Found Deceased IL - Brissa Romero, 17, from Carpentersville, gray 2008 Nissan Rogue, didn't return from a work party at Bowlero, Vernon Hills, 4 Dec 2023

Press conference this afternoon. 4pm Central (5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain, 2pm Pacific).
The tweet is from a reporter WGN Radio news. Bolded by me.

Lauren Lapka
@LaurenLapka

#JUSTIN Vernon Hills and Carpentersville Police will be conducting a joint news conference today at 4 PM reference recent developments in the case of missing Brissa Romero including the likely recovery of her Nissan Rogue.

Press conference this afternoon. 4pm Central (5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain, 2pm Pacific).
The tweet is from a reporter WGN Radio news. Bolded by me.

Lauren Lapka
@LaurenLapka

#JUSTIN Vernon Hills and Carpentersville Police will be conducting a joint news conference today at 4 PM reference recent developments in the case of missing Brissa Romero including the likely recovery of her Nissan Rogue.
Oh Dear. I fear bad news. Sigh….

I've been following along quietly. IMHO, I thought Brissa could have ended up in the water. Sadly, she could of been using her phone and not paying attention. I would of thought LE would have searched the ponds extensively in that area from the very beginning.
I can’t imagine her just driving into this pond . She would have turned left off of 21 and come to a stop sign at a fairly busy intersection where she would need to turn right onto Lakeview . The pond is straight ahead of that stop sign .. The intersection would have been very busy as it was the end of a work day. Here is a picture of where she would make that stop before turning right. Seems unlikely to me .

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 2.21.53 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 2.21.53 PM.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 84
I can’t imagine her just driving into this pond . She would have turned left off of 21 and come to a stop sign at a fairly busy intersection where she would need to turn right onto Lakeview . The pond is straight ahead of that stop sign .. The intersection would have been very busy as it was the end of a work day. Here is a picture of where she would make that stop before turning right. Seems unlikely to me .

What does it look like when it's dark out?

I'm assuming that if they're still searching then the PC is most likely not about her being found?
The livestream ended an hour ago, fwiw.

We'll find out at the news conference if anything was found. Sometimes pressers can be disappointing in terms of new news. I hope there is a break in this case.

jmo

The livestream ended an hour ago, fwiw.

We'll find out at the news conference if anything was found. Sometimes pressers can be disappointing in terms of new news. I hope there is a break in this case.

jmo

Ahh thanks. I didn't click on it and was assuming it was still going on.

I'm assuming that if they're still searching then the PC is most likely not about her being found?
I'm not sure. They seem very focused on an area near the shore. It would not be uncommon to schedule a press conference while they pull her car from the water. That way, the Live cameras are at the press conference and not televising the recovery. It has not been confirmed they have found her car.

What has caught my eye in the Live coverage is the proximity of the walking path to both the roadway and the pond. It's possible she mistook the walking path for a roadway then tried to turn around not realizing how steep the area between the walking path and the pond was.

Hoping she is found soon. Prayers for her family.

JMO

Last edited:
Pings can cover a pretty wide area if I remember correctly. If she was coming from her cousin’s in Des Plaines she would be traveling south to north probably on Milwaukee Ave. I could see her getting off Milwaukee and taking Lakeview Parkway if traffic was bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platform
Back