IL - Actor Jussie Smollett, hate crime hoax, Jan 2019 *Guilty* #7

Jussie Smollett's brother claims the actor is in a 'psych ward' in jail (nbcnews.com)

Jocqui Smollett said his brother is not at risk of harming himself and should not be on a psychiatric hold.

Jussie Smollett's brother posted to Instagram on Saturday, claiming the actor was being held in a "psych ward" while incarcerated.

Jocqui Smollett posted to the actor's account, which is currently being run by his family, to share the news with his followers.

"So Jussie is currently in a psych ward at Cook County Jail. What's very concerning is there was a note attached to his paperwork today and put on the front of his jail cell saying that he's at risk of self-harm," Jocqui Smollett said in the Instagram video...

<modsnip>

I hope his family members/ enablers don’t go on every talk show they can think of to spout off about this so called ‘injustice’. And shame on any talk show that gives them airtime. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

The brother's report that JS is in the 'psych ward' should be taken with a grain of salt-- just more hype for the headlines. Based on JS's courtroom theatrics, why wouldn't he be on suicide watch?!

The actor's brother said he hasn't gotten clear answers from jail officials about why Jussie is allegedly in a psych ward. He urged supporters to flood social media in an attempt to figure it out.

From JS's booking sheet (which was first available within 90 minutes of being taken into custody), we already knew he was placed in Division 8 of the CCJ where Division 8 is reportedly known as the Residential Treatment Unit (RTU).

Jail Information
Booking Date
03/10/2022
Booking Number
Housing Location
DIV8-2SE-2155-1

This is especially true for individuals in Division 8—the Residential Treatment Unit (RTU)—where detainees with injuries and medical conditions, making them especially vulnerable to infection, are housed.

4/15/20 Not Getting No Treatment: Voices from Inside Cook County Jail

GUILTY - IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime, Jan 2019 #6 *GUILTY*

Last edited:
Of course he is in a mental health unit. He made that happen himself by his mental antics when he was being sentenced. Histrionics and dramatic shenanigans, combine to get one a ticket to the Psych Ward.

Of course he is in a mental health unit. He made that happen himself by his mental antics when he was being sentenced. Histrionics and dramatic shenanigans, combine to get one a ticket to the Psych Ward.

Exactly! Anyone who stated in open court an outburst like JS, "I AM NOT SUICIDAL.". Is getting a one way ticket to the Psych Ward for medication evaluation, and assessment.

Yelling "I am NOT suicidal!" In open court is NOT normal. I am not sure what sort of game JS is playing, but it definitely didn't benefit him. Of course, he is all about drama, denial. He needs mental health more than anyone, to determine why he screwed up his own life so royally.

I'm wondering why these shenanigans did not earn him additional time for direct contempt of court. Maybe because the sentence was already pronounced? Maybe because he craftily inserted a couple of "I respect you, judge" statements in between bellowing that he's innocent and not suicidal and giving the black power fist?

I thought those kind of actions in the presence of the presiding judge was contempt, but IANAL, so I ask @Kristin Esq. to inform me when she has time.

<modsnip>

I hope his family members/ enablers don’t go on every talk show they can think of to spout off about this so called ‘injustice’. And shame on any talk show that gives them airtime. JMO

Totally agree.

Somebody needs to shut this sh%#show down.
Jussie and his family are unhinged, delusional egomaniacs.

<modsnip>

They’re all going to get a book deal and make a fortune assuming anyone buys their lies. Outrageous!

I have no idea if Jussie is a narcissist or borderline personality or any other diagnosis but maybe he can finally receive a diagnosis while being incarcerated in the psych ward. Unfortunately people have to want help in order to overcome any of these diagnoses and I don’t see him going that route. His family is doing him a disservice IMO by speaking out and running their mouths. I repeat if he was my family member I would remain silent. He obviously needs help but I don’t know that he or they realize that. He has done enough damage IMO and they should keep quiet in hopes that this nightmare will eventually die down.

I'm wondering why these shenanigans did not earn him additional time for direct contempt of court. Maybe because the sentence was already pronounced? Maybe because he craftily inserted a couple of "I respect you, judge" statements in between bellowing that he's innocent and not suicidal and giving the black power fist?

I thought those kind of actions in the presence of the presiding judge was contempt, but IANAL, so I ask @Kristin Esq. to inform me when she has time.

That's completely up to the discretion of the judge. He may have just wanted to get it over with, and not engage with Jussie anymore. We may never know what he was thinking.

