IL IL - Boy, 2-3 yo, wandering alone 1:30am West 107th St, Roseland Dist, no shoes or pants, speaks Spanish, looking for his family, Chicago, 21 Dec 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1703236489298.png

CHICAGO - Chicago police are looking for a young boy's guardian after he was found walking alone on Chicago's South Side in the middle of the night.

The boy, believed to be about 2 or 3 years old, was wandering near 105 West 107th Street at 1:30 a.m. Thursday.

Anyone with information about the boy or his family can contact Area Two Special Victims Unit at (312) 747-8274 or call 911.

He was not wearing any shoes or pants. He is 3 feet tall and weighs roughly 31 pounds. Police say he only speaks Spanish.

The area where he was found was canvassed, but police were unsuccessful in finding his family.

There are quite a few scenarios it could be.

Maybe something tragic has happened to his caregiver(s).

Or they are afraid to come forward because of residency status. Or they are impaired in some way.

It could even be that the family he was staying with aren't his biological family, but they were supposed to be taking care of him, and they are afraid to come forward and "get in trouble" due to residency status or neglecting him.
(ETA: Though a child leaving a house could happen to anyone, IMO.)
All JMO.

I hope he is in a lovely patient Spanish-speaking foster home right now.

Oh no! This poor child must be so scared and confused. Thank goodness he seems healthy and was found before anything worse happened. I can't think of a scenario where it makes sense that over a day has passed without his family coming forward, but hopefully all will be ok soon. I'm comforted knowing he's safe and warm now. MOO

We have a nearly three year old grandson, terrifying to think of him alone at night wondering the streets. I hope this child is able to communicate something that will help find his family. In the meantime I am grateful that he's safe and unharmed!

Chicago police are continuing to search for the parents of a toddler who was found alone in the city's Roseland neighborhood early Thursday morning.

According to officials, there were no signs of physical abuse.

A Thursday update from police indicated officials were unsuccessful in locating the boys parents. Friday, a spokesperson from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services confirmed the boy was in their care.

Checking in for any news on this baby. ❤️
I’m with you, was hoping for an update especially being so close to Christmas, I would gladly welcome him into my home. I can’t imagine a parent that would not report immediately unless they are somehow connected to them wandering around alone, thankful he was safely located. Sending prayers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kennedy1227
Back