IL - Actor Jussie Smollett, hate crime hoax, Jan 2019 *Guilty* #7

Why should Carlee, who pulled the same 'fake kidnapping attempt' stunt, be charged with jail time, if Smollett doesn't get any? She didn't create a fake racial incident and accuse white people of hanging a noose around her neck.

His stunt was so ridiculous, delusional , over the top and very bad for racial harmony. So why should he walk away with no consequences?

He sabatoged his career. I wouldn't consider that no consequences.

Until JS can be honest with himself and own his responsibility for his actions, no amount of 'treatment' will help him. It will only be more futile attempts at acting.

He sabatoged his career. I wouldn't consider that no consequences.

Until JS can be honest with himself and own his responsibility for his actions, no amount of 'treatment' will help him. It will only be more futile attempts at acting.

LOL. I would like to see him in treatment. He wouldn't last a day. Everyone would cut him to pieces with his BS. Lie in treatment? Yeah, not. The other patients would call him out in a heartbeat.

He should stay home with Mama, and be coddled. It appears that his own family doesn't even call him out.

I think the article said outpatient treatment? For substance abuse issues?

Imo, treatment can help someone understand *why* they abuse whatever substance they abuse. 12 step programs teach people *how* to stay in recovery. In either case doing it for external reasons, especially as a show for court are temporary solutions. Is there any evidence JS recognizes the problem is with himself?

I think the article said outpatient treatment? For substance abuse issues?

Imo, treatment can help someone understand *why* they abuse whatever substance they abuse. 12 step programs teach people *how* to stay in recovery. In either case doing it for external reasons, especially as a show for court are temporary solutions. Is there any evidence JS recognizes the problem is with himself?

He recognizes that the we don’t buy it so he is coming up with another hoax. It’s the ‘rehab for sympathy’ hoax.

I think it infuriates him that people see him for what he is. He was exposed for an attention seeking fraud…not a smart one at that.

Why should Carlee, who pulled the same 'fake kidnapping attempt' stunt, be charged with jail time, if Smollett doesn't get any? She didn't create a fake racial incident and accuse white people of hanging a noose around her neck.

His stunt was so ridiculous, delusional , over the top and very bad for racial harmony. So why should he walk away with no consequences?
Don't start me...

IMO, JS walked away because of a crooked backroom deal brokered by Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx. Cook County (IL) is notoriously corrupt, as is most of Illinois. The city of Chicago is within Cook County.

It will be very interesting to watch the CCSA primary election in November to see who will replace her.

JMO

After rereading this post, I want to say that I DO believe that Carlee should serve some time for her fake kidnapping stunt. I am surprised but glad they gave her some jail time so she could contemplate her future actions.

But I don't think it reached the level of public risk that Smollett's stunt did. He tried to create a race riot, imo.

After rereading this post, I want to say that I DO believe that Carlee should serve some time for her fake kidnapping stunt. I am surprised but glad they gave her some jail time so she could contemplate her future actions.

But I don't think it reached the level of public risk that Smollett's stunt did. He tried to create a race riot, imo.
BBM - He did and he also tried to incite opposing political parties during a time when things were already stirred up. I have thought for a long time that our political affiliation or opinion should be protected, just like our gender, age, sexual preference, race, etc...jmo.

Wonder why this was never deleted? https://x.com/KamalaHarris/status/1090361495119187969?s=20

BBM - He did and he also tried to incite opposing political parties during a time when things were already stirred up. I have thought for a long time that our political affiliation or opinion should be protected, just like our gender, age, sexual preference, race, etc...jmo.

Wonder why this was never deleted? https://x.com/KamalaHarris/status/1090361495119187969?s=20
Wow.

A little history about Kamala and Foxx.

IMO, a year or so before Kamala was announced as Biden's running mate for the 2020 Presidential election they were both being prepared for National Level Democratic positions. It was thought that the Cook County Prosecutor's position would be a perfect stepping stone for Foxx to ascend in the Democratic Party to a National Position. It was planned Foxx would follow in Harris' footsteps

Some more interesting articles about the two.

JMO, this is all completely my own opinion about the politics that lead up to the Jussie Smolett case and why he got off so easily.

Wow.

A little history about Kamala and Foxx.

IMO, a year or so before Kamala was announced as Biden's running mate for the 2020 Presidential election they were both being prepared for National Level Democratic positions. It was thought that the Cook County Prosecutor's position would be a perfect stepping stone for Foxx to ascend in the Democratic Party to a National Position. It was planned Foxx would follow in Harris' footsteps

Some more interesting articles about the two.

JMO, this is all completely my own opinion about the politics that lead up to the Jussie Smolett case and why he got off so easily.
It really is all in who you know and who you are connected too. I agree with you.

JS sickens me. His pretend "hate crime" is so absolutely depraved. He doesn't have a clue about what a real hate crime is...you don't get a tiny cut on your face.

This is a "hate crime".

The fact that JS continues to double down on his "innocence" is even more despicable. Own it. Then maybe, you can apologize and get some respect.

JS sickens me. His pretend "hate crime" is so absolutely depraved. He doesn't have a clue about what a real hate crime is...you don't get a tiny cut on your face.

This is a "hate crime".

The fact that JS continues to double down on his "innocence" is even more despicable. Own it. Then maybe, you can apologize and get some respect.
If he had experienced a real hate crime, he wouldn't have returned home holding his subway sandwich and wearing a fake noose made out of string from the dime store.

Illinois court slaps down Jussie Smollett's appeal against disorderly conduct conviction meaning he'll be forced to spend 150 DAYS behind bars
Smollett was convicted on five counts of disorderly conduct, sentenced to 150 days in jail, 30 months felony probation and $120,106 in restitution to the City of Chicago and a $25,000 fine.

However, he only served six days in jail before he was released on March 16, 2022 when his lawyer's filed an appeal.

Now the Appellate Court of Cook County has denied the appeal Smollett may now be required to complete the rest of his sentence.

During the original sentencing hearing Smollett shouted at the judge that he was innocent, warning the judge that he was not suicidal and if he died in custody it was somebody else, and not him, who would have taken his life.

"Smollett MAY now be required to complete his sentence".

What is with the qualifier? "MAY"? What next? Another appeal? Will Smollett now try to slither out of this sentence by stating that his stay in the substance abuse treatment spa is the same as incarceration at Cook County jail?

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Apparently, his next step is appeal to State of Illinois Supreme Court.

Illinois court slaps down Jussie Smollett's appeal against disorderly conduct conviction meaning he'll be forced to spend 150 DAYS behind bars
Smollett was convicted on five counts of disorderly conduct, sentenced to 150 days in jail, 30 months felony probation and $120,106 in restitution to the City of Chicago and a $25,000 fine.

However, he only served six days in jail before he was released on March 16, 2022 when his lawyer's filed an appeal.

Now the Appellate Court of Cook County has denied the appeal Smollett may now be required to complete the rest of his sentence.

During the original sentencing hearing Smollett shouted at the judge that he was innocent, warning the judge that he was not suicidal and if he died in custody it was somebody else, and not him, who would have taken his life.
Good decision: Smollett is such a narcissist!

Schadenfreude, the German language has some really terrific words:

pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

(just Googled, similar on other dictionary websites.)

And in this case, this misfortune was brought upon JS by none other that JS!

TGIF, folks!

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
The Full Appellate Ct. Opinion
Apparently, his next step is appeal to State of Illinois Supreme Court.
snipping for focus @mickey2942 Thx for your post w link.
The cbsnews story has the 69 page appellate ct opinion thru scribd.com.

At scribd that opinion is avail along w 40 some other ct. doc's & articles re the case.
Off to read. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back