That's completely up to the discretion of the judge. He may have just wanted to get it over with, and not engage with Jussie anymore. We may never know what he was thinking.

My own opinion is that the judge knew that anything he did would be drama. He gave JS a "jail" sentence, which most people felt was very fair. It definitely wasn't severely harsh or punitive.

The probation for 30 months seems almost laughable to me, JS can travel, go where he wants, and phone in his meeting. Other people have written about it, as being severe! Whatever.

I hope that this sentence gives people pause before doing any "hate crime" hoax. Time to take these seriously. Lying to LEO is no joke.

I have tangentially followed Mr. Smollett's case and if the issue boils down to wanting a raise in his place of employment in the entertainment venue; all he had to do was to speak to his employer regarding this issue, correct ?
Why the theatrics ?

Not to mention this hoax has made it more difficult for legitimate claims to be taken seriously.
Which is the true injustice.
In my opinion.

Jussie Smollett put in psych ward after being deemed a self-harm risk, his brother says

Jail officials moved former “Empire” star Jussie Smollett to a psychiatric ward after deeming him a risk of self-harm, according to an outraged brother of the actor.

Two days after Jussie was sentenced to five months at Cook County Jail in Chicago for lying to police about a made-up homophobic and racist attack, the actor’s sibling Jocqui Smollett slammed his placement in a psych ward as “a complete lack of justice.”

“What’s very concerning is that there was a note attached to his paperwork today and clipped on the front of his jail cell saying that he’s at risk of self-harm,” Jocqui said Saturday in an Instagram video.

“I want to just make it clear to folks that he is in no way, shape or form at risk of self-harm,” he continued. “He wants to let folks know ... that he is very stable, he is very strong, he is very healthy and ready to take on the challenge that ultimately has been put up against him.”

Exactly! Anyone who stated in open court an outburst like JS, "I AM NOT SUICIDAL.". Is getting a one way ticket to the Psych Ward for medication evaluation, and assessment.

Yelling "I am NOT suicidal!" In open court is NOT normal. I am not sure what sort of game JS is playing, but it definitely didn't benefit him. Of course, he is all about drama, denial. He needs mental health more than anyone, to determine why he screwed up his own life so royally.

I wonder if the rant continued during transport to the Cook County Jail? Must have been a sweet ride!

Jussie Smollett put in psych ward after being deemed a self-harm risk, his brother says

Jail officials moved former “Empire” star Jussie Smollett to a psychiatric ward after deeming him a risk of self-harm, according to an outraged brother of the actor.

Two days after Jussie was sentenced to five months at Cook County Jail in Chicago for lying to police about a made-up homophobic and racist attack, the actor’s sibling Jocqui Smollett slammed his placement in a psych ward as “a complete lack of justice.”

“What’s very concerning is that there was a note attached to his paperwork today and clipped on the front of his jail cell saying that he’s at risk of self-harm,” Jocqui said Saturday in an Instagram video.

“I want to just make it clear to folks that he is in no way, shape or form at risk of self-harm,” he continued. “He wants to let folks know ... that he is very stable, he is very strong, he is very healthy and ready to take on the challenge that ultimately has been put up against him.”

They sure seem to be milking this. It's creepy. Really creepy.

jmo

Jussie Smollett says he should be freed from jail five days into 75-day sentence due to Covid risk | Daily Mail Online

Five days into his 75-day jail sentence, Jussie Smollett is now complaining that he is at risk of COVID in jail and is worried about his mental health so should be let out early.

Smollett, 39, is being held in the medical unit of the Cook County Jail.

His family say he is being held in the psych ward and that there's a note on the door of his cell saying he is at risk of self-harm - which they insist isn't true.

They say it speaks to Smollett's courtroom outburst where he insisted he wasn't suicidal and claimed if anything happened to him in jail, it was at someone else's hand.

Now, the family is asking for him to be released again. They submitted an emergency motion in the appellate court on Monday, claiming he should never have been convicted.

[snipped]
'Incarceration in a jail or prison setting poses a heightened danger to Mr. Smollett's health when taking his current health status, including compromised immunity, into account.'

The doctor did not say what makes him immunocompromised, and representatives for Smollett did not respond to inquiries about it.

Since then, Smollett's family say they have received threats about him.

They received one over voicemail and released it to the media on Monday.

The caller used racist and homophobic slurs, calling Smollett the N word and a '*advertiser censored***t'. They said they hoped someone 'takes care' of him in jail.

Lots more in article:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back