IL-Chicago Police Officer Says She Feared Using Gun While Being Beaten Oct. 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likewise, I have never seen protests etc. etc. when an officer used lethal force to eliminate a perp who was on top of said officer, severely beating him or her. That would be justified IMO. That is what I am saying here.

It is frustrating being condemned because I believe LE should use lethal force as an absolute last resort to save themselves or someone else in immediate danger.

That it is what I believe because I feel abuse of authority is a crime as despicable as murder, molestation, rape etc. When you condemn me, that is the thought process you are condemning.

The reason you have not seen that is because cops do not wait until being 'severely' beaten to begin shooting.

Darryl Wilson, case in point. Once M Brown punched him in the head, the officer reached for his gun immediately. But you still had many people saying it was unjustified for him to do so. How many blows to the head are sufficient before a cop can justify shooting?

That is MSM willing to put anything on the air to support the agenda's that are being forced upon them by God knows who. I can find a crazy person to say anything about pretty much any topic. Journalists are supposed to fact check this shyte. But journalism no longer exists the way it was meant to. Everybody knows this, yet nobody admits it.

What do you mean by 'God knows who?' Are you unclear about whom is forcing that agenda, that the cops are running rampant against the poor, and killing them in great numbers? I think it is pretty clear that it is the BLM movement that is pushing that agenda.

The woman who lied on camera about that police shooting was the next door neighbor of the man who was shot. So I imagine they vetted her somewhat and decided she was in fact a witness. It does not mean she was going to tell the truth however.

I think this is a moot point. It is not about being severely beaten and then shooting. It is about the officer HESITATING at the start, because she did not want to use lethal force. But once she hesitates, she is getting her head pounded on the pavement, and it is likely too late for her to successfully pull her weapon.

The question is about being in a physical struggle and then using lethal force. They already tried tazing him , 20 times I believe, I believe. And he did not stop fighting them.

If she had shot him before he began pounding her head against the concrete, people would have found fault with the shooting because he was unarmed. She would have been liable for criminal charges at worst, and for sure would be hounded by the public on social media, and had her life threatened repeatedly.

Exactly. Now, she'll probably be questioned on why she let it get so bad. Why her training didn't kick in. It's a lose, lose for this woman.

What do you mean by 'God knows who?' Are you unclear about whom is forcing that agenda, that the cops are running rampant against the poor, and killing them in great numbers? I think it is pretty clear that it is the BLM movement that is pushing that agenda.

The woman who lied on camera about that police shooting was the next door neighbor of the man who was shot. So I imagine they vetted her somewhat and decided she was in fact a witness. It does not mean she was going to tell the truth however.
I believe most folks who support BLM are just compassionate people who honestly believe there are injustices happening and they would like to show support for change. Do you believe it is more than that? Do you believe all of the folks who protest are there to "force an agenda"? Is this not just Occupy all over again?

What were the injuries to the officers in these cases? Were they brutally attacked? Severely beaten?

That's an important part of CoolJ's question.

If an officer is trying to detain someone, and is assaulted, how many punches does he/she have to take before pulling their weapon out? One, two, three?

If an officer is trying to detain someone, and is assaulted, how many punches does he/she have to take before pulling their weapon out? One, two, three?

You are completely missing the point.

You know katy, that question might be what really sums up the debate on this issue. I think some have differing opinions on that. If I had a close family member in LE I would likely answer it a little differently.

You are completely missing the point.

I don't think I am missing the point. Someone said that if a cop was being 'severely' assaulted, then pulling out his gun is justified.

So what constitutes being 'severely assaulted'? One punch? two, three, more than three? How many times must the cop be hit/punched/kicked before he is justified shooting the attacker?

I think my question is right on point.

I, personally, find it sad that anyone can find this behavior acceptable. I was raised to respect authority. It's a sad day here in this country when one of our finest is afraid to do her job in fear of retaliation on her community.

You know katy, that question might be what really sums up the debate on this issue. I think some have differing opinions on that. If I had a close family member in LE I would likely answer it a little differently.

Right. I agree totally that it makes a big difference.

And what if you were wearing the badge. How many punches/kicks would you accept before pulling out your service weapon?

What I am saying is I don't think as many folks as you think would find fault with an officer shooting someone on top of her while severely beating her.

Rsbm

I agree. I'm impressed by how tough she is and applaud her bravery, but I think she would have been justified if she'd shot him.

I don't understand the point of discussing the hypothetical outrage.

Rsbm

I agree. I'm impressed by how tough she is and applaud her bravery, but I think she would have been justified if she'd shot him.

I don't understand the point of discussing the hypothetical outrage.

At what point would she have been justified? After he began slamming her head into the concrete? Because I think that was too late for her to successfully pull her weapon and shoot him.

How about after he first began to assault her physically? Was she justified when he initially began to beat her?

Right. I agree totally that it makes a big difference.

And what if you were wearing the badge. How many punches/kicks would you accept before pulling out your service weapon?

One punch and they can use lethal force? That is what they are taught?

One punch and they can use lethal force? That is what they are taught?

If they are punched in the head and the attacker is coming back to do more punches, they are absolutely allowed to pull their weapon and command them to stop.

How did this go down? What was her partner doing as she was being severely beaten?

You linked three threads with little or no interest and certainly no protests or riots.

I could link to more! The point is you said there would be no thread if this man were white. Which is simply not true. I showed you that sadly is incorrect. Sad because white people are often victims of law enforcement violence and sad because no, they typically don't get the same amount of attention here.

I'm not going to judge my fellow WSers - I know there are some missing persons cases I follow closely and others I never even read at all. But I know once a lot of heated back and forth gets started the threads get busier.

Of course there are threads about people and crimes and victims that never get started. I'm not sure what your specific point is - WSers only care about black victims? I disagree. Look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal