided his check register for me to do a comparison to make sure and in it there is a purchase of parts for a car. I did not think Pat knew how to drive and since he was new to the area he did not have any friends to pick up parts for. My car was fine, parents cars were fine, brothers' car was fine but parked I believe. There is no explanation for this purchase. Upon talking with my mom further it turns out Pat did know how to drive he just did not like to since he was in that accident and they were broadsided by a diesel and pushed off a cliff and hung up on a tree in Sequoia. That is why he walked everywhere after that.

Thank you for your support. Just to note I hate that first pic of Pat and don't think it looks much like him at all. Just saying. I will post some other pictures as they come across.

It has been what 23 years now or something like that and not a single valid lead. WTF I did not intend on spending the majority of my life looking at unidentified persons or searching every big guy walking down the roads face to see if there is any recognition. I should not know details of John Does all the way from Canada to Mexico. My grandson told me the other day I am always so busy. How, am I always so busy? Because I search for my brother because my mother can't and I get no support for my efforts it is all on me. I have considered just abandoning the websites and pages and just letting things take their course. I do genealogy and ran across another missing Pat in our family years ago Patty Hogue - Toliver and talked with the police department and listed her on my brothers pages. I got a call last week from a Detective in California who thought a Jane Doe they had may be her. Just a few counties over from where she was missing from and been there since 1978. He got my info from Facebook and my posts so I guess maybe I should not abandon my endeavors because at least Patty's sister is still alive and would like some closier after all these years if it turns out it is her. I think I have better luck and it is a lot easier to match up missing animals though. I Admin a site for this as well. I just want it to be known to any person who is thinking about making themselves disappear - don't do it - not knowing causes wrinkles in life you could not imagine. Children who were not even thought of when you disappear can suffer the repercussions from your actions when Grandma is always "busy". I have set aside dealing with financial issues, personal issues, health, you name it because I get caught up in searching. Patrick if you are alive and happen to read this it needs to stop. Give your family known and unknown some peace somehow and tell us where you are or show someone somehow.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg BlueStacks_ScreenShot.jpg p3.jpg p5.jpg p6.jpg p7.jpg p8.jpg p4.jpg
I used a image modification:cool: program and added every possible look along with age progression in an attempt to see what he would like if he altered his appearance in any way shape or form in the hopes someone would recognize him if he had. The base pictures are over 25 years old so bear in mind that he may look :confused: completely different now and if he is alive he could be skinnier or heavier as well.:eek:

Last edited:
It has been what 23 years now or something like that and not a single valid lead. WTF I did not intend on spending the majority of my life looking at unidentified persons or searching every big guy walking down the roads face to see if there is any recognition. I should not know details of John Does all the way from Canada to Mexico. My grandson told me the other day I am always so busy. How, am I always so busy? Because I search for my brother because my mother can't and I get no support for my efforts it is all on me. I have considered just abandoning the websites and pages and just letting things take their course. I do genealogy and ran across another missing Pat in our family years ago Patty Hogue - Toliver and talked with the police department and listed her on my brothers pages. I got a call last week from a Detective in California who thought a Jane Doe they had may be her. Just a few counties over from where she was missing from and been there since 1978. He got my info from Facebook and my posts so I guess maybe I should not abandon my endeavors because at least Patty's sister is still alive and would like some closier after all these years if it turns out it is her. I think I have better luck and it is a lot easier to match up missing animals though. I Admin a site for this as well. I just want it to be known to any person who is thinking about making themselves disappear - don't do it - not knowing causes wrinkles in life you could not imagine. Children who were not even thought of when you disappear can suffer the repercussions from your actions when Grandma is always "busy". I have set aside dealing with financial issues, personal issues, health, you name it because I get caught up in searching. Patrick if you are alive and happen to read this it needs to stop. Give your family known and unknown some peace somehow and tell us where you are or show someone somehow.
Your frustration is certainly understandable, looking for one missing person is hard enough, never mind two people!
One day, everything will fall into place, maybe when you least expect it and when it is most needed.
Truly hoping that time will be soon!
Ws thead..
CA - CA - Patsy Hogue Toliver, 43, Modesto, 12 August 1978

I think I may just stop looking and just wait and see what happens.

It's truly okay to take time for yourself. Take naps, get some take-out, go for walks in the sunshine, listen to music you enjoy. Visit and enjoy being with family, if possible. You deserve to enjoy life and to rest. Sometimes answers just come with time and luck.

I think I may just stop looking and just wait and see what happens.
I am very sorry for your loss, you can see that he is a good calm boy, sometimes depression does these things, it may be that he has found his inner peace ... I hope with all my heart that one day he will know what happened to him, a hug from Chile

It has now been more than 25 years and our grandma and mother have both passed away. I am going to see about having him declared legally deceased so I can mentally try to move on and not devote so many hours searching for him. Our mother was blind so for her peace of mind I devoted many many hours to searching in places online she could not since she could not see for herself. My children and grandchildren need closure and if he turns up at this point so be it. If he is still alive we can deal with any ruling as to his status at that time.

Last edited:
It has now been more than 25 years and our grandma and mother have both passed away. I am going to see about having him declared legally deceased so I can mentally try to move on and not devote so many hours searching for him. Our mother was blind so for her peace of mind I devoted many many hours to searching in places online she could not since she could not see for herself. My children and grandchildren need closure and if he turns up at this point so be it. If he is still alive we can deal with any ruling as to his status at that time.
I hope with all my heart that you can find the answers you are looking for... he lives in your hearts... never forget him

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liskfanatic63
Back